Opening at Hardin-Jefferson

Chasmack

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zeek calm down dude. I am not tryoing to stir any pots. In my original post I said Hj has always had a good program. My remark about finding a coach to keep the kids at the school simply means. Go find a High profile or big name coach that has a good report with kids and parents. The Talent is there and has always been there. Kids stay....and move there for basketball because of Southerland. Hire a coach of his stature and the football program will do just as well. Never knocked Hj...and those kids that left will problay do great in either BISD school. but we both know it they could do really well at hj also. It will always be my opinion that a good coach will get the best out of the kids he has whether they are the best kids or not.

I'm an HJ alumni as well.  I really hated to see David leave HJ but I wish him well at Hastings.  I have known the Martel family all of my life and have all of the respect in the world for them.  Sometimes, for whatever reason, things just do not work out....I was very excited the day Martel was brought in and figured he would be here for a long time, but a record of 25-55 doesn't support that and so at some point, a change is needed.  Good luck Coach Martel.  Lazeek, you're comments throughout this thread are terrible....you speak as if you actually know something....just because you have kin who are coaches, friends who are administration and you may watch a football game on TV or something, doesn't empower you to speak on behalf of HJ about what is needed in the football department....i think we both know that's out of your league.  This is the greatest game on earth....until you have been involved in a blood, sweat and tear match in the trenches, you will never truly understand what these kids receive from the sport and carry it throughout life.  Sure, b-ball teaches kids teamwork,sportsmanship and the will to win just as any sport, but you can't win a football game with one player, no matter how good they are....it takes all 11 guys on that field together doing their job.  There is a unique bond that takes place and an overall sense of family takes over.  This is something you never experienced, by choice I'm sure, but nevertheless, you can't understand it if it has never happened for you.  Yes hj enrollment has increased, but yes we have lost football athletes from this school due to the state of our program.  I'm sure you know this, but let's be honest, I don't really think you care.  One last point, a winning program is not always on the scoreboard, it's also the pride that comes from being competitive, self confident, not wanting to let you teammate down and in your heart knowing you can win each time you step on the field....not being beat when you step off the bus.....we have not had this in a while.  No, I am not one who thinks they know more than the coach.....i will support them and the program because that is what this community needs.  Just be competitive and give these kids that are out there some sense of accomplishment.

it's actually my second....but the first one got trashed a while back and never recorded.  i'm really not attacking you, its not my style, but you're responses to earlier posts from other people at hj are inaccurate....and no, you don't know more than you need to...until you've had a kid involved in the program you really don't know.  I'm just asking for you to quit bashing the other hj folks on here like everyone's stupid and have no idea. This school has had a lot of pride over the years and I would really like to see us become competitive in all sports....not just basketball and golf.

First off I have not bashed anyone.  I have only corrected certain people.  Listen I am not arguing that Martels record is good.  It is not.  But he is a great guy, and a great AD.  I would not be surprised if he left because he was tired of all the Monday morning QB's that give their opinion.  I have been to several HJ games and the parents in the stands are pathetic.  I guess that you think that some other guy can come in and win with the talent that HJ has?  HJ has good kids, but they DO NOT have the kids to compete with the likes of Silsbee, WOS and Bridge City currently.  That is just a fact!!!!

Sorry, your corrective comments are somewhat demeaning, but that's my perception.  Let's quit talking about Martel....he has a new job....good for him...whatever the reason.  This sport is as much mental as it is physical....yes i do believe a new coach can win at hj....of course the population out there believes hj doesn't have the athletes.....what in the world would give them any reason to think they did?....we haven't fielded a competitive team in 7 years except for the last one and it was sub par at best.....but your are at hj and so it shows what you know about what it takes to field a team in this sport and if you don't think we have the athletes then you need to stay on the basketball thread.  Unless you are a coach in the program and involved with the scheme then you know no more than what is being told to you....just like the rest of us....no matter how close the kin.  Take information with a grain of salt and know how to weed through the crap. Of course parents in the stands are a little upset....it got worse for each of the last seven years....and if you've ever played the game, then you know it takes a sense of pride each time you step on the field and we've been missing that.

[quote name="spede" post="1371932" timestamp="1360394577"]
Sorry, your corrective comments are somewhat demeaning, but that's my perception.  Let's quit talking about Martel....he has a new job....good for him...whatever the reason.  This sport is as much mental as it is physical....yes i do believe a new coach can win at hj....of course the population out there believes hj doesn't have the athletes.....what in the world would give them any reason to think they did?....we haven't fielded a competitive team in 7 years except for the last one and it was sub par at best.....but your are at hj and so it shows what you know about what it takes to field a team in this sport and if you don't think we have the athletes then you need to stay on the basketball thread.  Unless you are a coach in the program and involved with the scheme then you know no more than what is being told to you....just like the rest of us....no matter how close the kin.  Take information with a grain of salt and know how to weed through the crap. Of course parents in the stands are a little upset....it got worse for each of the last seven years....and if you've ever played the game, then you know it takes a sense of pride each time you step on the field and we've been missing that.
[/quote]Good post. Pride and determination can take you a long way.

I completely agree with Spede. Football is the most physically and mentally demanding sport at H-J i should know i graduated in 2010 and played football, track, and powerlifting. Lazeek you need to leave football to those who have experience in the sport. We have the talent for football and for our school to excel in every sport. west orange stark and silsbee can be beat and will be beat by our team when we have kids playing in the right positions and being taught the basics of football instead of telling them just try not to get hurt. In complete honesty if you go to hj then don't worry about our school and don't get on here and trash our athletic program.

o and Lazeek leave the football program to the new coach and you worry about and you just focus on basketball or golf

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="CRAP_BIRD_90210" post="1372121" timestamp="1360447865"]
I completely agree with Spede. Football is the most physically and mentally demanding sport at H-J i should know i graduated in 2010 and played football, track, and powerlifting. Lazeek you need to leave football to those who have experience in the sport. We have the talent for football and for our school to excel in every sport. west orange stark and silsbee can be beat and will be beat by our team when we have kids playing in the right positions and being taught the basics of football instead of telling them just try not to get hurt. [b]In complete honesty if you go to hj then don't worry about our school and don't get on here and trash our athletic program[/b].

o and Lazeek leave the football program to the new coach and you worry about and you just focus on basketball or golf
[/quote]

I have not seen anyone trash the HJ football program on here except for some disgruntled HJ parents

Guest Wyndipadg-teacher
I would like to say a few things about some of the negative comments on this forum....I teach in the district, my 15 year old son plays football for HJ and the comments made about the lack of talent at HJ are very negative and not at all helping our team or our kids. Everyone that was involved in the 2012 season including coaches for HJ said this season was full of positive kids and positive fans in the stand. Yes there were some frustrated with our losses, but oh my gosh that is natural. Do you think the boys were happy with their scores at the end of the game? No, this years group of kids were dedicated and wanted to win! If you weren't involved in the games and didn't come to support our boys please do not make negative comments about our players! My son played basketball for HJ also and loves playing for all our coaches! He thinks the world of them. We support the basketball, baseball, soccer, football and all the athletes at HJ. Get involved in athletic booster club get involved in the school and know that there are some passionate people about football involved in HJ and want a successful program. We  believe in our boys! If you dont , stay away!  My husband and some of the parents you are saying are negative went in front of school board after the 2011 season to support david martel. My husband Is Mical, who you are saying did not support the program. This should end, and y'all should start talking our school up! Help our school , quit making it sound like it is not a great place to be!

Guest Wyndipadg-teacher
[b][/b][quote name="CRAP_BIRD_90210" post="1372121" timestamp="1360447865"]
I completely agree with Spede. Football is the most physically and mentally demanding sport at H-J i should know i graduated in 2010 and played football, track, and powerlifting. Lazeek you need to leave football to those who have experience in the sport. We have the talent for football and for our school to excel in every sport. west orange stark and silsbee can be beat and will be beat by our team when we have kids playing in the right positions and being taught the basics of football instead of telling them just try not to get hurt. In complete honesty if you go to hj then don't worry about our school and don't get on here and trash our athletic program.

[/quote]

Thank you!! Keep posting !!

Guest Wyndipadg-teacher
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1371927" timestamp="1360391757"]
First off I have not bashed anyone.  I have only corrected certain people.  Listen I am not arguing that Martels record is good.  It is not.  But he is a great guy, and a great AD.  I would not be surprised if he left because he was tired of all the Monday morning QB's that give their opinion.  I have been to several HJ games and the parents in the stands are pathetic.  I guess that you think that some other guy can come in and win with the talent that HJ has?  HJ has good kids, but they DO NOT have the kids to compete with the likes of Silsbee, WOS and Bridge City currently.  That is just a fact!!!!
[/quote]

You wouldn't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="CRAP_BIRD_90210" post="1372121" timestamp="1360447865"]

[/quote]

Another intelligent first post!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Wyndipadg-teacher" post="1372178" timestamp="1360457396"]
I would like to say a few things about some of the negative comments on this forum....I teach in the district, my 15 year old son plays football for HJ and the comments made about the lack of talent at HJ are very negative and not at all helping our team or our kids. Everyone that was involved in the 2012 season including coaches for HJ said this season was full of positive kids and positive fans in the stand. Yes there were some frustrated with our losses, but oh my gosh that is natural. Do you think the boys were happy with their scores at the end of the game? No, this years group of kids were dedicated and wanted to win! If you weren't involved in the games and didn't come to support our boys please do not make negative comments about our players! My son played basketball for HJ also and loves playing for all our coaches! He thinks the world of them. We support the basketball, baseball, soccer, football and all the athletes at HJ. Get involved in athletic booster club get involved in the school and know that there are some passionate people about football involved in HJ and want a successful program. We  believe in our boys! If you dont , stay away!  My husband and some of the parents you are saying are negative went in front of school board after the 2011 season to support david martel. My husband Is Mical, who you are saying did not support the program. This should end, and y'all should start talking our school up! Help our school , quit making it sound like it is not a great place to be!
[/quote]

No disrespect, but HJ needs to get that talent that y'all claim to have playing on friday nights.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1372234" timestamp="1360467741"]
Dude, Fran, really? Talent? So the Cowboys right now dont have any talent? Eagles? No talent?
[/quote]

Yeah, they have some just like HJ, just not enough to make the playoffs ;)

Lazeek! Robert! I didnt realize you had never stepped foot on a football field... That changes every post you ever posted on a football thread. Martel is a great guy? Thats why you get on here and insult your own community? Good ol boy system at work... Basketball only, im sure you like that. Your the problem!!!! I bet you voted no to the bond issue that would have gave our baseball and softball kids a home field. Bout right...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1372282" timestamp="1360472772"]
Lazeek! Robert! I didnt realize you had never stepped foot on a football field... That changes every post you ever posted on a football thread. Martel is a great guy? Thats why you get on here and insult your own community? Good ol boy system at work... Basketball only, im sure you like that. Your the problem!!!! I bet you voted no to the bond issue that would have gave our baseball and softball kids a home field. Bout right...
[/quote]

Barry you are clueless to what I am about.  I am 100% for anything HJ.  And not only did I vote YES for the bond issue, I promoted it more than any other person on Facebook, at the open house's they had and any meetings that they had.

How did I ever insult my community???  Please repost this insults.

And yes I played football, just not at HJ.  I played in Junior High where I went to school in Oklahoma.  But I am not sure what that has to do with anything about the HJ football program.

Here is one of them.  Is the Alzheimers already kicking in?  What I find comical is how you state your opinion as fact.  I was REALLY impressed with your football credentials. Did you get a trophy or something?  With an outstanding Junior High career, I'm surprised you are not coaching football somewhere.

[quote name="jwayne" post="1372436" timestamp="1360539402"]
First off I have not bashed anyone.  I have only corrected certain people.  Listen I am not arguing that Martels record is good.  It is not.  But he is a great guy, and a great AD.  I would not be surprised if he left because he was tired of all the Monday morning QB's that give their opinion.  I have been to several HJ games and the parents in the stands are pathetic.  I guess that you think that some other guy can come in and win with the talent that HJ has?  [b]HJ has good kids, but they DO NOT have the kids to compete with the likes of Silsbee, WOS and Bridge City currently.  That is just a fact!!!!
[/b]
Here is one of them.  Is the Alzheimers already kicking in?  What I find comical is how you state your opinion as fact.  I was REALLY impressed with your football credentials. Did you get a trophy or something?  With an outstanding Junior High career, I'm surprised you are not coaching football somewhere.
[/quote] i cant argue against what is in bold print. is what it is right now.

Buddy, (can I call you Buddy) when someone calls the parents of the football players pathetic, and that we have no talent to compete, and is pompous enough to state his opinion as FACT.  That is bashing his community.  We do have the talent to compete.  I get tired of people who know nothing of our program stating we don't.  I understand why they do it though.  When you get your rear handed to you in almost every game it is easy to make that assumption.  When you see the hard work, extra work these kids put in for football only to be mis-coached it is heart breaking.  THAT IS A FACT!  If the football coaches would talk to you, you would see the frustration they had.
Then you have someone (Lazeek) who knows absolutely nothing about football to start stating his opinion as fact is laughable.  All the inside scoop he is referring to are not football coaches.  Football parents are very passionate about the sport.  Farmer Fran does not bug me.  He is a pot stirrer, but he is passionate about football and you have to respect that.  If I wanted to know what club to use on the 9th hole at Idylwild with a 6mph crosswind, Lazeek would be the first one I would ask.  When it comes to football questions, his name would not even be on my list.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn