Opening at Hardin-Jefferson

Chasmack

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1368815" timestamp="1359728843"]
This is a rumor from the old coach site. Has anyone from HJ heard this?

Rumor is, they are making the Basketball Coach the AD and promoting from within.
[/quote]I would not be doubt it.. When I played there the girls bb coach was the AD.... I believe coach sutherland was promised the job before he got there.  also the superintendent is a former basketball player on the 91 state team 

If they hire from out side do you think The OC from Dayton would apply... He is from HJ

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1368815" timestamp="1359728843"]

Rumor is, they are making the Basketball Coach the AD and promoting from within.
[/quote]

I heard this would be more on the lines of an interim basis but depending on the applicants, could be permanent.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="hitman009" post="1368825" timestamp="1359730082"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1368815#msg1368815 date=1359728843]

[/quote]I would not be doubt it.. When I played there the girls bb coach was the AD.... I believe coach sutherland was promised the job before he got there.  also the superintendent is a former basketball player on the 91 state team 

If they hire from out side do you think The OC from Dayton would apply... He is from HJ
[/quote]

I did not agree with a lot of what bedelmon posted, but I did agree with him on one thing.
They need to hire someone from outside the community.
A good young coach who will come in with a lot of fire & passion, not listen to parents.
Set up a off season program and get the kids to believe in themselves.
Hire a staff with the same fire and passion that he has.

A coach (friend) sent me a PM on facebook last night and asked me about the program, (I know nothing about the program) I told him to contact the school.

He is a great young coach from the dfw area.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1368829" timestamp="1359731091"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=108568.msg1368825#msg1368825 date=1359730082]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1368815#msg1368815 date=1359728843]

[/quote]

I did not agree with a lot of what bedelmon posted, but I did agree with him on one thing.
They need to hire someone from outside the community.
A good young coach who will come in with a lot of fire & passion, not listen to parents.
Set up a off season program and get the kids to believe in themselves.
Hire a staff with the same fire and passion that he has.

A coach (friend) sent me a PM on facebook last night and asked me about the program, (I know nothing about the program) I told him to contact the school.

He is a great young coach from the dfw area.
[/quote]I also think they should hire outside the area.  Need to get someone with fire and passion.  Good for the kids. JMO.

I have spoken with my source and can assure you this is correct:

They have hired someone from the outside to be the interim AD and that person will handle paperwork, PO's, etc. only. 

They are taking applications through the end of February and will start interviewing in March.

The job is as open as it gets, no one has an inside track and HJ's goal is to find the most qualified person for the job of Athletic Director.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368777" timestamp="1359689626"]
Really, a piece of work  because i refuse to believe our kids are the reason Martel couldnt win. Lazeek, you should be ashamed to believe that. Hope you guys enjoyed my post. Usedtobe, not even going to acknowledge you. Fran, l love you man. Ok, take care guys.
[/quote]
Thanks for the personal recognition.  I need the publicity and celebrity. ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
Who ever gets this job will have to be strong willed and break through the thinking of a "basketball school"

Hire his own staff. Implement a off season, approach some of the kids in the hall ways that are not playing , get the kids to buy into his system.
Have deaf ears in what the towns people are saying.

Everybody loves a winner and if he wins, (just make the playoffs on a consistent basis) everything else will fall into place.

Honestly, the kids are the reason. Dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. Tell me how, tell me what kids were terrible and why. Then tell me how martel was a great coach. Great coaches lead there team to victory. Great coaches can turn a bad team around and make them good. Martel never did that. Jv did good varsity stunk. So get a coach that knows something and you will probably get somewhere.  8)<-- stupidest face I have ever seen. So STOP

[quote name="THEmanFORlife" post="1370279" timestamp="1360112374"]
Honestly, the kids are the reason. Dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. Tell me how, tell me what kids were terrible and why. Then tell me how martel was a great coach. Great coaches lead there team to victory. Great coaches can turn a bad team around and make them good. Martel never did that. Jv did good varsity stunk. So get a coach that knows something and you will probably get somewhere.  8)<-- stupidest face I have ever seen. So STOP
[/quote] Hi Bedelmon.  8)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="THEmanFORlife" post="1370279" timestamp="1360112374"]
[/quote]

What in the blue he11 are you talking about? ??? ???

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="THEmanFORlife" post="1370431" timestamp="1360122319"]
Not edelmon... 8) 8). Name is clearly not edelmon. I'm from HF, et your stuff strait.  8)
[/quote]

HF!!! The town that can't keep a coach making a comment on how bad the HJ coach is!!
Now that is funny ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1370439" timestamp="1360122908"]
[quote author=THEmanFORlife link=topic=108568.msg1370431#msg1370431 date=1360122319]
Not edelmon... 8) 8). Name is clearly not edelmon. I'm from HF, et your stuff strait.  8)
[/quote]

HF!!! The town that can't keep a coach making a comment on how bad the HJ coach is!!
Now that is funny ;D
[/quote] Highly doubt anyone from HF would make such a statement, sounds like a statement a bitter person from HJ would make though  ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1370443" timestamp="1360123119"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1370439#msg1370439 date=1360122908]
[quote author=THEmanFORlife link=topic=108568.msg1370431#msg1370431 date=1360122319]
[/quote]

Now that is funny ;D
[/quote] Highly doubt anyone from HF would make such a statement, sounds like a statement a bitter person from HJ would make though  ;)
[/quote]

You are probably right BG :D ;)

I have no care who gets the job in HJ. but i am familiar with the program. I have had many family members come through the program over the years. Hj has always had talent and it comes in all races. Good coaches find a way to win despite what they have and yes they should be judged by wins and losses. Southerland doesent have the biggest fastest or strongets basketball players in the area ......but he wins. The people in that are should have a right to expect the same thing from their football program. The years my nephews played at hj their football program was under Pat Fischer. He had a good mixture of all races that believed in the system and had a will to win. .....Since then I have noticed that alot of talent(white and black) is leaving to go to beaumont schools. Hj  needs a that will do whatever it takes to keep those neighborhood kids playing.

No, you don't know "many", you know a few.

If they don't want to be at HJ and they think they are better served in BISD then so be it.  The increase in HJ's enrollment and their level of academic and extra curricular excellence speaks for itself.

I can assure you more have checked into HJ than have checked out and its not even close.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder