CONFIRMED!! 3A #1 Houston Yates vs. 2A #1 Kountze/SITE & TIME POSTED

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mdbder" post="1368607" timestamp="1359664349"]
Looked at Yates schedule and they beat Cypress spring by 5, Humble beat Cypress Spring by 12, and Kountze lost to Humble by 10 with three starters out. Any thoughts on this?
[/quote]

Kountze had all of their players against Humble although some had flu symptoms. They didn't lose the three starters until the 2nd game that day against Tatum.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1368613" timestamp="1359665083"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108798.msg1368612#msg1368612 date=1359664966]
Aggies is the game 3pm ? Seen somewhere about 1 30 pm
[/quote]

From both camps, the game is 3pm.
[/quote]

Man you're worse than ESPN's Chris Broussard with all of your reporting...  :D ;D

Good job getting the facts though.

Hearing this game could be video streamed and televised live.

If so, that rules us out as being able to broadcast game. Just not enough room and with a live video online stream, really not necessary for audio only broadcast.

Looks like our partners Legacy Sports Network will do the game.

We will post all the broadcast details when they are made available to us.

Could be blowout city, babbbyyy!  8)....be very careful what you guys are wishing for in SE Texas....Although not the same as the Yates teams in years past, they are still REALLY good....HOWEVER, those little rascals from Kountze are usually FEARLESS!! Could be a real good game, too on second thought! ;)

Yates could have scheduled something better.. No disrespect to Kountze because they are a great 2A basketball team, but this game shouldn't be competitive for longer than halftime.

This is more valuable for Kountze than Yates. Play hard and use ALL of the game time here as a great warmup and challenge. This is a home game for Yates so no one get discouraged by the result

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1368643" timestamp="1359668720"]
Yates could have scheduled something better.. No disrespect to Kountze because they are a great 2A basketball team, but this game shouldn't be competitive for longer than halftime.

This is more valuable for Kountze than Yates. Play hard and use ALL of the game time here as a great warmup and challenge. [b]This is a home game for Yates [/b]so no one get discouraged by the result
[/quote]

First of all, I don't think Houston Baptist is a "home" court for Yates. Second, I think you are selling Kountze a little short. I do not see this game as a blow out. Kountze will hang but they will have to hit the boards hard.

As for Yates scheduling something better, well the pickings are slim being that 5A and 4A send 4 teams to playoffs and do not receive a bye. Getting the #1 2A team in the state is a pretty good get in my books.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1368648" timestamp="1359669019"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108798.msg1368643#msg1368643 date=1359668720]

This is more valuable for Kountze than Yates. Play hard and use ALL of the game time here as a great warmup and challenge. [b]This is a home game for Yates [/b]so no one get discouraged by the result
[/quote]

First of all, I don't think Houston Baptist is a "home" court for Yates. Second, I think you are selling Kountze a little short. I do not see this game as a blow out. Kountze will hang but they will have to hit the boards hard.

As for Yates scheduling something better, well the pickings are slim being that 5A and 4A send 4 teams to playoffs and do not receive a bye. Getting the #1 2A team in the state is a pretty good get in my books.
[/quote]

This game is in the Houston area, aka a home game for Yates. When they have big games, they don't play in their tiny gym on campus, but rather at a different location.. I.e. Houston baptist

As far as the final score and game, I will fully eat crow for that if Kountze does better, but I don't see it happening. I hope lots of locals get to go watch this game. Might be eye-opening :o

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1368667" timestamp="1359671973"]
How deep is Kountze?

If Kountze shooters are hitting their shots, they could give Yates a fit, If not, a long night ahead.
[/quote]
Agree - if Kountze doesn't come out "Star struck" they will be competitive.  This could be a classic coaching game for Joubert. 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder