Tony Brown named to All-USA Team

KABrother

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1358121" timestamp="1356207413"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=107660.msg1358102#msg1358102 date=1356206141]
In Dravanti Johnsons defense, he played outside. Dravanti had a great soph. and jr. season received a full ride to Texas before his senior season. Alot was expected from him his senior season.When he made a mistake people over reacted.When teams made a game plan I am sure it did not involve attacking Dravantis side.Chris Guttieres had a great season playing the middle LB position.Chris had more tackles than Dravanti in games.I saw a similar situation play out with Jordan Wood this year.He was the only unanimous defensive first team all district pick his soph. year.His junior year he was first team all district and super team member his junior year. Alot expected of him his senior season.He also played outside most of the time. Stampley had a awesome season playing a full year at middle LB position and deserved every honor he received.He had around 150 tackles and Wood had around 120.When giving out superlative awards linebackers off the same team are not a common site. Dravanti and Jordan had a hard getting the tackle totals from the outside.Just because they did not have the stats does not mean they did not play well! 
[/quote]

DJ was the 3rd best player on that defense behind Grogan and Guitierez.  I remember the Waller game when Grogan was playing out of his mind and Dravanti got all kinds of rewards and was named player of the week by multiple sites.  Grogan sacked the Qb and the ball flew up the air into DJ's stomach and he ran 25 yards for a TD.  Later Grogan stood up the QB, stripped him and ran 80 yards for a TD.  Grogan made both of those huge plays, but DJ got all of the press. 

The AP 4a defensive MVP was a joke.  There is no way the MVP should come off a team that lost 63-0 to Dayton and didn't make the playoffs.  The AP writers vote by how many stars a kid gets while the local coaches actually watch film. 

The hype is sometimes greater than the substance with major D1 recruits.
[/quote]Would you also agree  that college coaches see something in kids that fit their mold for an athlete and their college systems? You see *good* high school players all the time who are good in high school, but don't have the tools to play major college D1 ball.

[quote name="DPFAN" post="1358381" timestamp="1356294701"]
JT is older than Brown! Give the guy some credit! You people amaze me! You have No idea how college football works! smh
[/quote]

I played college ball. But since you say JT is older then Brown I'll go this route compare Browns film to Deionte Thompson the sophomore safety from WOS this year. And I can promise you his film is better then Tonys.

WOS just got a transfer from Ozen and the question was asked could Tony Brown play for WOS his response was "not in the secondary, probably rover or linebacker"

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1358511" timestamp="1356366865"]
[quote author=DPFAN link=topic=107660.msg1358381#msg1358381 date=1356294701]
JT is older than Brown! Give the guy some credit! You people amaze me! You have No idea how college football works! smh
[/quote]

I played college ball. But since you say JT is older then Brown I'll go this route compare Browns film to Deionte Thompson the sophomore safety from WOS this year. And I can promise you his film is better then Tonys.

WOS just got a transfer from Ozen and the question was asked could Tony Brown play for WOS his response was "not in the secondary, probably rover or linebacker"
[/quote]Tony Brown is an All-American db but can't beat out a sophomore in the secondary? The same kids that were roasted by Navasota? TB plays in an area where we don't have many pass heavy offenses so he's not going to get those big int numbers down here. He's pretty tall for a corner, has elite speed, and is very rangy which is excellent for batting down balls while you're out of position. Recruiting now is as much about what you do on the summer camp circut as it is on the field. Brown has a possibility to be the first five star (ESPN) I can ever remember from this region and I don't believe guys that pay their mortages by ranking and recruiting these kids are going to take a chance at ruining their reputations with a kid on a 4-7 team from Beaumont, TX. This is the type kid that Brown, Saban, and Sumlin only expect to be on campus for 3 years if he stays healthy. I've said it on several posts before, "this kid will be a millionaire by the time he's 21"

[quote name="cougar14" post="1358682" timestamp="1356560509"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=107660.msg1358511#msg1358511 date=1356366865]
[/quote]

[/quote]Tony Brown is an All-American db but can't beat out a sophomore in the secondary? The same kids that were roasted by Navasota? TB plays in an area where we don't have many pass heavy offenses so he's not going to get those big int numbers down here. He's pretty tall for a corner, has elite speed, and is very rangy which is excellent for batting down balls while you're out of position. Recruiting now is as much about what you do on the summer camp circut as it is on the field. Brown has a possibility to be the first five star (ESPN) I can ever remember from this region and I don't believe guys that pay their mortages by ranking and recruiting these kids are going to take a chance at ruining their reputations with a kid on a 4-7 team from Beaumont, TX. This is the type kid that Brown, Saban, and Sumlin only expect to be on campus for 3 years if he stays healthy. I've said it on several posts before, "this kid will be a millionaire by the time he's 21"

Have you ever seen Tony play in person? If not shut up. And stop looking at recruiting websites. And watch film. Those espn guys dnt watch these kids play games. They see them in shorts and t-shirts at one and two day camps. But anyways im not about to argue. You show me 5 plays that show me this kid is who you guys think he is.

When Earl Thomas, Deon Beasley,  Justin Thomas, Jermaine Hope, Dacarlos Renfro, Jamall Charles, James Johnson, Rober Joesph, and other top Golden Triangle athletes came out of school no one doubted them because they proved time amd time again week after week they were among the nations best. Tony Brown and Ben Wells are the only two I remember questioning. As we all saw Ben was who we (people in the golden triangle) thought he was another over-rated Beaumont kid. And yes your so called ESPN and rivals experts got it wrong by ranking him #1 in the state at corner.

Anyways im done talking about Tony he's a GREAT kid and that gets lost in the mist of all this football talk.
[/quote]

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1358511" timestamp="1356366865"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Who we gonna believe? Some kid who transfered into wos? or a guy who's dang career is to rank high school football players?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1358711" timestamp="1356571055"]
[/quote]

I played college ball. But since you say JT is older then Brown I'll go this route compare Browns film to Deionte Thompson the sophomore safely from WOS this year. And I can promise you his film is better then Tonys.

[/quote]
Who we gonna believe? Some kid who transfered into wos? or a guy who's dang career is to rank high school football players?

So Tony Brown is better then Montana??
[/quote]

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1358718" timestamp="1356575884"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107660.msg1358711#msg1358711 date=1356571055]
[/quote]

I played college ball. But since you say JT is older then Brown I'll go this route compare Browns film to Deionte Thompson the sophomore safely from WOS this year. And I can promise you his film is better then Tonys.

[/quote]

So Tony Brown is better then Montana??
[/quote]
[/quote] Clarify. are you speaking as overall football player or position, cause TB not a QB and Montana would never be a CB.

to comment some on Tony Brown....I watched him at some college camps, and finally got to see him play in a football game this year...not shooting the kid down but it was like night and day.....at the camps, he was the best kid there period! But when I saw him play in the games, I could not believe my eyes! He was going half speed, taking way too many breaks on plays, and just didn't look like the BEST CAMP kid, and I'm mainly talking about effort....my husband and I talked about that all the way home....I did hear he has outstanding grades and really that's what matters. My son is a good football player with pretty good grades, and I tell him I will take him being an OUTSTANDING STUDENT anytime over him being a good football player or any sport he participates in

But I wish Tony Brown the best, and not too many HS get to graduate in December

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1358723" timestamp="1356577569"]
to comment some on Tony Brown....I watched him at some college camps, and finally got to see him play in a football game this year...not shooting the kid down but it was like night and day.....at the camps, he was the best kid there period! But when I saw him play in the games, I could not believe my eyes! He was going half speed, taking way too many breaks on plays, and just didn't look like the BEST CAMP kid, and I'm mainly talking about effort....my husband and I talked about that all the way home....I did hear he has outstanding grades and really that's what matters. My son is a good football player with pretty good grades, and I tell him I will take him being an OUTSTANDING STUDENT anytime over him being a good football player or any sport he participates in

[/quote]

Jkb rest his case.  The kids dad helped him memorize camp drills and yes he isb the best at them. But he's not and elite football player and it shows on film and in person when watching him live. At camps he looks like a NFL guy. When I played college ball we said guys like this looked like Tarzan but played like Jane.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1358725" timestamp="1356579707"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=107660.msg1358723#msg1358723 date=1356577569]

[/quote]

Jkb rest his case.  The kids dad helped him memorize camp drills and yes he isb the best at them. But he's not and elite football player and it shows on film and in person when watching him live. At camps he looks like a NFL guy. When I played college ball we said guys like this looked like Tarzan but played like Jane.
[/quote]

Just curious... never been to a camp myself. They don't have to cover any receivers at camp? Wouldn't the scouts pick on that? I understand they almost certainly don't tackle.

Also.... where did you play college ball? You seem like you have a pretty good handle on the the elite levels...

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
The sad thing about most of these post are somewhere it got lost that he's a great student..smh...saying that TB doesnt wow you on film who really cares..the only opinion that matters is the of the ppl who want him... Why cant ppl just be happy for this kid who has to endure alot of turmoil this year. I thought the whole point was for kids to attain scholarships thru grades or be it athletic success. I believe he has done both with the grades being the most important. What are we saying here just because he doesnt blow you away on film he doesnt deserve the attention thats nonsense. Whether he got it on the field or at a camp does it matter..I hope your hearing yourselves talk ... adults should not be jealous of kid or so negative. He's still a child at the end of the day..And im almost certain that if this were your kid you wouldnt dare turn down all the pub he's receiving.

were the 3 safeties from neederland and vidor really better than tony brown at safety , or was this because those two schools represented 20-4a in the playoffs ? anyone that ever played high school football would love to be decorated like this young man especially as a jr . he is just a jr , with that said he has a whole year to come back and show the naysayers he deserved all he was awarded this year . we have all seen players decorated patches all down the sleeves , the back ,blue chip this  and super team that, but they dont even get close to doing anything on the next level . the young man has a whole nother year to be 1st team everything , imo the only team that is really truthful is all district because  the coaches in the district  see you play all the time , not journalist who may never see you play but just heard of you and seen a few highlights . i wish the youg man all the luck in the world and i will be watching to see if he is the next earl thomas 

Ok ozen fans stop being bias and taking up for tony congrats to him and all his success but you guys KNOW good and well only reason Tony is being recruited the way he is is because of one his father and the camps he's been too I'm a proud Ozen alumni but I can tell you that Tony is by far the most highly recruited player to come through Ozen with probably the least amount of skills if you take a look at his career and compared it to that of former Ozen player Ben Wells you'd see the talent level ain't even close...and since when it didn't matter what a guy does on the field? You guys never seem to amaze me sometime I'm a adamant ozen fan but I call things how I see it and tony is all hype

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1359038" timestamp="1356695068"]
[b]were the 3 safeties from neederland and vidor really better than tony brown at safety[/b] , or was this because those two schools represented 20-4a in the playoffs ? anyone that ever played high school football would love to be decorated like this young man especially as a jr . he is just a jr , with that said he has a whole year to come back and show the naysayers he deserved all he was awarded this year . we have all seen players decorated patches all down the sleeves , the back ,blue chip this  and super team that, but they dont even get close to doing anything on the next level . the young man has a whole nother year to be 1st team everything , imo the only team that is really truthful is all district because  the coaches in the district  see you play all the time , not journalist who may never see you play but just heard of you and seen a few highlights . i wish the youg man all the luck in the world and i will be watching to see if he is the next earl thomas
[/quote]
I'm not to sure about Vidor, but Kimler and arguably Seay from Ned were better then Brown THIS YEAR.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1359673" timestamp="1356840647"]
Ok ozen fans stop being bias and taking up for tony congrats to him and all his success but you guys KNOW good and well only reason Tony is being recruited the way he is is because of one his father and the camps he's been too I'm a proud Ozen alumni but I can tell you that Tony is by far the most highly recruited player to come through Ozen with probably the least amount of skills if you take a look at his career and compared it to that of former Ozen player Ben Wells you'd see the talent level ain't even close...and since when it didn't matter what a guy does on the field? You guys never seem to amaze me sometime I'm a adamant ozen fan but I call things how I see it and tony is all hype
[/quote]

Get your kids to the camps and combines......and measure yourself to the best of the best.  There's no coach, no teammate to lean or on or mess things up.  If you want to be recruited, waiting for a scout to dig you out of the trash can may not happen for you, get to scouting events early and often.  You need to be seen by as many people as you can.  The climate of recruiting is being seen and measuring your future growth and potential and this kid has all of the tools needed.  Votes by a high school coach as far as all-district is no measure of your potential to play athletics at the next level.  Can anyone even count how many all-district players will not get scholarships even to Jucos this season. 

Like it or not, this player has all of the tools to achieve at the next level.  Sounds like a lot of jealous people who are uneducated and uninformed.

[quote name="11cbhill" post="1359692" timestamp="1356841844"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107660.msg1359673#msg1359673 date=1356840647]
[/quote]

Get your kids to the camps and combines......and measure yourself to the best of the best.  There's no coach, no teammate to lean or on or mess things up.  If you want to be recruited, waiting for a scout to dig you out of the trash can may not happen for you, get to scouting events early and often.  You need to be seen by as many people as you can.  The climate of recruiting is being seen and measuring your future growth and potential and this kid has all of the tools needed.  Votes by a high school coach as far as all-district is no measure of your potential to play athletics at the next level.  Can anyone even count how many all-district players will not get scholarships even to Jucos this season. 

Like it or not, this player has all of the tools to achieve at the next level.  [b]Sounds like a lot of jealous people who are uneducated and uninformed.[/b]
[/quote]Definitely not uneducated and uninformed about college football recruiting seeing that I signed a division one football scholarship in high school & currently playing D-1 football

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1359735" timestamp="1356848218"]
[quote author=11cbhill link=topic=107660.msg1359692#msg1359692 date=1356841844]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107660.msg1359673#msg1359673 date=1356840647]
[/quote]

Like it or not, this player has all of the tools to achieve at the next level.  [b]Sounds like a lot of jealous people who are uneducated and uninformed.[/b]
[/quote]Definitely not uneducated and uninformed about college football recruiting seeing that I signed a division one football scholarship in high school & currently playing D-1 football
[/quote]
Congratulations on your football accomplishments, ozens"funniest."  Now if you would just go to class and pay attention maybe your language skills would catch up with your football skills.  Just a thought. ::)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1359776" timestamp="1356889641"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107660.msg1359735#msg1359735 date=1356848218]
[quote author=11cbhill link=topic=107660.msg1359692#msg1359692 date=1356841844]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Congratulations on your football accomplishments, ozens"funniest."  Now if you would just go to class and pay attention maybe your language skills would catch up with your football skills.  Just a thought. ::)
[/quote]Right...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder