Beaumont ISD posts opening for Central football

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think Central will get someone better? Saveat has made some awful hires
Most recently he brought in a guy who 4A Crosby no longer wanted to coach 5A West Brook and he took a perfectly good football program that had made the playoffs seven years in a row and turned it into a doormat.
Saveat has hired is nephew as Ozen basketball coach and Robert Lee as Central basketball coach both of which squander talented teams year in and year out by their inability to coach. He hired John Clayton at Ozen and Jackson at Central. He allowed Stump and Stowers to get away all though those were probably beyond his control.
Letting Washington go was the right move but they also should have done the same with the man who gave him an extra year.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1362296" timestamp="1357781425"]
What makes you think Central will get someone better? Saveat has made some awful hires
Most recently he brought in a guy who 4A Crosby no longer wanted to coach 5A West Brook and he took a perfectly good football program that had made the playoffs seven years in a row and turned it into a doormat.
Saveat has hired is nephew as Ozen basketball coach and Robert Lee as Central basketball coach both of which squander talented teams year in and year out by their inability to coach. He hired John Clayton at Ozen and Jackson at Central. He allowed Stump and Stowers to get away all though those were probably beyond his control.
Letting Washington go was the right move but they also should have done the same with the man who gave him an extra year.
[/quote]Flannigan was a great hire.. Crosby wanted him.. 7 strait playoff appearances... in fact they had a emergency board meeting which people lined up outside to voice there opinion.  Several board members lost there spots because of their disregard of what the community wanted in the last election .... It was the barrett area, really one board member(same one who made Flanigan cancel with Vidor) , that did not want him... the politics here are bad, just like many areas..

I know you think your Bruins were the best before he got there but the fact is Stump left for a reason..... his program was going down.. Talent pool not there.. in fact he had like 30 something freshman players in his program his last year at a 5A school. Now West Brook had a little over 90.  and how did Stump do where he went...3-5 in district.. 

They both will do fine just hard to change a program to your coaching philosophy
Sorry to go off  just think it is classless to take a shot at a coach that does not deserve it

Back to the subject.. IMO I am sure there will be many great coaches that will apply for the job.. but I am sure politics will play role in who is hired.. Beaumont has a history of that.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1362339" timestamp="1357821971"]
I feel Nelson was a good hire for Ozen being that he was under Stump at West Brook and has them competitive.  But Central has not faired well when they have chosen within BISD for some reason.  So in saying that I hope they pick from outside the city limits ...
[/quote] The problem with that is keeping them there. They'll have a little success and then then high tail (Suggs, Stowers). 

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1362346" timestamp="1357824316"]
I think they should look at Center's Kevin Goodwin for this job: succesful up and coming coach who has worked at the high school and college level. Has ties to the area after previously working at WO-S. And is [b]the right color for BISD![/b]
[/quote] ??? ???

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1362347" timestamp="1357824582"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=108088.msg1362346#msg1362346 date=1357824316]
I think they should look at Center's Kevin Goodwin for this job: succesful up and coming coach who has worked at the high school and college level. Has ties to the area after previously working at WO-S. And is [b]the right color for BISD![/b]
[/quote] ??? ???
[/quote]

Trying to figure out which one that might be...

[quote name="westend1" post="1362378" timestamp="1357832889"]
Let's not get into this.  We all know the conflict going on at BISD right now.  The board is a mess.
[/quote] I really could care less what's going on with the board.  I also could care less what color the coach is.  I'm sure that many others have this same thought process.  That pretty much means that Bobbymcgee's comment was uncalled  for and downright the silliest that I've seen in quite some time.

[quote name="RuffRaider" post="1362405" timestamp="1357840664"]
Serious question: Is this the first time BISD has ever removed a coach?

Could this be the start of something throughout BISD? Cuz I can think of many BISD coaches that should be removed. JMHO
[/quote] Jackson (2004 ) was removed after a 1-9 season and Than from West Brook was relieved of his duties in 2004.

[quote name="badndn" post="1362440" timestamp="1357853617"]
Biggest problem for BISD in hiring a new coach is the pay scale. BISD pays all three HC the same, so if one gets a raise they all do meaning a $10K raise amounts to $30K. Is BISD going to do that or will they change their policy?
[/quote] I completely agree.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1362349" timestamp="1357825085"]
Mr. Buddy Garrity, is Coach Eric Taylor available?  He took some nothings and turned them into winners...
[/quote] He will not be coaching for the time being.  :-X

But i did get a new shipment of mailboxes in.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1362514" timestamp="1357876625"]
[quote author=OvieDotson link=topic=108088.msg1362508#msg1362508 date=1357876167]
Rumor has it the head coaching position will go to Derrick Scott.
[/quote] i have a memory lapse: who is he?
[/quote]the only Derrick Scott I can remember played at WestBrook in the mid 90's. I think he played both ways, TE, defense I think. He later played for the Longhorns. This is the only D Scott I can recollect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder