NEWTON VS. CAMERON YOE BROADCAST/Yoe advances 39-22

WOSgrad

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good run for the Newton Eagles. All season long, the Eagles have been setting themselves up for a loss. The Newton coaches lost the game not the players. They were getting beat and didnt have confidence in their bench to play. you cant not continue to play your best players both ways for 4 quarters. any coach knows this especially when you have bench players that can play just as well if given the chance. All year long Newton has lead 40+ points going into the 3rd and 4th quarters and you still have your best players in the game playing both ways so it is only evident that your bench if given the chance to play wouldnt know what to do.. Football basics..  Newton did NOT make any adjustments as cameron yoe.. Well make a run for it next year.. Hopefully next year favortism want be an issue.. Utilize all your players.... Good luck

[quote name="Mr. A&M" post="1355920" timestamp="1355711410"]
Newton lost to a team that finally made them play 4 qtrs. Newton was unwilling to make any adjustments on Def. and looked like an un-prepared team on off. Newton should have won by 21 points. I feel like Newton missed a great opportunity to win state. I wish Coach Barbay was still alive !
[/quote] Hmmm! ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="lobos" post="1355928" timestamp="1355712519"]
[quote author=Mr. A&M link=topic=107464.msg1355920#msg1355920 date=1355711410]
Newton lost to a team that finally made them play 4 qtrs. Newton was unwilling to make any adjustments on Def. and looked like an un-prepared team on off. Newton should have won by 21 points. I feel like Newton missed a great opportunity to win state. I wish Coach Barbay was still alive !
[/quote] Hmmm! ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

[quote name="KB24" post="1355571" timestamp="1355614864"]
It was a good run for the Newton Eagles. All season long, the Eagles have been setting themselves up for a loss. The Newton coaches lost the game not the players. They were getting beat and didnt have confidence in their bench to play. you cant not continue to play your best players both ways for 4 quarters. any coach knows this especially when you have bench players that can play just as well if given the chance. All year long Newton has lead 40+ points going into the 3rd and 4th quarters and you still have your best players in the game playing both ways so it is only evident that your bench if given the chance to play wouldnt know what to do.. Football basics..  Newton did NOT make any adjustments as cameron yoe.. Well make a run for it next year.. Hopefully next year favor tismw want be an issue.. Utilize all your players.... Good luck
[/quote]. Little to much , weak schedule, out coached in the game.. yoe was well prepared and displine ..made great adjustments plus the kids played very good and made solid tackles.. Newton had no ideal what to do late in the game when they were trailing. .  After going down at half they never really seem to rebound..

[quote name="KB24" post="1355571" timestamp="1355614864"]wow! THis is actually hilarious!
It was a good run for the Newton Eagles. All season long, the Eagles have been setting themselves up for a loss. The Newton coaches lost the game not the players. They were getting beat and didnt have confidence in their bench to play. you cant not continue to play your best players both ways for 4 quarters. any coach knows this especially when you have bench players that can play just as well if given the chance. All year long Newton has lead 40+ points going into the 3rd and 4th quarters and you still have your best players in the game playing both ways so it is only evident that your bench if given the chance to play wouldnt know what to do.. Football basics..  Newton did NOT make any adjustments as cameron yoe.. Well make a run for it next year.. Hopefully next year favortism want be an issue.. Utilize all your players.... Good luck
[/quote]

Congrats to Newton on a great season. I was at the game and Yoe won because they made the least mistakes.
Penalties at crucial times and Yoe being fundamentaly sound and discipline were the reasons Newton lost.
The first crucial penalty for Newton came as they appeared to have a saftey and got called for facemask penalty. Then, later they have Yoe stopped inside the 5 twice and both times they have penalties. You can't give a team the caliber of Yoe's extra plays inside the 5. The fumble at the end of the 1st half didn't help either. I guess though, according to some on this site, these are all the coach's fault.
In the second half, penalties again cost Newton. Several times they would start a drive 1st and 15 or 1st and 20. The recievers also dropped some passes on some 3rd and 4th downs.
Yoe didn't have the penalties and they tackled well.
My point is there were several reasons why they lost the game. Instead for blaming the Newtion coaches why don't you just give credit to Yoe for playing a great game. This game was won by the team that made the least mistakes. Which in the playoffs, is usually the way they are decided. Newton will be back strong again next year.

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1356030" timestamp="1355757994"]
Congrats to Newton on a great season. I was at the game and Yoe won because they made the least mistakes.
Penalties at crucial times and Yoe being fundamentaly sound and discipline were the reasons Newton lost.
The first crucial penalty for Newton came as they appeared to have a saftey and got called for facemask penalty. Then, later they have Yoe stopped inside the 5 twice and both times they have penalties. You can't give a team the caliber of Yoe's extra plays inside the 5. The fumble at the end of the 1st half didn't help either. I guess though, according to some on this site, these are all the coach's fault.
In the second half, penalties again cost Newton. Several times they would start a drive 1st and 15 or 1st and 20. The recievers also dropped some passes on some 3rd and 4th downs.
My point is there were several reasons why they lost the game. Instead for blaming the Newtion coaches why don't you just give credit to Yoe for playing a great game. This game was won by the team that made the least mistakes. Which in the playoffs, is usually the way they are decided.  Newton will be back strong again next year.
[/quote]. Rick Rhoades coached a great game and had toe ready to play..  there's your credit

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1356041" timestamp="1355759749"]
[quote author=Titletown2 link=topic=107464.msg1356030#msg1356030 date=1355757994]
My point is there were several reasons why they lost the game. Instead for blaming the Newtion coaches why don't you just give credit to Yoe for playing a great game. This game was won by the team that made the least mistakes. Which in the playoffs, is usually the way they are decided.  Newton will be back strong again next year.
[/quote]. Rick Rhoades coached a great game and had toe ready to play..  [b]there's your credit[/b][/quote]
????

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1356030" timestamp="1355757994"]
My point is there were several reasons why they lost the game. Instead for blaming the Newtion coaches why don't you just give credit to Yoe for playing a great game. This game was won by the team that made the least mistakes. Which in the playoffs, is usually the way they are decided. Newton will be back strong again next year.
[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself. We just beat ourselves with all those mistakes.

[quote name="Mr. A&M" post="1355920" timestamp="1355711410"]
[/quote] I agree partially. They were ok on Offense, until they went for it on 4th down that was too far to make, the fumble in which cost them the lead before the Half. On defense they were doing fine until the Half. i dont know what went on in the locker room but it didnt seem like they were that excited to play in the 2nd half. no adjustments were made for the Secondary. Add in Yoe was a great team and made the necessary adjustments at Halftime & boom: They won.

BTW, that Nose Guard for YOE was having absolutely none of that Newton running up the middle stuff, that kid was a beast!

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1356206" timestamp="1355790621"]
[quote author=Mr. A&M link=topic=107464.msg1355920#msg1355920 date=1355711410]
[/quote] I agree partially. They were ok on Offense, until they went for it on 4th down that was too far to make, the fumble in which cost them the lead before the Half. On defense they were doing fine until the Half. i dont know what went on in the locker room but it didnt seem like they were that excited to play in the 2nd half. no adjustments were made for the Secondary. Add in Yoe was a great team and made the necessary adjustments at Halftime & boom: They won.

BTW, that Nose Guard for YOE was having absolutely none of that Newton running up the middle stuff, that kid was a beast!
[/quote]
I did not see the game.  But, in trying to get a feel for what was happening, it certainly seems to have been a game of two completely different halves.  Newton seems to pretty much have had its way in the first half.  And somehow the whole momentum changed in the second half.  Yoe made adjustments and Newton did not?  I don't know - but if you[u][b] ever[/b][/u] underestimate Yoe, you have made a big mistake.  Perhaps that was the team mindset for Newton at half time - big lead, we have them where we want them, etc, etc.  Again, I don't know.  It's over now and I'm disappointed for Newton.  I believe that they were the best team.  Sometimes stuff happens.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin