Silsbee vs. Yates Predictions

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jackyateshoops" post="1378489" timestamp="1361599286"]
[quote author=monknuk link=topic=109731.msg1378413#msg1378413 date=1361593384]
Has there been any update at to time and place.  Has the one-upmanship ended by either coach?
[/quote]

Tuesday, Sam Houston State University, @6pm
[/quote]

Ridiculous!!!  :( >:(

Silsbee is better than HJ (no doubt about that), so will be closer than the 30pt beatdown handed to HJ.

Yates by 21

and from the tone of this forum, Silsbee fans aren't in denial like the Hawk fans here and in the stands Thursday night about how good Yates is. And of course the arrogance of HJ fans is unmatched anywhere

I've only been to three games this year.  I saw Silsbee vs. Kashmere @ Kashmere earlier in the season.  I saw Yates @ HJ Thursday night.
And I saw the Silsbee vs Kashmere playoff game last night.  I normally don't attend games on Friday nights, but I wanted to see what the real Silsbee team looked like.  Elam and Holmes are the real deal, the whole team actually.

#1 for Kashmere has a nice jump shot, a nice 3 pt shot.  I like watching team that can run and shoot.  # 23 is a good player as well.  Those two were the ones that did the Tigers in during that 1st game.

Yates? They're as athletic as I've ever seen.  They remind me of those old Wheatley teams. 

Silsbee has the advantage in the back court.  If they are going to win they will have to press, trap and run, but they know that.  If they get tired, and Yates starts breakin that trap lookout!  It could get ugly. 

If the Lord and Proverbs 27:1 say the same I'm putting in to get off work at 4:00pm Tuesday, so I can get to that game.  My supervisor is a Yates alum.  Should be interesting.

Just some scores for thought:

These are the scores this year when Silsbee and Yates played Kashmere:

Silsbee            61
Kashmere        71  (this was when Silsbee was still playing football, fielded 3/4 JV team)

Silsbee            98
Kashmere        82

Yates              104
Kashmere        90

Yates              111
Kashmere          90

[quote name="homeless" post="1378522" timestamp="1361617700"]
Silsbee is better than HJ (no doubt about that), so will be closer than the 30pt beatdown handed to HJ.

Yates by 21

and from the tone of this forum, Silsbee fans aren't in denial like the Hawk fans here and in the stands Thursday night about how good Yates is. And of course the arrogance of HJ fans is unmatched anywhere
[/quote]

Only by a few of the Silsbee fans homeless.....you are so incorrect in your ASSumption. There is no doubt Silsbee has gotten the better of HJ both times they play....what was it by 3 points and 5 points if I remember correctly....HJ simply played the best game that they have played all year, and was still outmatched down low in the paint. I was at the game and witnessed no beat down, the game was very competitive through 3.5 quarters. I expect it to be a similar game with the tigers if they don't start getting down on each other during the Yates runs.... I honestly wish the tigers the best of luck. I say again, I will be pulling for Silsbee to pull off the upset. Nothing better than a david and Goliath theme.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1378651" timestamp="1361650238"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=109731.msg1378522#msg1378522 date=1361617700]

Yates by 21

[/quote]

Only by a few of the Silsbee fans homeless.....you are so incorrect in your ASSumption. There is no doubt Silsbee has gotten the better of HJ both times they play....[b]what was it by 3 points and 5 points[/b] if I remember correctly....HJ simply played the best game that they have played all year, and was still outmatched down low in the paint. I was at the game and witnessed no beat down, the game was very competitive through 3.5 quarters. I expect it to be a similar game with the tigers if they don't start getting down on each other during the Yates runs.... I honestly wish the tigers the best of luck. I say again, I will be pulling for Silsbee to pull off the upset. Nothing better than a david and Goliath theme.
[/quote]

5 and 8.

81-76, 77-69

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1378651" timestamp="1361650238"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=109731.msg1378522#msg1378522 date=1361617700]

Yates by 21

[/quote]

Only by a few of the Silsbee fans homeless.....you are so incorrect in your ASSumption. There is no doubt Silsbee has gotten the better of HJ both times they play....what was it by 3 points and 5 points if I remember correctly....HJ simply played the best game that they have played all year, and was still outmatched down low in the paint. I was at the game and witnessed no beat down, the game was very competitive through 3.5 quarters. I expect it to be a similar game with the tigers if they don't start getting down on each other during the Yates runs.... I honestly wish the tigers the best of luck. I say again, I will be pulling for Silsbee to pull off the upset. Nothing better than a david and Goliath theme.
[/quote]
Only because Silsbee laid off the gas both 4th quarters !!! We all know that ...

Just some clarification on the Yates vs Kashmere games;

Yates    (qtr1) 26 (qtr2) 22  Half 48  (qtr3) 32 (qtr4) 24 Final 104
Kash    (qtr1) 11 (qtr2) 19  Half 30  (qtr3) 25 (qtr4) 35 Final 90
Yates up by 25 entering the 4th....sophs and freshmen finish the game.

Yates      Half 57  Final 111
Kash      Half 47  Final 70
Yates up big ....sophs and freshmen get time in 3rd qtr and finish the game.

Silsbee better play the game of their LIVES! I mean over 80 percent free throw shooting and over 55 percent from the field. TEAM BALL! Know when to make the extra pass and know when to shoot. Silsbee will need a huge game from Elam, Holmes, and Wilson. Thomas, Reed, and Dobbins must BOX out. No boxing out last night at all. I want to see the best Tiger ball I have seen from this group. Good Luck Tigers! You are the underdog so playlikw their is no tomorrow!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder