UIL ruling on Beaumont Ozen

hipster

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1366198" timestamp="1358979398"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=108499.msg1366196#msg1366196 date=1358979212]
UIL suspends Ozen head football coach Jeff Nelson for 2 games and school is now on 3 years probation after participating in illegal workouts during school day.
[/quote] :o
[/quote]
Good grief!  Nelson may as well roll up his bedroll and go into the insurance business - or join Dove and sell cars. ::)

Really,,Come on man..Do you really believe that...Why would any nobody in there right mind put there team playoff chances at stake..I'm sure that was not the case.He took his team to practice at the place where they played..Every team does that..From West Brook,Central,PAM,,,But we have to take what they[UIL] give..We'll take coach Nelson any day...Go Big Blue Cats.....

[quote name="outanup" post="1366434" timestamp="1359051423"]
No doubt in my mind he knew better. He was turned in and got caught.......
[/quote] ::) Coach Nelson made a honest error. Give him a break. Playoffs too critical to purposely have [color=red]open[/color] practices by breaking the rules.

If this is what he/school got sanctioned for, then it's total BS.  Yes, it's a rule, but almost every playoff team in the state goes 1 day a week, during the school day, to practice at the facility they will play, especially if it's an unfamiliar place.  If people are going to start blowing the whistle on this, then the UIL better block a set of rooms in Austin for coaches, AD's and Supts. to stay because their are a number of teams that are in violation.  All this sounds like is someone with an axe to grind!!!!! Keep your head up Coach Nelson and fight through this. 

This sounds like profiling to me. I know of another local team that did something similar during a school day. Not going to name it but I think most of us know which one it is. But anyway the rule is total BS and another case of the UIL's selective enforcement.
I bet if you look, Katy and some of the other top teams in the state probably have strategically placed "inservice days" scheduled sometime during the final weeks of the playoffs haha

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin