CONFIRMED!! 3A #1 Houston Yates vs. 2A #1 Kountze/SITE & TIME POSTED

Lol cmon bad santa its basketball season. Its not like silsbee winning state championships in football.  Silsbee has a great basketball team and so does kountze. Neither team imo is overrated.  Its crazy how 2 of silsbee best players are kountze product....  Too much talent. Comes thru kountze.... more basketball talent than silsbee and thats a fact

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kountzemania
Just FYI...Kountze had pretty much entire basketball team in football and was not even doing much independent work and Coach J was still in football as well. In the loss to HJ they had worked as a team for less than a week and were still knocking the rust off by the time they faced Silsbee. My point being Kountze, HJ and Silsbee would not be the same across the board and should not be compared at this point. You guys are comparing apples to oranges to grapes.

I will delete my account if Kountze beats Yates! It won't happen people. This is a inner city hoops academy. Not some small town group of talent. Their JV would beat Kountze. The Yates team u seen earlier in the year is even better now. Kountze can keep in close for 1 qtr. It might be 21-18 after one then re doors will come off. I live here and have seen them play more than once. You guys like Kountze because u are local. No 2A team in Texas will within 20 points of them. If Yates was 4A they would get back to state. You people need to understand that size matters! 3 guys 6'6 with SKILLS will eat you alive. They have 2 guards that will force Kointze to get out of the press in the 1st qtr. Thief guards at up Travis! Andrew Harrison is the only guard I have seen not be affected by their up tempo. You have a better chance of the Texans winning the Super Bowl today than Kountze beating Yates. Matter of fact Kountze will lose to Tatum!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1369620" timestamp="1359929032"]
I will delete my account if Kountze beats Yates! It won't happen people. This is a inner city hoops academy. Not some small town group of talent. Their JV would beat Kountze. The Yates team u seen earlier in the year is even better now. Kountze can keep in close for 1 qtr. It might be 21-18 after one then re doors will come off. I live here and have seen them play more than once. You guys like Kountze because u are local. No 2A team in Texas will within 20 points of them. If Yates was 4A they would get back to state. You people need to understand that size matters! 3 guys 6'6 with SKILLS will eat you alive. They have 2 guards that will force Kointze to get out of the press in the 1st qtr. Thief guards at up Travis! Andrew Harrison is the only guard I have seen not be affected by their up tempo. You have a better chance of the Texans winning the Super Bowl today than Kountze beating Yates. Matter of fact Kountze will lose to Tatum!
[/quote]
Ok hater..there JV will beat Kountze and Tatum... have you ever watched a basketball game?? Do you know anything?

[/quote]

Look how dumb you sound LB. First you say no 2A team will come within 20 pts of Kountze then you say they will lose to Tatum?

We'll have a deeper debate when I see you. I know I will

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1369094" timestamp="1359765914"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108798.msg1369091#msg1369091 date=1359765224]
But  :-\Correction 5a team.  Milby. But that kountze team. Was prolly 1 of the best 5 teams in the state. Any classification..... milby was also loaded....  this kountze team is very talented but not on that level best ktz team imo since the 07 championship team
[/quote]

Actually Milby was the USA Today #1 team in the NATION at that time  ;)
[/quote]

I remember the time they played Heritage Christian in a warm up game.  Heritage had half a dozen D-I giants on their team.  The put on a dunking exhibition before the game, but once the whistle blew to start the game it was all Kountze.  This is going to be an up and down the court affair.  You will see very little half-court game.  It will be a game of streaks.  I hope Kountze can pull it off.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1369684" timestamp="1359953448"]
BS U no how to keep those Kountze fan all up set.If Kountze  don't win that ok it will help them more than Yates.Kountze  has got a real good chance to win Reg. 3    The team that they will have to BEAT WILL  BE JIM NED TOO WIN STATE.
[/quote]
We are #1 for a reason.. Jim Ned will have to beat us:-)

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1369685" timestamp="1359953907"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=108798.msg1369094#msg1369094 date=1359765914]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108798.msg1369091#msg1369091 date=1359765224]
But  :-\Correction 5a team.  Milby. But that kountze team. Was prolly 1 of the best 5 teams in the state. Any classification..... milby was also loaded....  this kountze team is very talented but not on that level best ktz team imo since the 07 championship team
[/quote]

Actually Milby was the USA Today #1 team in the NATION at that time  ;)
[/quote]

I remember the time they played Heritage Christian in a warm up game.  Heritage had half a dozen D-I giants on their team.  The put on a dunking exhibition before the game, but once the whistle blew to start the game it was all Kountze.  This is going to be an up and down the court affair.  You will see very little half-court game.  It will be a game of streaks.  I hope Kountze can pull it off.
[/quote]Think think I saw that one, Angelina College?  Heritage did put on a pre game show...

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1369640" timestamp="1359937611"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=108798.msg1369620#msg1369620 date=1359929032]
[/quote]

Look how dumb you sound LB. First you say no 2A team will come within 20 pts of Kountze then you say they will lose to Tatum?

We'll have a deeper debate when I see you. I know I will

Watch out everybody!  BS is off his meds
again. :) ::) 8)

[/quote]
Well, he probably can't be trusted to honor his opening statement - but, anyway:  GO KOUNTZE      GO KOUNTZE    GO KOUNTZE! ;D

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1369881" timestamp="1360011348"]
It would appear he dislikes all basketball that isnt Silsbee basketball.  Whatever you do, dont challenge him to a golf match.
[/quote]

I've only challenged him to answer the question about the last time Silsbee won a State Championship or played in the State Finals.

Still awaiting an answer.... after two days.... ;)

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1369891" timestamp="1360013848"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108798.msg1369881#msg1369881 date=1360011348]
It would appear he dislikes all basketball that isnt Silsbee basketball.  Whatever you do, dont challenge him to a golf match.
[/quote]

I've only challenged him to answer the question about the last time Silsbee won a State Championship or played in the State Finals.

Still awaiting an answer.... after two days.... ;)
[/quote]

I have done the same thing in the past.  You have already seen his response.  It turns to the Silsbee football team.  When I mentioned that HJ had several state golf and tennis championships aside from basketball, he remarked that those sports were inconsequential and not as important as power lifting.

Silsbee has zero state title in there history. KHSalumn400 has his answer. Now my question is besides basketball, what other sports has Kountze had success in? SteveNash if you wanna play golf, I will be off next Wednesday-Sunday. I will be with the family for Allstar Game activites Friday night of next week and Saturday night. I'm open on Thursday and Friday morning. Meet me at Top Gold or come hang out at Red Stone for the NBA Allstar Golf challenge Friday. Kountze is very scuuesful in basketball. All I asked is what other sport that draws any attention have they had success. When is the last time they beat Newton in Football.

I've had the priviledge of seeing both teams this yr. They are both full of talent and have legitimate shots to win state at their class levels. I dont see any scenario where Kountze pulls the upset. The "live by the three, die by the three" will be in full effect in this one. Kountze will be able to get plenty of looks from the arc. In both the Yate's games I saw, their opponents got open looks on the perimeter because they double the ball on defense for 94 feet the whole game. If Kountze can make a high percentage, they will compete. If they don't, hello blowout! The area of the game they will be overmatched is on the glass. Offensive boards in particular. It should be entertaining and I hope I can make it to the game.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1369931" timestamp="1360024558"]
I've had the priviledge of seeing both teams this yr. They are both full of talent and have legitimate shots to win state at their class levels. I dont see any scenario where Kountze pulls the upset. The "live by the three, die by the three" will be in full effect in this one. Kountze will be able to get plenty of looks from the arc. In both the Yate's games I saw, their opponents got open looks on the perimeter because they double the ball on defense for 94 feet the whole game. If Kountze can make a high percentage, they will compete. If they don't, hello blowout! The area of the game they will be overmatched is on the glass. Offensive boards in particular. It should be entertaining and I hope I can make it to the game.
[/quote] I expect yates to be in foul trouble unless refs not callin over bk calls because kountze will crash the glass n box out

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1369931" timestamp="1360024558"]
[/quote]Yep

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1369942" timestamp="1360027379"]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=108798.msg1369931#msg1369931 date=1360024558]
[/quote] I expect yates to be in foul trouble unless refs not callin over bk calls because kountze will crash the glass n box out
[/quote] LOL!  HMMMM

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn