CONFIRMED!! 3A #1 Houston Yates vs. 2A #1 Kountze/SITE & TIME POSTED

Are you guys REALLY even DISCUSSING KOUNTZE and YATES??? :o :o....Come on, man! They're not even in the same league with Yates...Literally and figuratively...Yes Kountze will scrap, and fight them hard, but at the end of the day its going to likely be a lopsided Yates win....Yates should not even BE in 3A, actually, so them playing a 2A is MORE of a mismatch than it even APPEARS to be...Come on folks..I know you Kountze people LOVE your team and for good reason, they have a shot at winning it all in 2A...But they are not in the same league as Yates.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1368853" timestamp="1359736804"]
Are you guys REALLY even DISCUSSING KOUNTZE and YATES??? :o :o....Come on, man! They're not even in the same league with Yates...Literally and figuratively...Yes Kountze will scrap, and fight them hard, but at the end of the day its going to likely be a lopsided Yates win....Yates should not even BE in 3A, actually, so them playing a 2A is MORE of a mismatch than it even APPEARS to be...Come on folks..I know you Kountze people LOVE your team and for good reason, they have a shot at winning it all in 2A...But they are not in the same league as Yates.
[/quote]

Ouch!!!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1368819" timestamp="1359729261"]
(1)Yates will have an advantage because Kountze will go in a little star-struck for a quarter or two

(2) Kountze will have an advantage because Yates will come into the game knowing that they are playing a bunch of small town country boys whom they have never  heard of, and (Yates) mentally not into it for a quarter or two.

Again, if your outside shooters are hitting, Kountze will give Yates a run for their money. Make no mistake about it, Yates will control the boards.
[/quote]
I have trouble giving BD3 credit for anything he says, but I pretty much agree with him on this assessment. :)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1368853" timestamp="1359736804"]
[/quote]

Kountze people aren't the ONLY ones discussing this game.  ::)

[quote name="Stephen A Smith" post="1368862" timestamp="1359737344"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108798.msg1368853#msg1368853 date=1359736804]
[/quote] Ouchie!!!

Ouch!!!!
[/quote]

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1368904" timestamp="1359739134"]
Yates by a lot!! 8)....Yates 92, Kountze 67....And THAT'S being very generous! Kountze has no size, and I think those Yates bigs will have a FIELD DAY against them inside, which should be the difference in this game.
[/quote]Yates 89  Kountze 64      ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1368955" timestamp="1359750499"]
I hate agreeing with Dicky V...
[/quote]
Get used to it..I'm ALWAYS right!!  ;) :D

[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108798.msg1368957#msg1368957 date=1359750914]
I see alot of ppl on this site have no knowledge of basketball. 
Dogs1218. I assure u the dawgs want none of them lions.  So if
Kountze beats yates does this make kountze the best team 1A-4A CAUSE yates
Still would be the best team in 4a right ?
[/quote]

Tell me WHY you think Kountze will beat Yates....(I cannot WAIT to hear this)..Go ahead...I'll wait.. ::)

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1368957" timestamp="1359750914"]
[/quote]

Um... What??

And who are you again? Didn't know you were an exert  ::)

First off, where did I ever say Nederland wanted Yates?

Sorry I can take the glasses off and tell you down-to-earth information on the game. Don't get too offended that people seem to pick this "mediocre" Yates team over Kountze.. Geez.. Some people

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1368960" timestamp="1359751275"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108798.msg1368955#msg1368955 date=1359750499]
I hate agreeing with Dicky V...
[/quote]
Get used to it..I'm ALWAYS right!!  ;) :D

[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108798.msg1368957#msg1368957 date=1359750914]
[/quote]

Tell me WHY you think Kountze will beat Yates....(I cannot WAIT to hear this)..Go ahead...I'll wait.. ::)
[/quote]Must be a long dissertation.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1368957" timestamp="1359750914"]
[/quote]

::) ::)

Back away from that little brown jug you are drinking from. ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1368958" timestamp="1359751154"]
AAW Who hold the record for the most pages on this form are the most post on a topic about basketball well this one set a record
[/quote]

This thread is not even close to some of the HJ/Silsbee game threads. Some of those have gone 25+ pages.

::) not worried about Nederland playing Kountze.. Fact is they don't play a regular season game.. But I can tell you they wouldn't be scared of Kountze

As far as your "assumption" on people seeing these teams.. I can tell you the ones picking Yates by alot are the ones actually have seen them.. Not picking from paper

I'm all for believing in your team, but c'mon man!!

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1368975" timestamp="1359752741"]
I said if. ..... Yates most likely wins but to say they will beat them by 30 is a joke.
This game will be close .  And dogs I was talking about the real lions. Up hwy 69.
Im sure most ppl who predict this game havent seen kountze play or yates. Just predicting
By whats on paper.
[/quote]Seen Yates and Kountze play. Kountze is a very good team.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1368979" timestamp="1359753469"]
::) not worried about Nederland playing Kountze.. Fact is they don't play a regular season game.. But I can tell you they wouldn't be scared of Kountze

[b]As far as your "assumption" on people seeing these teams.. I can tell you the ones picking Yates by alot are the ones actually have seen them.. Not picking from paper[/b]

[/quote]

I have seen both teams play. I am not picking Yates in a blow out. Yates will win, but by less than most think.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1368976" timestamp="1359753033"]
My reasons to believe kountze can beat yates is they can 1better shooters outside
2 are deep.  3. Can run with yates.
  Onky advantage I give to yates is height.  And fundamental. Boxing. Out eliminates that. 

Like I said if powell and harper are on, KOUNTZE WINS
[/quote] My reason why Yates will win:
1.Yates is a really a 6A team-And if you don't know what I mean by this, then you are really in big trouble;)

2. If your shooters can't create off the dribble, you are in trouble. And if you don't know what I mean by this- you getting deeper in territory you never been before. I have more but I will stop for now.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1368982" timestamp="1359753606"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108798.msg1368979#msg1368979 date=1359753469]

[b]As far as your "assumption" on people seeing these teams.. I can tell you the ones picking Yates by alot are the ones actually have seen them.. Not picking from paper[/b]

[/quote]

I have seen both teams play. I am not picking Yates in a blow out. Yates will win, but by less than most think.
[/quote] Yates will give Kountze easy baskets if Kountze rebounds and look up the court. Their players (snowbirds or is it slowbirds?) will be open

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1368982" timestamp="1359753606"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108798.msg1368979#msg1368979 date=1359753469]

[/quote]

[/quote] Aggie being nice because he don't wanna offend his subscribers  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder