Nederland, WO-S, PA Memorial dominate PA News Super Gold Teams

wow !! no glen roberts on this team ? hasnt he been like the most prolific rusher and scorer over the past 2 years  in setx football (correct me if im wrong)? especially when teams know he is gonna get the ball he still gets yardage . hasnt he rushed for over 4,000 plus yrds and like 80 tds in the last 2 years ? you put this guy behind katy's line he would be unstoppable imo . he remeinds me of barry sanders , i would hope with his career that he has had  at east chambers 99 total tds and probably 5,000 trds rushing  ( he gets over a 100 if he doesnt get hurt against franklin and east chambers wins imo )a school like lamar isnt recruiting this guy ? all these great players in this area lamar should field better teams and they have players that can take that program to another level , with the right coaching .

his stats rushing over the past 2 years was 4,331 with 64 tds rushing , what back over the last 2 years in the golden triangle area  that either made pa super team or beaumont super gold (which he made last year ) has these kind of numbers and both years help lead his team into the playoffs ? im just curious !

i have talked to mr west earlier this football season on some research im  doing for a project of mine, so i may ask him .  i was just wondering if the team is about the top players in the golden triangle , then surely this young man deserves to be on that team . what i have found out the only team that really  means anything as far as post season awards are concerned is when a player makes  all district , that is voted by the coaches in that district . all state , all america and all area teams are great awards , but its all about the media voting and some of those guys have never  really seen alot  of these young men play  . i have seen players make honarable mention in  district , but he is a 1st team all area player in the area where he is from . i guess its up to the person that is picking the team whom he feels deserves to be on that team ,  i know everybody cant make it .

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1359013" timestamp="1356668317"]
wow !! no glen roberts on this team ? hasnt he been like the most prolific rusher and scorer over the past 2 years  in setx football (correct me if im wrong)? especially when teams know he is gonna get the ball he still gets yardage . hasnt he rushed for over 4,000 plus yrds and like 80 tds in the last 2 years ? you put this guy behind katy's line he would be unstoppable imo . he remeinds me of barry sanders , i would hope with his career that he has had  at east chambers 99 total tds and probably 5,000 trds rushing  ( he gets over a 100 if he doesnt get hurt against franklin and east chambers wins imo )a school like lamar isnt recruiting this guy ? all these great players in this area lamar should field better teams and they have players that can take that program to another level , with the right coaching .
[/quote]

Is East Chambers in the PA News distribution area?

The paper picks their all star team from the districts in their normal area of distribution. Just like the Orange Leader team covers the districts in their area of sales.

The PA News team isn't an all southeast Texas team but like most papers, one picked from their area.

tvc are you serious ?????  as far back as 1977-1978 east chambers had a player by the name of bret mcdonald make that pa super news  team at linebacker 2 years in a row . i went to hamshire fannett and we  have had quite a few players make that team and beaumont's super gold over the years,  hamshire is right down the street from winne . tramaine thomas made super news team and was the mvp back in 07 , if im not mistaken he was the 1st 2a player to ever recieve mvp for that team. if im not mistaken he won the willie ray smith award for the best defensive player of the year his school is in winnie so the region has nothing to do with it so that argument is mute !!!  i dont think its been a back better than that young man , stats dont lie and neither does the film .

Maybe they have redrawn their distribution line to HF. Its not a GT team. If so Quirante and Sezar would have made it as well as several from BMT and Silsbee. It looks to be mainly Ned, PAM, PNG, HF, BC, WOS and OF. ?? When the team started the Newspaper was the main form of media and damn near everyone from Winnie over to Orange south of I10 got a PA News. Not the case anymore. Papers are struggling to survive and they have much smaller staffs to cover things like this.
The SETXSports.com Super Gold Team Big school and Small School!

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1359381" timestamp="1356778765"]
[b]tvc are you serious ?????.............[/b] 

[/quote]

Yes, I am serious. I merely asked a question.

I have no idea where the PA News draws their lines or where they distribute their papers now. I am not sure that what happened 35 years ago in 1978 applies.

Tvc , I actually put the 1978 statement in on purpose and you took the bait . I see you overlooked when I said tramaine Thomas who went to east chambers just a few years ago and graduated in 2008 to be exact .he was  pa news super team MVP in December of 2007 and winner of the wrs award in 2008 . My point is it has nothing to do with region , that is all I was saying . My mistake if you didn't know where the paper went , but the way you spoke seemed like you did .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86