*Nederland at Beaumont Ozen Updates*/Nederland wins 50-45 in OT!!!

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1370869" timestamp="1360205580"]
Ok i have to put my two cents in this thread...the thing you fans don't understand is that teams like nederland central etc isn't that good and Ozen is still heads above the rest they just don't have the coach to show it I'm willing to bet money that if Bouttee was to take over again next season Ozen would be back running 20-4A a problem I've always had with local area fans is that they seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to their teams and lose sight of being realistic...Do you guys honestly think Nederland has a chance to make it out of Region 3? Do you guys honestly think that any team in 20-4A is state championship contender? Heck no not even close and it will show in the playoffs...stop trying to say the reason Ozen isn't dominating is because the talent is spread all over Beaumont because it has always  been that way WB has had studs and Central has had STUD its just that when it came down to who had the better PROGRAM it wasn't even close Ozen isn't the same program because of the guy who took over the program its that simple and the proofs in the pudding...Think about it when was the last time Ozen won district outright? Under bouttee...Ozen first lost in history to central was under who? Saveat are you starting to see a trend here?
[/quote]
You want some cheese with your whine  :'( :'( :'(

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of last year when someone (DV) said 20-4A was the weakest district in the state. Teams 2 teams went three deep and the other team went 4 deep. Same discussion, different year. ::)

The Region is wide open this year. Not one dominant team other than Galveston Ball. ;)
Again, how many teams have you watched played in Region 3 this year?

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1370905" timestamp="1360240831"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1370869#msg1370869 date=1360205580]
Ok i have to put my two cents in this thread...the thing you fans don't understand is that teams like nederland central etc isn't that good and Ozen is still heads above the rest they just don't have the coach to show it I'm willing to bet money that if Bouttee was to take over again next season Ozen would be back running 20-4A a problem I've always had with local area fans is that they seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to their teams and lose sight of being realistic...Do you guys honestly think Nederland has a chance to make it out of Region 3? Do you guys honestly think that any team in 20-4A is state championship contender? Heck no not even close and it will show in the playoffs...stop trying to say the reason Ozen isn't dominating is because the talent is spread all over Beaumont because it has always  been that way WB has had studs and Central has had STUD its just that when it came down to who had the better PROGRAM it wasn't even close Ozen isn't the same program because of the guy who took over the program its that simple and the proofs in the pudding...Think about it when was the last time Ozen won district outright? Under bouttee...Ozen first lost in history to central was under who? Saveat are you starting to see a trend here?
[/quote]
[/quote]
What the heck does signing D1 in football have to do with Ozen hoops?  You're losing credibility again.  Smh

In the playoffs, a win is a win.  All teams are good.  I think a 4 typing playoff run ended by a loss to a Jones or a Yates would be the same as a 4 round push having beat a Jones or Yates in the second round.  Point being, it doesn't matter who you play, it's all about keep winning, which last years Ozen team did.  Don't let your hate for Saveat cause you to discredit those kid's accomplishments.  They did make it farther in the playoffs than Nederland AND Central with a subpar coach as you put it AND being a third place team...

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1370912" timestamp="1360244115"]
This reminds me of last year when someone (DV) said 20-4A was the weakest district in the state. Teams 2 teams went three deep and the other team went 4 deep. Same discussion, different year. ::)

The Region is wide open this year. Not one dominant team other than Galveston Ball. ;)
Again, how many teams have you watched played in Region 3 this year?
[/quote] GREAT points, Abe!.  Some people have no clue.  ::)

[quote name="team first" post="1370935" timestamp="1360249604"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1370898#msg1370898 date=1360215625]
PNG NEVER BEAT LINCOLN....EVER...Next question.
[/quote]
Wrong again dickie v, png beat lincoln in 92.
[/quote]

Holy Cow!!!!!!  Is it true?  Was Dickie V wrong?  Impossible!!!!!!!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1370962" timestamp="1360254228"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=108974.msg1370935#msg1370935 date=1360249604]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108974.msg1370898#msg1370898 date=1360215625]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
91-92, they were young, but still won district....They lost at LCM that year, not PNG...I will call and ask, but I am about 99% sure it was NOT PNG...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1370964" timestamp="1360254609"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1370962#msg1370962 date=1360254228]
[quote author=team first link=topic=108974.msg1370935#msg1370935 date=1360249604]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
91-92, they were young, but still won district....They lost at LCM that year, not PNG...I will call and ask, but I am about 99% sure it was NOT PNG...
[/quote]

Who are you going to call? 

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1370964" timestamp="1360254609"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108974.msg1370962#msg1370962 date=1360254228]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Im pretty sure Team First would know that information. ;)

Wrong again DV.

PN-G did beat Lincoln in '92. Also, Lincoln did not win district in '92, Silsbee did.

District 23-4A

1. Silsbee
2. Lincoln

Here is the link to the UIL archives for that years 4A playoffs:

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/brackets/basketball/basketball-boys-4a-1991-1992.html

That year, both Silsbee and Lincoln were defeated in the 1st round. Silsbee lost to CE King 66-65, Lincoln lost to Channelview 69-64.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1370985" timestamp="1360258235"]
Wrong again DV.

[b]PN-G did beat Lincoln in '92[/b]. Also, Lincoln did not win district in '92, Silsbee did.

District 23-4A

1. Silsbee
2. Lincoln

Here is the link to the UIL archives for that years 4A playoffs:

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/brackets/basketball/basketball-boys-4a-1991-1992.html

That year, both Silsbee and Lincoln were defeated in the 1st round. Silsbee lost to CE King 66-65, [b]Lincoln lost to Channelview 69-64.[/b]
[/quote] that Channelview lost was worse than the score, trust me.  :'(

I stand corrected...The impossible actually DID happen... :-[...That was the year Kevin Thomas, Lincoln's best returning player, was kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons, and they did struggle some.  Went back to state the very next season and lost to Dallas Lincoln by a point in the State game, 46-45...Once again, I am not above admitting when I am wrong... 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1370913" timestamp="1360244401"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=108974.msg1370905#msg1370905 date=1360240831]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1370869#msg1370869 date=1360205580]
[/quote]
[/quote]
What the heck does signing D1 in football have to do with Ozen hoops?  You're losing credibility again.  Smh

In the playoffs, a win is a win.  All teams are good.  I think a 4 typing playoff run ended by a loss to a Jones or a Yates would be the same as a 4 round push having beat a Jones or Yates in the second round.  Point being, it doesn't matter who you play, it's all about keep winning, which last years Ozen team did.  Don't let your hate for Saveat cause you to discredit those kid's accomplishments.  They did make it farther in the playoffs than Nederland AND Central with a subpar coach as you put it AND being a third place team...
[/quote]I guess you missed my statement about me actually PLAYING FOR OZEN bball team and you said i barely knew about football and my rebuttal was I signed a D-1 scholarship to play FOOTBALL...I would like to hear your credentials in sports  :-\ as far as Ozen making it further than Nederland in the playoffs that is not considered an accomplishment to us Ozen fans who've watched the glory days at Ozen and the tradition that program was built upon...beating Nederland is supposed to be a sure thing when your playing for Ozen and it was until Saveat took over I don't see what you guys don't see here I don't dislike Saveat as a person he's just not fit for the job at Ozen and its been showing for 4 years now soulja your giving ozen credit for making it to regionals anything short of a state title appearance or championship is considered a failure at Ozen...but i see why you view that as an accomplishment since your a central fan you guys aren't used to a winning tradition on the hardwood

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371007" timestamp="1360260752"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108974.msg1370913#msg1370913 date=1360244401]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]I guess you missed my statement about me actually PLAYING FOR OZEN bball team and you said i barely knew about football and my rebuttal was I signed a D-1 scholarship to play FOOTBALL...I would like to hear your credentials in sports  :-\ as far as Ozen making it further than Nederland in the playoffs that is not considered an accomplishment to us Ozen fans who've watched the glory days at Ozen and the tradition that program was built upon...beating Nederland is supposed to be a sure thing when your playing for Ozen and it was until Saveat took over I don't see what you guys don't see here I don't dislike Saveat as a person he's just not fit for the job at Ozen and its been showing for 4 years now soulja your giving ozen credit for making it to regionals anything short of a state title appearance or championship is considered a failure at Ozen...but i see why you view that as an accomplishment since your a central fan you guys aren't used to a winning tradition on the hardwood
[/quote]

Do you belive Ozen would be undefeated at this point if Boutte was still the coach?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1371009" timestamp="1360260960"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371007#msg1371007 date=1360260752]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108974.msg1370913#msg1370913 date=1360244401]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you belive Ozen would be undefeated at this point if Boutte was still the coach?
[/quote]
Do you? I know you know that answer to that one, but its not Todd Sutherland so you, Stevenash, will NEVER admit the truth here. ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1371006" timestamp="1360260714"]
I stand corrected...The impossible actually DID happen... :-[...That was the year Kevin Thomas, Lincoln's best returning player, was kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons, and they did struggle some.  Went back to state the very next season and lost to Dallas Lincoln by a point in the State game, 46-45...Once again, I am not above admitting when I am wrong... 8)
[/quote]
No . . . it just takes you five lines and a lot more of your hot air to do it.  But, well confessed DickieV.  I'm archiving this one. ;D

Let me use an example here, you might think its an apples-to-oranges comparison, but stay with me.

For the first 15 or so years after Nederland established a soccer program, they dominated the area setting a National record for consecutive district championships at 15 , I think.  In the last few years , the district has caught up and is much more competitive and Nederland does not win the DC every year.  So had Nederland declined or did the rest of the district improve?  Probably a little of both.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1371007" timestamp="1360260752"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well according to you Ozen had a lot of failed seasons. I don't think Coach Boutte made it to Austin every year he coached at Ozen. And, I don't see how you have those views being a former Ozen football player, when you guys have only made it out of the second round of the playoffs twice in the schools history.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1371009" timestamp="1360260960"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=108974.msg1371007#msg1371007 date=1360260752]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I believe the answer to this question is obvious...in district absolutely when the players don't respect you as a coach then you won't be very successful its simple Ozen isn't losing because of the lack of talent their losing because of the lack of discipline being instilled in the program

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1371037" timestamp="1360263565"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well according to you Ozen had a lot of failed seasons. I don't think Coach Boutte made it to Austin every year he coached at Ozen. And, I don't see how you have those views being a former Ozen football player, when you guys have only made it out of the second round of the playoffs twice in the schools history.
[/quote]Of course Ozen isn't going to win state every year but that was the EXPECTATION yeoj now the expectation at Ozen is to win the district title :-\ that used to be a forgone conclusion...and its funny that you try and down talk ozen football team but when I was playing you used to be at all of our practices yeah i know who you are JOEY