*Nederland at Beaumont Ozen Updates*/Nederland wins 50-45 in OT!!!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1371202" timestamp="1360280339"]
[quote author=Ted Zeppelin link=topic=108974.msg1371199#msg1371199 date=1360279661]
Nederland beating Ozen......What is and what should never be!!!!  ;)
[/quote]

It is what it is.  Deal with it.
[/quote]

Just making fun of some attitudes on here...(hence the happy face wink)!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1371183" timestamp="1360276431"]
5 people have agreed with you, yet you keep bragging and praising your idol. NOBODY, again, NOBODY has suggested Boutte was not a good coach. ::)
[/quote]
My idol? No..One of my mentors, other than my father, in the coaching profession...Someone who has been around me since I was 5 or 6 years old...Someone as close to me as a brother...Yes, all of those. Not my idol...You idolize people that you cannot get next to...Thats a dumb statement...And yes you were implying that Coach English was a better coach because he did not have the "talent" that Boutte had over the years, yet managed to beat him 3 times (in the same season) out of about 20 games total played.... ::) ::)..Ridiculous.

[quote name="eknights88" post="1371207" timestamp="1360281475"]
no all their saying is that English with close to egual talent beat Boutte 3 times.

any other year wasnt close to egual talent

so 3-0 english with close to egual talent
[/quote]
Thats not true...Vidor had a senior team...it was not close... Ozen was very young...Vidor was older, and they were talented....HOWEVER Ozen won the district that season, because Vidor could not beat Central, who also had some senior leadership.....sooooo, what are you saying?  ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371211" timestamp="1360281938"]
[quote author=eknights88 link=topic=108974.msg1371207#msg1371207 date=1360281475]
no all their saying is that English with close to egual talent beat Boutte 3 times.

[/quote]
Thats not true...Vidor had a senior team...it was not close... Ozen was very young...Vidor was older, and they were talented....HOWEVER Ozen won the district that season, because Vidor could not beat Central, who also had some senior leadership.....sooooo, what are you saying?  ::)
[/quote]
How many d1 kids did that "sophomore" team have on it Dickie?? Cuz I can tell you how many vidor had. None. Not one. Jake (the 6 10 guy) went to a d2 school for god sakes and your saying they were the same talent wise?? Really man?!? Wow.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1371213" timestamp="1360282225"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1371211#msg1371211 date=1360281938]
[quote author=eknights88 link=topic=108974.msg1371207#msg1371207 date=1360281475]

[/quote]
[/quote]
How many d1 kids did that "sophomore" team have on it Dickie?? Cuz I can tell you how many vidor had. None. Not one. Jake (the 6 10 guy) went to a d2 school for god sakes and your saying they were the same talent wise?? Really man?!? Wow.
[/quote]

Sure I can tell you...How about ONE!...Kris Richards, who was a 10th grader, and played at Tulane....Jake was better as a SENIOR than Kris was as a 10th Grader....Rod Bellard went D2, Joe Lamb went Juco, and they were juniors...NEXT! ::)....FYI...Some D2's ARE better than MOST D1's.....Just FYI.. ;)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1371213" timestamp="1360282225"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1371211#msg1371211 date=1360281938]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] Jake McWilliams (sp) was 6'7".  ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371215" timestamp="1360282481"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108974.msg1371213#msg1371213 date=1360282225]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sure I can tell you...How about ONE!...Kris Richards, who was a 10th grader, and played at Tulane....Jake was better as a SENIOR than Kris was as a 10th Grader....Rod Bellard went D2, Joe Lamb went Juco, and they were juniors...NEXT! ::)....FYI...Some D2's ARE better than MOST D1's.....Just FYI.. ;)
[/quote]Since when does classification matter when debating talent levels? Kentucky was full of Freshmen last year and won a Natl Championship! Johnny FB won the Heisman as a Frosh!

Let's see: 2 kids with D1 talent and another with D2 talent vs a Senior laden team with ONE D2 kid. Hmmm? I wonder who had more overall talent on the team?? Too easy! Try again to figure out why VIDOR BEAT OZEN THREE TIMES IN ONE SEASON!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1371221" timestamp="1360283346"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108974.msg1371213#msg1371213 date=1360282225]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] Jake McWilliams (sp) was 6'7".  ;)
[/quote]
Thanks soulja. I was kinda fuzzy on the details lol.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1371223" timestamp="1360283654"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1371215#msg1371215 date=1360282481]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Since when does classification matter when debating talent levels? Kentucky was full of Freshmen last year and won a Natl Championship! Johnny FB won the Heisman as a Frosh!

