*Nederland at Beaumont Ozen Updates*/Nederland wins 50-45 in OT!!!

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371038" timestamp="1360263712"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1371009#msg1371009 date=1360260960]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371007#msg1371007 date=1360260752]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108974.msg1370913#msg1370913 date=1360244401]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=108974.msg1370905#msg1370905 date=1360240831]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1370869#msg1370869 date=1360205580]
Ok i have to put my two cents in this thread...the thing you fans don't understand is that teams like nederland central etc isn't that good and Ozen is still heads above the rest they just don't have the coach to show it I'm willing to bet money that if Bouttee was to take over again next season Ozen would be back running 20-4A a problem I've always had with local area fans is that they seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to their teams and lose sight of being realistic...Do you guys honestly think Nederland has a chance to make it out of Region 3? Do you guys honestly think that any team in 20-4A is state championship contender? Heck no not even close and it will show in the playoffs...stop trying to say the reason Ozen isn't dominating is because the talent is spread all over Beaumont because it has always  been that way WB has had studs and Central has had STUD its just that when it came down to who had the better PROGRAM it wasn't even close Ozen isn't the same program because of the guy who took over the program its that simple and the proofs in the pudding...Think about it when was the last time Ozen won district outright? Under bouttee...Ozen first lost in history to central was under who? Saveat are you starting to see a trend here?
[/quote]
You want some cheese with your whine  :'( :'( :'(
[/quote]
What the heck does signing D1 in football have to do with Ozen hoops?  You're losing credibility again.  Smh

In the playoffs, a win is a win.  All teams are good.  I think a 4 typing playoff run ended by a loss to a Jones or a Yates would be the same as a 4 round push having beat a Jones or Yates in the second round.  Point being, it doesn't matter who you play, it's all about keep winning, which last years Ozen team did.  Don't let your hate for Saveat cause you to discredit those kid's accomplishments.  They did make it farther in the playoffs than Nederland AND Central with a subpar coach as you put it AND being a third place team...
[/quote]I guess you missed my statement about me actually PLAYING FOR OZEN bball team and you said i barely knew about football and my rebuttal was I signed a D-1 scholarship to play FOOTBALL...I would like to hear your credentials in sports  :-\ as far as Ozen making it further than Nederland in the playoffs that is not considered an accomplishment to us Ozen fans who've watched the glory days at Ozen and the tradition that program was built upon...beating Nederland is supposed to be a sure thing when your playing for Ozen and it was until Saveat took over I don't see what you guys don't see here I don't dislike Saveat as a person he's just not fit for the job at Ozen and its been showing for 4 years now soulja your giving ozen credit for making it to regionals anything short of a state title appearance or championship is considered a failure at Ozen...but i see why you view that as an accomplishment since your a central fan you guys aren't used to a winning tradition on the hardwood
[/quote]

Do you belive Ozen would be undefeated at this point if Boutte was still the coach?
[/quote]I believe the answer to this question is obvious...in district absolutely when the players don't respect you as a coach then you won't be very successful its simple Ozen isn't losing because of the lack of talent their losing because of the lack of discipline being instilled in the program
[/quote]
Name another game changer on Ozen's roster other than Jordan Hunter. Yes the Panthers have some good hard working players but, one game changer!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371040" timestamp="1360264025"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1371037#msg1371037 date=1360263565]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371007#msg1371007 date=1360260752]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108974.msg1370913#msg1370913 date=1360244401]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1370869#msg1370869 date=1360205580]
Ok i have to put my two cents in this thread...the thing you fans don't understand is that teams like nederland central etc isn't that good and Ozen is still heads above the rest they just don't have the coach to show it I'm willing to bet money that if Bouttee was to take over again next season Ozen would be back running 20-4A a problem I've always had with local area fans is that they seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to their teams and lose sight of being realistic...Do you guys honestly think Nederland has a chance to make it out of Region 3? Do you guys honestly think that any team in 20-4A is state championship contender? Heck no not even close and it will show in the playoffs...stop trying to say the reason Ozen isn't dominating is because the talent is spread all over Beaumont because it has always  been that way WB has had studs and Central has had STUD its just that when it came down to who had the better PROGRAM it wasn't even close Ozen isn't the same program because of the guy who took over the program its that simple and the proofs in the pudding...Think about it when was the last time Ozen won district outright? Under bouttee...Ozen first lost in history to central was under who? Saveat are you starting to see a trend here?
[/quote]
[/quote]
What the heck does signing D1 in football have to do with Ozen hoops?  You're losing credibility again.  Smh

In the playoffs, a win is a win.  All teams are good.  I think a 4 typing playoff run ended by a loss to a Jones or a Yates would be the same as a 4 round push having beat a Jones or Yates in the second round.  Point being, it doesn't matter who you play, it's all about keep winning, which last years Ozen team did.  Don't let your hate for Saveat cause you to discredit those kid's accomplishments.  They did make it farther in the playoffs than Nederland AND Central with a subpar coach as you put it AND being a third place team...
[/quote]I guess you missed my statement about me actually PLAYING FOR OZEN bball team and you said i barely knew about football and my rebuttal was I signed a D-1 scholarship to play FOOTBALL...I would like to hear your credentials in sports  :-\ as far as Ozen making it further than Nederland in the playoffs that is not considered an accomplishment to us Ozen fans who've watched the glory days at Ozen and the tradition that program was built upon...beating Nederland is supposed to be a sure thing when your playing for Ozen and it was until Saveat took over I don't see what you guys don't see here I don't dislike Saveat as a person he's just not fit for the job at Ozen and its been showing for 4 years now soulja your giving ozen credit for making it to regionals anything short of a state title appearance or championship is considered a failure at Ozen...but i see why you view that as an accomplishment since your a central fan you guys aren't used to a winning tradition on the hardwood
[/quote]
Well according to you Ozen had a lot of failed seasons. I don't think Coach Boutte made it to Austin every year he coached at Ozen. And, I don't see how you have those views being a former Ozen football player, when you guys have only made it out of the second round of the playoffs twice in the schools history.
[/quote]Of course Ozen isn't going to win state every year but that was the EXPECTATION yeoj now the expectation at Ozen is to win the district title :-\ that used to be a forgone conclusion...and its funny that you try and down talk ozen football team but when I was playing you used to be at all of our practices yeah i know who you are JOEY
[/quote]
Now that's funny! You have the wrong Joey. Cause anybody that knows me, knows that's some bullshit. Lol

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1371041" timestamp="1360264062"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371038#msg1371038 date=1360263712]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1371009#msg1371009 date=1360260960]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you belive Ozen would be undefeated at this point if Boutte was still the coach?
[/quote]I believe the answer to this question is obvious...in district absolutely when the players don't respect you as a coach then you won't be very successful its simple Ozen isn't losing because of the lack of talent their losing because of the lack of discipline being instilled in the program
[/quote]
Name another game changer on Ozen's roster other than Jordan Hunter. Yes the Panthers have some good hard working players but, one game changer!
[/quote]Ummmm does Jacobi Jones ring a bell?

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1371042" timestamp="1360264188"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371040#msg1371040 date=1360264025]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1371037#msg1371037 date=1360263565]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well according to you Ozen had a lot of failed seasons. I don't think Coach Boutte made it to Austin every year he coached at Ozen. And, I don't see how you have those views being a former Ozen football player, when you guys have only made it out of the second round of the playoffs twice in the schools history.
[/quote]Of course Ozen isn't going to win state every year but that was the EXPECTATION yeoj now the expectation at Ozen is to win the district title :-\ that used to be a forgone conclusion...and its funny that you try and down talk ozen football team but when I was playing you used to be at all of our practices yeah i know who you are JOEY
[/quote]
Now that's funny! You have the wrong Joey. Cause anybody that knows me, knows that's some bullshit. Lol
[/quote]Yeahhhhh ok Joey

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371044" timestamp="1360264216"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1371041#msg1371041 date=1360264062]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371038#msg1371038 date=1360263712]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lol...

[quote name="bigdog" post="1371033" timestamp="1360263020"]
Let me use an example here, you might think its an apples-to-oranges comparison, but stay with me.

For the first 15 or so years after Nederland established a soccer program, they dominated the area setting a National record for consecutive district championships at 15 , I think.  In the last few years , the district has caught up and is much more competitive and Nederland does not win the DC every year.  So had Nederland declined or did the rest of the district improve?  Probably a little of both.
[/quote]Perfect analysis. It happens. Boise State beat mighty Oklahoma a few years ago in a BCS game. 10 years before that, it would have never happened. People would have laughed at the thought. Times change, but some just can't accept it.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1371049" timestamp="1360264663"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1371026#msg1371026 date=1360262387]
Dickie- is it true that one year Mr. English defeated Mr. Boutte more than once while coaching "just" Vidor?
[/quote]I believe 3 times in one year! I'm sure there was an excuse for that as well... ::)
[/quote]Was that in 98 or 03?

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1371051" timestamp="1360264798"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371044#msg1371044 date=1360264216]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lol...
[/quote]Or you insinuating that Jacobi Jones isn't a baller on the yard?

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371059" timestamp="1360265189"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108974.msg1371049#msg1371049 date=1360264663]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1371026#msg1371026 date=1360262387]
Dickie- is it true that one year Mr. English defeated Mr. Boutte more than once while coaching "just" Vidor?
[/quote]I believe 3 times in one year! I'm sure there was an excuse for that as well... ::)
[/quote]

Would the year matter?  Weren't both of those aforementioned years part of the "glory days" when Ozen was invincible?

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371061" timestamp="1360265268"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1371051#msg1371051 date=1360264798]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371044#msg1371044 date=1360264216]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lol...
[/quote]
I believe he is!! and i would have to second that....

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371059" timestamp="1360265189"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108974.msg1371049#msg1371049 date=1360264663]
[/quote][quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371059#msg1371059 date=1360265189]
[/quote]Not sure. Maybe a Vidor fan knows or AAW? I believe it may have been the year after Perk went to the NBA? If Ned had an NBA player on the team, I would expect us to go to state every year too. Not everyone has that luxury.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1371066" timestamp="1360265639"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371059#msg1371059 date=1360265189]
[/quote][quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371059#msg1371059 date=1360265189]
[/quote]Not sure. Maybe a Vidor fan knows or AAW? I believe it may have been the year after Perk went to the NBA? If Ned had an NBA player on the team, I would expect us to go to state every year too. Not everyone has that luxury.
[/quote]Ozen didn't have a NBA player in 07 and went to state with a team full of sophomores sooooooo?

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1371065" timestamp="1360265597"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371061#msg1371061 date=1360265268]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lol...
[/quote]
[/quote]WOW!!!!!!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1371066" timestamp="1360265639"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371059#msg1371059 date=1360265189]
[/quote]
It doesnt matter what year it was! The point is that Boutte was the coach!!!  There are several coaches in the area who would of won state with that Ozen team....

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1371072" timestamp="1360265993"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108974.msg1371066#msg1371066 date=1360265639]
[/quote]
It doesnt matter what year it was! The point is that Boutte was the coach!!!  There are several coaches in the area who would of won state with that Ozen team....
[/quote]Ok how many time after that did coach English Bouttee? And I believe that same team went on to state that year sooooooo?

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1371065" timestamp="1360265597"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371061#msg1371061 date=1360265268]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lol...
[/quote]
[/quote] ...and that will let you know that he don't know what he's talking about and he's just spewing garbage...  Lmao. Comical at best... 

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371069" timestamp="1360265938"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108974.msg1371066#msg1371066 date=1360265639]
[/quote]Ozen didn't have a NBA player in 07 and went to state with a team full of sophomores sooooooo?
[/quote]That's a great accomplishment, no doubt. Did you EXPECT Ozen to go to state that year? What about the years in between Perk and '07?
Also, was that all coaching or good talent? Maybe a bit of both? There were 3-4 kids who played at the next level. One kid who was Mountain West player of the year. Again, those type of players come along sometimes. We are getting away from the topic. The FACT remains the Boutte was the coach at Ozen the year English and Vidor beat them 3 times. 

Vidor DID beat Ozen in 2004....Three times (once in a tourney)...Ozen STILL won the district [b]outright[/b], and advaced further than Vidor in the playoffs, with a VERY young squad....Would you care to talley up the total number of wins and losses during the Boutte era against English coached teams? I didn't think you would.... ::)..(its something like 3-35 vs. Boutte's teams) And if you think you could just roll the balls out at Ozen and win, you are SADLY mistaken...Kendrick Perkins was not always KENDRICK PERKINS...Remember when you SE Texans would call him soft, and overrated? I do..He had to be developed like any other player, but some of you seem to think he walked into our gym "Celtic ready"....SMH....That's where COACHING comes in... ::) ::)

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371076" timestamp="1360266136"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=108974.msg1371072#msg1371072 date=1360265993]
[/quote]
[/quote]Ok how many time after that did coach English Bouttee? And I believe that same team went on to state that year sooooooo?
[/quote]That just proves he was able to out-coach Boutte. If Ozen was so good that year, how did they lose to the same team 3 times?? Not to mention it was Vidor who he lost to (no offense MyTwoCents ;) )!
English went to Ned shortly after to build the Ned program. By the time he got Ned to be competitive, Boutte was gone.

Man are you serious? Is Trent Johnson a better coach than Bill Self because they lost at TCU last night? LOOK AT THE RECORD vs. English!! It's like 35-3! You want to talk about being outcoached? That 2004 team was basically a JV team, and they went to the regional tourney and won the district OUTRIGHT! Thats not a GREAT coaching job? You people amaze me at your thought process when it comes to non-white coaches and teams....Contrary to what you folks think, we didn't just roll the balls out and win state! Those kids were COACHED.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371084" timestamp="1360266736"]
Vidor DID beat Ozen in 2004....Three times (once in a tourney)...Ozen STILL won the district [b]outright[/b], and advaced further than Vidor in the playoffs, with a VERY young squad....Would you care to talley up the total number of wins and losses during the Boutte era against English coached teams? I didn't think you would.... ::)..(its something like 3-35 vs. Boutte's teams) And if you think you could just roll the balls out at Ozen and win, you are SADLY mistaken...Kendrick Perkins was not always KENDRICK PERKINS...Remember when you SE Texans would call him soft, and overrated? I do..He had to be developed like any other player, but some of you seem to think he walked into our gym "Celtic ready"....SMH....That's where COACHING comes in... ::) ::)
[/quote]3-35? What kind of math is that? English was at Vidor for 6/7 years? So maybe more like 3-10 or 3-12. 4 of those years with multiple D1 kids AND a future NBA player!

Wait! Wait! Wait!

Are you suggesting that the talent level in Vidor was the same during that time as it was at Ozen? ??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

You've really lost it now DV! DELUSIONAL!!

That Vidor team in 2004 had some really good SENIORS in that program, aside from the fact that English CAN coach...See unlike you, I acknowledge when guys can coach...You folks that really do not understand the game tend to think that since Vidor beat Ozen that year (and still did not win district) it makes English a better coach...Though he is good, the resumes are FAR from equal.