Silsbee 81 Hardin-Jefferson 51/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Silsbee Tigers continue to prepare for district play as they host the Hardin-Jefferson Hawks.  Joe Sigler's Tigers, 16-5 on the season, come off a loss to The Woodlands College Park on Saturday, 100-95.  Meanwhile, the Hawks, 16-9 on the season, were last in action last Tuesday, a 47-45 win over Little Cypress-Mauriceville.

Join Mike Sanchez for all of the action from Tiger Gym in Silsbee beginning with the pregame show at 6:20 pm followed by the scheduled tip at 6:30 pm by clicking play on the following player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger Basketball on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

1 hour ago, Pepper Brooks said:

Rivalry game has definitely lost some of its luster with the 2 teams being in different districts. 

Does HJ even have any fans at the game? I swear when a HJ player hit a 3 near the end of the half there was zero crowd reaction...lol

It's lost luster because of the talent difference in the teams. Not because they aren't in the same district.

I have to say and this isn't a knock towards HJ,  that was to me a disappointing game from the Tigers.  Hj was definitely outmatched.  The Tigers just haven't quite gelled yet.  We will need to get a little more focused and play a little better getting ready for the playoffs.   Was good to see everyone get playing time and will be good to get some ready for when we need them.