Let's see: 2 kids with D1 talent and another with D2 talent vs a Senior laden team with ONE D2 kid. Hmmm? I wonder who had more overall talent on the team?? Too easy! Try again to figure out why VIDOR BEAT OZEN THREE TIMES IN ONE SEASON!!
[/quote] ;D

Wasn't the forum nice while Dickie V was in hibernation. Every thread didn't turn into "The Dickie V knows everything, and everyone else is wrong" thread. I bet Kendrick Perkins, who according to Dickie V didnt have much basketball skill and was soft, sure is grateful that as fate would have it, he and Dickie V were brought together, so that Dickie V and Boutte with their godlike knowledge and ability could coach him right into the NBA.  ::)

Vidor beats Ozen = seniors vs. freshmen

Nederland beats Ozen = Ozen on a down year and coaching sucks.

PNG beats Lincoln = Lincoln player dismissed from team.

Ozen wins state = Boutte is a god and it does not matter how many down year teams, or "young" teams he defeated in the process because it doesn't support the god complex.

Are there another excuses out there? I mean, do any of these other teams ever lose?

[quote name="baddog" post="1371233" timestamp="1360285744"]

Ozen wins state = Boutte is a god and it does not matter how many down year teams, or "young" teams he defeated in the process because it doesn't support the god complex.

Are there another excuses out there? I mean, do any of these other teams ever lose?
[/quote];D ;D

[b]PNG beats Lincoln = Lincoln player dismissed from team.[/b]

[/quote] I remember that Lincoln team being loaded with talent  ;)

[/quote]
Lmao!!!!!!

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1371232" timestamp="1360285488"]
Wasn't the forum nice while Dickie V was in hibernation. Every thread didn't turn into "The Dickie V knows everything, and everyone else is wrong" thread. I bet Kendrick Perkins, who according to Dickie V didnt have much basketball skill and was soft, sure is grateful that as fate would have it, he and Dickie V were brought together, so that Dickie V and Boutte with their godlike knowledge and ability could coach him right into the NBA.  ::)
[/quote]
First of all I ask that you not twist my words....I said thats what people who DO NOT know the game (as you people on here) were saying about him and he nor I NEVER forgot it...Its ok, I can be done with this thread, its gone on long enough...You people just do not know any better on here...It will never change. ::) ::)

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=108974.msg1371236#msg1371236 date=1360286627]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=108974.msg1371233#msg1371233 date=1360285744]

[b]PNG beats Lincoln = Lincoln player dismissed from team.[/b]

[/quote] I remember that Lincoln team being loaded with talent  ;)
[/quote]
Mr. Garrity, that "loaded" Lincoln squad had a 6'3 post man (Brandon Carlisle) and their best player (Kevin Thomas) in the stands...It DID help develop a young Solomon Jones and Otis Armstrong at the guard spot and got them ready for their state run the next season.

I am hopeful that you will learn this before you are about 75 years old.  Trying to tell a group of people (either directly or by less than discreet inference) that your knowledge and experience is so amazingly superior that they are not worthy of conversing with you is the wrong way to approach things.  The day will come (hopefully) when you will realize that there are a lot of smart people in this world and NOBODY has a lock on superior intelligence.  In my particular line of business, I have often been presented with a case (considerabaly more convincing than yours) that some individual is far superior to everyone else only to have the markets make a fool of him.  Humility can be a very attractive trait.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1371265" timestamp="1360289987"]
I am hopeful that you will learn this before you are about 75 years old.  Trying to tell a group of people (either directly or by less than discreet inference) that your knowledge and experience is so amazingly superior that they are not worthy of conversing with you is the wrong way to approach things.  The day will come (hopefully) when you will realize that there are a lot of smart people in this world and NOBODY has a lock on superior intelligence.  In my particular line of business, I have often been presented with a case (considerabaly more convincing than yours) that some individual is far superior to everyone else only to have the markets make a fool of him.  Humility can be a very attractive trait.
[/quote]
Humility has never been my issue....I am often a target on here because I refuse to bite my tongue on certain issues, and I will not let you people discredit what I or anybody affiliated with me has done in the basketball community....especially by people who quite honestly, do not know very much and are just rabid fans..I am being humble just conversing with some of you on here.....Thats all. 8)