CONFIRMED!! 3A #1 Houston Yates vs. 2A #1 Kountze/SITE & TIME POSTED

I think Kountze (and for most teams) depth depends on the opponent. Right now, the opponents Kountze is facing allows them to basically empty the bench. But against better opponents, that depth most times gets shrunk.

In this game, I think you will see less of a rotation of players for Kountze as long as the game stays close.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1368648" timestamp="1359669019"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108798.msg1368643#msg1368643 date=1359668720]
Yates could have scheduled something better.. No disrespect to Kountze because they are a great 2A basketball team, but this game shouldn't be competitive for longer than halftime.

This is more valuable for Kountze than Yates. Play hard and use ALL of the game time here as a great warmup and challenge. [b]This is a home game for Yates [/b]so no one get discouraged by the result
[/quote]

First of all, I don't think Houston Baptist is a "home" court for Yates. Second, I think you are selling Kountze a little short. I do not see this game as a blow out. Kountze will hang but they will have to hit the boards hard.

As for Yates scheduling something better, well the pickings are slim being that 5A and 4A send 4 teams to playoffs and do not receive a bye. Getting the #1 2A team in the state is a pretty good get in my books.
[/quote]
I played ball for Houston Baptist and I can truly say that our gym will not hold
enough people for that type of game....!!!! Bout to call the HBU Coach to confirm this game....

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1368692" timestamp="1359674915"]
Kountze is on average. 8. To 9 deep
.  But I expect the big boys to play more than usual.
Edwards. And lowe. . We lost barnes to grades. 
If powell amd harper get hot kountze will win this game...
I expect grayland arnold to play bigt like he did against white oak
[/quote]

Barnes will be back for this. He had to sit out for three weeks.

FYI, this is Allstar Weekend. Traffic will be absolutely insane for folks coming to Houston. If your leaving from the Beaumont area I would advise you leave home by 11am. FYI the Scott Van Pelt show will be at the House of Blues Friday downtown with guest Kevin Durant, Charles Barkley, Kobe Bryant, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Lebron James. Free to get in!

[quote name="utfan06" post="1368728" timestamp="1359680243"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=108798.msg1368718#msg1368718 date=1359678849]
I predict a old butt kicking by Yates! Kountze hasn't played a team this fast and long all year. Yates 96 Kountze 55
[/quote]
You picked against Kountze?  Why am i not surprised
[/quote]

Don't be suprised! Game will be close for all of one qtr! Yates isn't as good as the last 4 years, but they are good enough to beat Kountze by 30!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1368730" timestamp="1359680977"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=108798.msg1368728#msg1368728 date=1359680243]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=108798.msg1368718#msg1368718 date=1359678849]
I predict a old butt kicking by Yates! Kountze hasn't played a team this fast and long all year. Yates 96 Kountze 55
[/quote]
You picked against Kountze?  Why am i not surprised
[/quote]

Don't be suprised! Game will be close for all of one qtr! Yates isn't as good as the last 4 years, but they are good enough to beat Kountze by 30!
[/quote]

If we win will you delete your account?  ;)

How bout if u lose by more than 20 you delete yours. This isnt some David vs Goliath match up. David hadvsa shoot! This is more likve the 95/96 Bulls vs Lamar. Great game to give Kountze a challenge but  useless for Yates. They have better competition in practice. Kountze has a better chance at beating the Washinton Wizards than they do Yates. Playing s at home on NBA Allstar weekend? Ok big bad Kountze! Prairie View A&M will have a new football stadium before Kountze beats Yates! KHSalumni400 u know that isnt happenings bruh!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1368718" timestamp="1359678849"]
[/quote]  41 pt win...... whoa.      Bad santa has to be. Of the biggest kountze haters on this forum  ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1368750" timestamp="1359684882"]
How bout if u lose by more than 20 you delete yours. This isnt some David vs Goliath match up. David hadvsa shoot! This is more likve the 95/96 Bulls vs Lamar. Great game to give Kountze a challenge but  useless for Yates. They have better competition in practice. Kountze has a better chance at beating the Washinton Wizards than they do Yates. Playing s at home on NBA Allstar weekend? Ok big bad Kountze! Prairie View A&M will have a new football stadium before Kountze beats Yates! KHSalumni400 u know that isnt happenings bruh!
[/quote]

All I can do is laugh LB. You coming to the game or will you be at the All-Star Jam Fest at George R. Brown that day?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1368755" timestamp="1359685185"]
Silsbee could beat Kountze by 15 and Silsbee matches up bettet with Yates any day of the week.[b] Yes im a Kountze hatter![/b] Hope they win state but get a.nice.A@@ whipping by Yates!
[/quote]

I know you mean 'hater'. At least you're honest about it. I can appreciate that. You don't try to hide it! ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1368758" timestamp="1359685281"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108798.msg1368752#msg1368752 date=1359685028]
If kountze gets beat by 41.... silsbee shouldnt show up wen they run into yates in the playoffs
[/quote]
Yep I was being nice with 41!
[/quote]
Your a homer and not a realist...Silsbee matches up perfect with Yates?? What is this the night where everybody shows there lack of basketball knowledge??  I guess I missed the memo...

Man Yates had fits with ozen and ozen is very beatable heard Yates doesn't shoot very well lots of rebounds and long passes for lay ups any team playing Yates has to try and stay of foul trouble if you can manage that you have a good chance to win , ozen was seconds away from beating Yates when they turn the ball over on a in bound pass I saw that game any team that can run has a pretty descent shot to beat them , they only beat ozen by 3 so good luck kountze you may have to spend the night in Houston just to get in that gym.

(1)Yates will have an advantage because Kountze will go in a little star-struck for a quarter or two

(2) Kountze will have an advantage because Yates will come into the game knowing that they are playing a bunch of small town country boys whom they have never  heard of, and (Yates) mentally not into it for a quarter or two.

Again, if your outside shooters are hitting, Kountze will give Yates a run for their money. Make no mistake about it, Yates will control the boards.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1368832" timestamp="1359731903"]
Agree with dove except star struck..... they will be ready to play... n
I think kountze will jump out early on yates with a 6 to 8 pt lead...
[/quote]Star struck comes in many definitions during competition. This is a big game for them. Its a nationally well known team. They will be [s]star struck [/s]...errr pumped up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder