HEMPHILL NEW AD/HEAD FOOTBALL COACH

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Uncle Si" post="1364647" timestamp="1358518134"]
I really don't care who it is they hire as long as it is someone that WANTS to be IN HEMPHILL and somebody that has staying power.  It scares the bejeezus outta me everytime I see 1A and 2A schools hire OC's from larger schools because most of the time those guys are just using the smaller school AD title to pad a resume and lots of times those guys don't make it past 2-3 years before they are taking advantage of the AD title to move up in the ranks and back to the larger paying jobs at larger schools.  There were several applicants for this job that live in or close to Hemphill with good resume's (proven coaches).  These guys already have roots in the area and good qualifications (none currently or recently on Hemphill staff). Not sure why they got passed over??  Hey, regardless of who it is this fellar is going to have an uphill climb and current admin at Hemphill is RUTHLESS if you don't fit into or follow their agenda, JACK!!!
[/quote]

Unfortunatly, that is the nature of the beast, most coaches look for career advancement.
Why settle for 50 to 60K at a 1A school when you can make 90 to 100k at the 5A level or in some cases the 4A as well.

For Hemphill to be successful, they have to let the man do his thing. Give him time to build his program, without the admins or the townspeople interference.
If the nosy nellies can do that, then they might have a coach that will stay awhile.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1364660" timestamp="1358519353"]
[quote author=Uncle Si link=topic=108320.msg1364647#msg1364647 date=1358518134]
I really don't care who it is they hire as long as it is someone that WANTS to be IN HEMPHILL and somebody that has staying power.  It scares the bejeezus outta me everytime I see 1A and 2A schools hire OC's from larger schools because most of the time those guys are just using the smaller school AD title to pad a resume and lots of times those guys don't make it past 2-3 years before they are taking advantage of the AD title to move up in the ranks and back to the larger paying jobs at larger schools.  There were several applicants for this job that live in or close to Hemphill with good resume's (proven coaches).  These guys already have roots in the area and good qualifications (none currently or recently on Hemphill staff). Not sure why they got passed over??  Hey, regardless of who it is this fellar is going to have an uphill climb and current admin at Hemphill is RUTHLESS if you don't fit into or follow their agenda, JACK!!!
[/quote]

Unfortunatly, that is the nature of the beast, most coaches look for career advancement.
Why settle for 50 to 60K at a 1A school when you can make 90 to 100k at the 5A level or in some cases the 4A as well.

For Hemphill to be successful, they have to let the man do his thing. Give him time to build his program, without the admins or the townspeople interference.
If the nosy nellies can do that, then they might have a coach that will stay awhile.
[/quote]That is correct in most cases, however there are some coaches that prefer the small town way of life for themselves and their families, they like the idea of living on or near the lakes.  There are coaches out there that want to make their permanent home in places like Hemphill.  Hey, what's not to like?  The best fishin', deer huntin', duck huntin', and squirrel huntin' there is in all in one place, Jack.  Plus there is two very nice upscale golf courses for those yuppies that want the country life!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Uncle Si" post="1364700" timestamp="1358526142"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108320.msg1364660#msg1364660 date=1358519353]
[quote author=Uncle Si link=topic=108320.msg1364647#msg1364647 date=1358518134]
[/quote]

[/quote]That is correct in most cases, however there are some coaches that prefer the small town way of life for themselves and their families, they like the idea of living on or near the lakes.  There are coaches out there that want to make their permanent home in places like Hemphill.  Hey, what's not to like?  The best fishin', deer huntin', duck huntin', and squirrel huntin' there is in all in one place, Jack.  Plus there is two very nice upscale golf courses for those yuppies that want the country life!
[/quote]

I agree 100%

Hopefully Hemphill has found that type of coach.

[quote name="puddleofmudd" post="1364736" timestamp="1358534733"]
Hemphill has found the right guy. Launius is from small town Arkansas, he's a good family man and a great offensive mind. Look for him to win and dig roots
[/quote]Hey, that sounds great, I hope you are right....  They's some good duck shootin' in Arkansas, Jack!!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="CWTS" post="1372873" timestamp="1360680584"]
Coach Launius will do a great job there.  Coog Nation was sad to see him go.
[/quote]I just hope that since Hemphill has hired that the community and parents will get behind him and give him a fightin' chance.  If (IF) he can get Justin Twine to play next year Hemphill will win some games and could surprise some folks.  Good luck Coach!!!

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1373989" timestamp="1360809344"]
[b]San Augustine[/b]?  Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think if that kid was going to move it would be somewhere with more baseball cache than football.
[/quote] DING DING DING! was thinking the same thing.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1373989" timestamp="1360809344"]
San Augustine?  Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think if that kid was going to move it would be somewhere with more baseball cache than football.
[/quote]

No he isnt coming here.  I can see him going to Central Heights.  He has committed to TCU for Baseball...I dont think he will be playing football. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox