Class 3A Associated Press All State teams

that really is inexcusable...some kid out there somewhere played an entire season and played well but falls behind this guy...AP , IMO, is influenced by the pre-season favorites of college coaches who want to make their recruits look good by calling them "all state"

how does all state selection process goes ? i know a lot of these coaches or even journalist do not  see these young men play on a weekly basis . i know it helps to make all state when you go deep into the playoffs or you have some type of phenomenal season in 10 games . a little help just curious ????

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1357005" timestamp="1355965269"]
how does all state selection process goes ? i know a lot of these coaches or even journalist do not  see these young men play on a weekly basis . i know it helps to make all state when you go deep into the playoffs or you have some type of phenomenal season in 10 games . a little help just curious ????
[/quote] IMO it seems like the same way they handle their polls during the most part of the year: piss-poor judgment/bias opinions.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1357012" timestamp="1355967075"]
This is bs no one from WOS made first or second team. Smh I cant believe this.
[/quote]

hard to believe... but when you'r loaded with talent, it's tough to stand out.... I kinda feel the same about SC linebackers not making it. They were the best I saw of all the teams we played this year, IMO.

[quote name="dayton" post="1357109" timestamp="1356013200"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=107593.msg1357012#msg1357012 date=1355967075]
This is bs no one from WOS made first or second team. Smh I cant believe this.
[/quote]

hard to believe... but when you'r loaded with talent, it's tough to stand out.... I kinda feel the same about SC linebackers not making it. They were the best I saw of all the teams we played this year, IMO.
[/quote]

Agree. But they did a bad job of selecting

Here's one thing to note regarding the selection process. Navasota had nine all state players at qb, wr, dl, lb, db, and k. Our QB was Player of the Year, Collins was first team all state at WR and DB. They had six all state players in 2011 and five of them repeated this in 2012. Every one of the Rattler starters this year were impossible to beat. That's why they finished 16-0, and #1 team in all of 3A.

Two coaches that Navasota played against this year said they thought the Rattlers were the best 3A team they have ever seen. One guy from Cedar Park said Navasota would give them a good fight. Time to get bigger, stronger and faster. Looks like the Brazos Valley may be for real with Cameron winning it all in 2A. Congrats to the Yoeman! Merry Christmas from The Rattlers who plan to reload in 2013!!!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder