*Nederland at Beaumont Ozen Updates*/Nederland wins 50-45 in OT!!!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370697" timestamp="1360172816"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1370605#msg1370605 date=1360164724]
[quote author=team first link=topic=108974.msg1370602#msg1370602 date=1360164246]
i think the better statement would be its not the same nederland.

[/quote]
I agree 100%...Nederland is not the same either, thanks to the leader of that program, BUT...The fact that Ozen no longer has the same championship swagger is more apparent...it's not an EMBARRASSING loss, but it's just not the same. You think PA Lincoln would EVER lose to Nederland? It just was not happening. That's how that program was built, and although it was not the same in the end, they still beat who they were EXPECTED to beat. I mean close games with PNG?? That's not suppose to happen at Ozen, but it's just not the same Ozen.
[/quote]

You are right- its not the same Ozen.  The talent is spread across Beaumont now instead of the majority of basketball players going to Ozen as they once did.  You keep mentioning things such as "do you think PA Lincoln would EVER lose to Nederland?  A few years ago, you could have also asked "do you think Ozen would EVER lose to Vidor" and we now know the answer.
[/

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1370596" timestamp="1360163482"]
I will ask you this.....Did Ozen have a "future NBA player in 2007 when they won the region, went to Austin, and made the state championship game? The answer is NO AND NOT EVEN CLOSE...NOT the same Ozen. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Good win, but we are not seeing the same program that was built to be dominant.
[/quote]Exactly Dickie V people have no clue on the tradition of Ozen basketball you have to have been in the program to understand that things ain't been the same since Saveat took over and its time for a new coach

Are you talking about the "winning tradition" or the tradition wherein nearly every able bodied Beaumont high school  basketball player attended Ozen in its early years?  If you are talking about the second one, I wouldnt guess that one could be replicated.  By the way, the traditions of the Celtics and Lakers are both not being extended currently.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1370766" timestamp="1360183106"]
Imo. Only obvious call that seemed fishy. Was the ozen player push the nerderland player down and they called it a travel. Other tha. That was a solid officiated game... I doubt anyone has been to a perfect called game. . Refs are gonna make mistakes they are human
[/quote] Oh but if yall lost, you would be singing a different tune ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1370767" timestamp="1360183266"]
The more I think about this, Nederland displayed a lot of disrespect last night, and I won't forget it >:(

Yall came out in a man to man...very disrespectful

Colton at the point..very disrespectful..dude stood out there like a "brother" on a 5th Ward playground..."come and guard me."
[/quote]

Dove- That may be your fault.  You said on this very board that Nederland would sit back in that zone and challenge the Panthers to shoot the three.  Coach English, knowing what strong connections/influence you have at Ozen, may have opted to take a different route intentionally just to throw the Panthers off.

Stevenash don't start that about Ozen getting the best in Beaumont, because that was certainly NOT the case.  I will say this again: WESTBROOK AND CENTRAL HAVE ALWAYS HAD TALENT. And in some years MORE than we did at Ozen. This year Central has GREAT young talent, but the only way Nederland has ANY shot at beating them is the fact that Brian English is a much better coach than Central's coach...MUCH BETTER. With the right guy on the Central sideline, they blow that district away, UNDEFEATED. JUST like we did.... ;)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370769" timestamp="1360183457"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108974.msg1370767#msg1370767 date=1360183266]
The more I think about this, Nederland displayed a lot of disrespect last night, and I won't forget it >:(

Colton at the point..very disrespectful..dude stood out there like a "brother" on a 5th Ward playground..."come and guard me."
[/quote]

Dove- That may be your fault.  You said on this very board that Nederland would sit back in that zone and challenge the Panthers to shoot the three.  Coach English, knowing what strong connections/influence you have at Ozen, may have opted to take a different route intentionally just to throw the Panthers off.
[/quote]Man, thats why I said that. I wanted to see Nederland in a man D.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1370767" timestamp="1360183266"]

[/quote]That's too funny! I thought playing zone last game was also disrespectful. ;D
I'm confused!!!

Could be wrong, but I don't think TopDawg is from Nederland?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1370770" timestamp="1360183601"]
Stevenash don't start that about Ozen getting the best in Beaumont, because that was certainly NOT the case.  I will say this again: WESTBROOK AND CENTRAL HAVE ALWAYS HAD TALENT. And in some years MORE than we did at Ozen. This year Central has GREAT young talent, but the only way Nederland has ANY shot at beating them is the fact that Brian English is a much better coach than Central's coach...MUCH BETTER. With the right guy on the Central sideline, they blow that district away, UNDEFEATED. JUST like we did.... ;)
[/quote]

Let me  pose this question to you Dickie.  If Boutte was at Ozen and you were at Central, who would win the head to head matches and who would win the district title?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370780" timestamp="1360184741"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1370770#msg1370770 date=1360183601]
[/quote]

Let me  pose this question to you Dickie.  If Boutte was at Ozen and you were at Central, who would win the head to head matches and who would win the district title?
[/quote]

I cannot wait for this response!!! ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1370783" timestamp="1360185070"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1370780#msg1370780 date=1360184741]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1370770#msg1370770 date=1360183601]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I cannot wait for this response!!! ;D
[/quote]Grab some popcorn!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1370605" timestamp="1360164724"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=108974.msg1370602#msg1370602 date=1360164246]

[/quote]
I agree 100%...Nederland is not the same either, thanks to the leader of that program, BUT...The fact that Ozen no longer has the same championship swagger is more apparent...it's not an EMBARRASSING loss, but it's just not the same. You think PA Lincoln would EVER lose to Nederland? It just was not happening. That's how that program was built, and although it was not the same in the end, they still beat who they were EXPECTED to beat. I mean close games with PNG?? That's not suppose to happen at Ozen, but it's just not the same Ozen.
[/quote]
I remember back in the day when PA Lincoln was beat by PNG  :o

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370769" timestamp="1360183457"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108974.msg1370767#msg1370767 date=1360183266]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Or perhaps English took the comment as disrespect and wanted to prove they are athletic and smart enough as a team to beat Ozen in man.  ;)

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1370792" timestamp="1360186738"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1370769#msg1370769 date=1360183457]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Or perhaps English took the comment as disrespect and wanted to prove they are athletic and smart enough as a team to beat Ozen in man.  ;)
[/quote] Stop reading my mind ;)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370780" timestamp="1360184741"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nederland!!!!!!!! Because English is a better coach than both.  :o

[quote name="RR8" post="1370786" timestamp="1360185743"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1370605#msg1370605 date=1360164724]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I remember back in the day when PA Lincoln was beat by PNG  :o
[/quote]refs were from Mid-county  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1370797" timestamp="1360187340"]
And Nederland fighting for 3rd place now, right?
[/quote]
Incorrect........Fighting for a 3 way tie for 1st.  ;)

I have a question Dove?

Would you rather see Nederland beat Central and have a 3 way tie for 1st? Or would you rather them lose and Ozen take second?

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1370802" timestamp="1360187641"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108974.msg1370797#msg1370797 date=1360187340]
And Nederland fighting for 3rd place now, right?
[/quote]
Incorrect........Fighting for a 3 way tie for 1st.  ;)

I have a question Dove?

Would you rather see Nederland beat Central and have a 3 way tie for 1st? Or would you rather them lose and Ozen take second?
[/quote]I'd rather see Ozen win their region!!