Can anyone beat Newton?

Guest scatright

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scatright
It's amazing to see the scores they are rolling up this late into the playoffs.  I'm hoping Newton, WOS, and Nederland all represent SETX at Jerry World in a few weeks!

To win state you have  to be good and have a little luck to go with it. All the teams left in the playoffs are good now. I remember when Kville was playing, I think Muleshoe, and things were going Kvilles way when they fumbled a punt and things turned for them. I think Kville had a team capable of winning state but luck was not on their side. Just hope the breaks go our way the remaining games.
It was good to see coach Alvaraz and coach Hill at the Grandview game.

Hope the Newton fans don't get the big head and start thinking we are unbeatable.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1347536" timestamp="1354448023"]
To win state you have  to be good and have a little luck to go with it. All the teams left in the playoffs are good now. I remember when Kville was playing, I think Muleshoe, and things were going Kvilles way when they fumbled a punt and things turned for them. I think Kville had a team capable of winning state but luck was not on their side. Just hope the breaks go our way the remaining games.
It was good to see coach Alvaraz and coach Hill at the Grandview game.

[color=red][b]Hope the Newton fans don't get the big head and start thinking we are unbeatable.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

If anybody has too, I would rather it be the fans than the team. Neither should because you are absolutely correct. Anything can happen at anytime. Boyd in 2004 showed Newton what can happen. A little small QB that ran off tackle all day and took the trophy home. Luck, bounce of the ball, flags at critical times, injuries, mind set. There are a lot of intangibles that can swing a game one way or the other. WT makes it clear that Texas is a big state and just because you know something about your little part, don't mean you know everything about the whole thing. Sickness worked through the team last week and I think it showed on the defense as they were on the field a lot and fatigue set in during the second half. Grandview got to the line of scrimmage quickly and ran plays quickly which did not give the D any time to catch a breath. Long downfield pass routes were used with numerous receivers that you have to cover even if they don't catch the ball. Fatigue equates to sloppy play. One sloppy play and a TD becomes the result. Could change everything at a critical time.

Guest scatright
I said I hope.  I feel like there is a great chance they all could be there. WOS would shock the world with a win vs Navasota.  Nederland and Newton are well on their way.

[quote name="cowboysfan4life" post="1348839" timestamp="1354631667"]
Cameron will test the eagles like they havn't been tested.  Both teams must get past Halletsville and Franklin respectively.  Hopefully in 1 more week, we can let them settle it on the field.  And I hope it's somewhere in the Huntsville area!!
[/quote]

I would love to see Cameron vs Newton at Bowers Stadium in Huntsvegas!!!

[quote name="AnyGivenFriday" post="1349182" timestamp="1354658361"]
Newton is just lucky that they never had displeasure of being stomped by the Deweyville Pirates this year!  >:(
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D Here we go again.  8)

[quote name="AnyGivenFriday" post="1349182" timestamp="1354658361"]
Newton is just lucky that they never had displeasure of being stomped by the Deweyville Pirates this year!  >:(
[/quote]

Good grief in Hanna!  You're just taking up space - get
REAL or get OFF. ::)

Guest AnyGivenFriday
[quote name="usedtobe" post="1349260" timestamp="1354663083"]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=107016.msg1349182#msg1349182 date=1354658361]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you forget what the topic name of this thread is? Deweyville can smoke Newton on ANY GIVEN FRIDAY, son. Looks like you're the one who needs a reality check. Lucky for you Deweyville didn't get the opportunity to deliver it to you this year.

[quote name="AnyGivenFriday" post="1349300" timestamp="1354666802"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=107016.msg1349260#msg1349260 date=1354663083]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=107016.msg1349182#msg1349182 date=1354658361]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you forget what the topic name of this thread is? Deweyville can smoke Newton on ANY GIVEN FRIDAY, son. Looks like you're the one who needs a reality check. Lucky for you Deweyville didn't get the opportunity to deliver it to you this year.
[/quote]

At least he's funny. And optimistic! As a realist I don't think he knows what universe he's in, but at least he's funny.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin