*Nederland at Beaumont Ozen Updates*/Nederland wins 50-45 in OT!!!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1370495" timestamp="1360127611"]
IMO, the difference maker in this game was Jared Lormier for Nederland. The kid came to play tonight. He was aggressive on both ends of the court. He scored 9 points and was a spark for the team. English finished with 20 and Weisbrod had 14. Both played really big again. We've come to expect the two of them to produce like that, and they did not disappoint tonight. Jamiere Rodgers also played with a lot more aggression which made a big difference. Good team win!!

I felt that Ned's D caused havoc for Ozen. Ozen became impatient and forced too many contested shots. Many of Ozen's points came from layups off of steals. We must protect the ball better.

Hunter made some phenomenal shots on drives to the bucket. Not sure if Ozen made any 3s all game?? The dunk off the miss was impressive to say the least. Who is #24? Someone said he is a Soph?? That kid got up!!
[/quote]

I agree. If you look at my post on the who you got Ozen and Nederland post. I predicted Nederland to win by 5 and that Lormier and Rogers would play big.  I think the biggest play of the night was when Ozen scored and went up by 2 less than a minute and Nederland came down the floor and J Jones got a steal and had a break away and Lormier made a great hussle play and pinned his shot to the back board. I think they had to use a new basketball after that play, Lormier knocked all the air out of the ball.. LOL 

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370524" timestamp="1360152575"]
Where are you Dickie V?
[/quote]
I am in Amarillo, at the hotel, preparing for tonight's road conference contest at West Texas A&M... ;)......I saw the outcome of the Ozen/Nederland game and am not really that surprised. Coach English is an outstanding coach. It's just not the same Ozen though... 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1370574" timestamp="1360161772"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1370524#msg1370524 date=1360152575]
Where are you Dickie V?
[/quote]
I am in Amarillo, at the hotel, preparing for tonight's road conference contest at West Texas A&M... ;)......I saw the outcome of the Ozen/Nederland game and am not really that surprised. Coach English is an outstanding coach. It's just not the same Ozen though... 8)
[/quote][quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1370574#msg1370574 date=1360161772]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1370524#msg1370524 date=1360152575]
Where are you Dickie V?
[/quote]
[/quote]Seriously DV, Not the same Ozen? ???
You mean the state ranked Ozen who beat the #8 team in the state two weeks ago? Or the Ozen who barely lost to small college Yates by 3 in late November? Oh, but I'm sure Yates is not the same Yates this year either since they just squeaked by the lowly Panthers. ::) Maybe, just maybe Houston/SETX area teams (and players) are catching up to the Yates of the world.

Ok, I'll agree on part of your statement. You're right, Ozen does not have a 6'10" future NBA player on their team, so they may not be 'the same Ozen'. ::) If you haven't noticed, those type of players don't grow on trees.

Sometimes it's ok to give credit where credit is due instead of always finding an excuse. 8)

I will ask you this.....Did Ozen have a "future NBA player in 2007 when they won the region, went to Austin, and made the state championship game? The answer is NO AND NOT EVEN CLOSE...NOT the same Ozen. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Good win, but we are not seeing the same program that was built to be dominant.

[quote name="team first" post="1370602" timestamp="1360164246"]
i think the better statement would be its not the same nederland.

[/quote]
I agree 100%...Nederland is not the same either, thanks to the leader of that program, BUT...The fact that Ozen no longer has the same championship swagger is more apparent...it's not an EMBARRASSING loss, but it's just not the same. You think PA Lincoln would EVER lose to Nederland? It just was not happening. That's how that program was built, and although it was not the same in the end, they still beat who they were EXPECTED to beat. I mean close games with PNG?? That's not suppose to happen at Ozen, but it's just not the same Ozen.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1370605" timestamp="1360164724"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=108974.msg1370602#msg1370602 date=1360164246]
i think the better statement would be its not the same nederland.

[/quote]
I agree 100%...Nederland is not the same either, thanks to the leader of that program, BUT...The fact that Ozen no longer has the same championship swagger is more apparent...it's not an EMBARRASSING loss, but it's just not the same. You think PA Lincoln would EVER lose to Nederland? It just was not happening. That's how that program was built, and although it was not the same in the end, they still beat who they were EXPECTED to beat. I mean close games with PNG?? That's not suppose to happen at Ozen, but it's just not the same Ozen.
[/quote]Not suppose to happen, why DV? Give us ONE reason why you believe the way you do.

Talent pool! You have to increase the amount of basketball kids and the skill level at an early age.. Nederland has a program for that.. He must think that if a coach of his "caliber" was still there, Ozen would still be dominating everyone.. That coach who established a culture in Beaumont basketball left for a reason.. He knew

It's called CHANGE!! It happens out there! Just don't be too scared of it ;)

quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=108974.msg1370554#msg1370554 date=1360160192]
[quote name="baddog" post="1370552" timestamp="1360159793"]
Who won?
[/quote]

Ozen
[/quote]

Really? Man, I sure was pulling for the dogs. If Ozen doesn't win state, then they must be having a down year.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1370615" timestamp="1360166006"]
[quote author=Bulldog10 link=topic=108974.msg1370359#msg1370359 date=1360118739]
That why I couldn'tmake it.... Nederland always plays 8 on 5 there
[/quote]

Just like when teams play 8 on 5 in Nederland.
[/quote]The refs in both meetings were from the College Station chapter. So if you are insinuating home town cooking, then fish elsewhere. 2 of the refs officiated both games. The 3rd ref mentioned from last night did everything in his power to enable an advantage for the Panthers. If you weren't there, then you wouldn't understand. Ozen fans sitting near the Ned fans were laughing about his calls bc they were so blatantly obvious. 

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1370622" timestamp="1360166732"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1370615#msg1370615 date=1360166006]
[quote author=Bulldog10 link=topic=108974.msg1370359#msg1370359 date=1360118739]
[/quote]

[/quote]The refs in both meetings were from the College Station chapter. So if you are insinuating home town cooking, then fish elsewhere. 2 of the refs officiating both games. The 3rd ref mentioned from last night did everything in his power to enable an advantage for the Panthers. If you weren't there, then you wouldn't understand. Ozen fans sitting near the Ned fans were laughing about his calls bc they were so blatantly obvious.
obvious.
[/quote]
I'm not insinuating anything. I'm saying that I have witnessed "home cooking" for Nederland in a home basketball game where the Refs did everything in their power to enable an advantage for the Bulldogs.

[quote name="baddog" post="1370634" timestamp="1360167937"]
Typical loser's stance bringing in the refs. Funny how Ozen is never outplayed. It was either bad coaching or bad refs...and that is what is fed to their players. Ozen lost....deal with it.
[/quote]No, Ozen fans were not complaining of the referees, Nederland fans did. Even in a winning effort, the refs can play a huge factor in the game.
If you notice, Ozen fans are not denying what is being claimed by Ned fans. 8)

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1370624" timestamp="1360167041"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108974.msg1370622#msg1370622 date=1360166732]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108974.msg1370615#msg1370615 date=1360166006]
[/quote]

[/quote]The refs in both meetings were from the College Station chapter. So if you are insinuating home town cooking, then fish elsewhere. 2 of the refs officiating both games. The 3rd ref mentioned from last night did everything in his power to enable an advantage for the Panthers. If you weren't there, then you wouldn't understand. Ozen fans sitting near the Ned fans were laughing about his calls bc they were so blatantly obvious.
obvious.
[/quote]
I'm not insinuating anything. I'm saying that I have witnessed "home cooking" for Nederland in a home basketball game where the Refs did everything in their power to enable an advantage for the Bulldogs.
[/quote]Sorry I accused you of that. I misread your post. Home cooking does happen in every gym/field from time to time, no doubt.
For someone to claim home cooking in the Ned/Ozen game last month or last night is ignorant (lack of knowledge). As I mentioned, the refs were from the College Station chapter. Maybe that one ref had a friend or cousin who use to go Ozen, bc he was horrific.  ;D

Typical loser's stance bringing in the refs. Funny how Ozen is never outplayed. It was either bad coaching or bad refs...and that is what is fed to their players. Ozen lost....deal with it.
[/quote] Ozen's loss does NOT affect Yeoj at all because he's not an Ozen fan.  He's a casual observer posting an unbiased opinion... 8)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370643" timestamp="1360168792"]
[color=red][font=verdana][size=18pt]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote] :'(

Tis worse to toil and win district and lose in the 1st round playoffs

Thou would rather come in 2nd or 3rd in thou's district to reach Austin  ;D

[/quote]

It was a Nederland fan who was complaining about the officials.

Quote from: Bulldog10 on February 05, 2013, 08:45:39 PM