Dawson Coach Eric Wells post game comment:

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan
[i]"As long as I've been coaching, this is the toughest one because [size=14pt]I think we're better than this team we played tonight[/size]," Wells said. "[size=14pt]I don't think the better team won.[/size]"[/i]

What a piece of work!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1346308" timestamp="1354342696"]
[i]"As long as I've been coaching, this is the toughest one because [size=14pt]I think we're better than this team we played tonight[/size]," Wells said. "[size=14pt]I don't think the better team won.[/size]"[/i]

What a piece of work!
[/quote]

Yeah, he is a piece of something!

wouldn't it stand to reason that tonight we were the better team seeing as how we won??  Howfunny.....and what a very classy comment coming from a HC.  Maybe the poor man needs some R & R...that had to be embarassing for him...oh....and maybe he needs to teach his players to avoid penalties...that may help in his future endeavors to beat teams that his is better than!!  ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="dogbite" post="1346324" timestamp="1354343149"]
Can you say crybaby?  No wonder his team is so disrespectful, arrogant, dirty, and disgusting to watch.
[/quote]

AMEN TO THAT!

I always laugh when coaches say things like this. I mean come on it's [b]football[/b], your a [b]fooball[/b] coach, don't you understand the "better" more talented team does not always win. Can't just show up and get the win coach, that's why they play the game.

In my opinion the better, more well coached team did win tonight, and the overrated team took a whipping.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="griff" post="1346327" timestamp="1354343247"]
Wow...that kind of comment is not one you expect to hear from a high school coach.
[/quote]

Agreed. Saying it to an individual is one thing, but he said this to the Houston Chronicle.  What a POS. ("stuff", LOL)

The coach is just a we but upset!! YOU THINK??!! He just mad because his team got a good ole fashion butt whipping esspecially in the first half of that game I must say. All right in front of what seemed to be the entire city of Nederland along with my cousin, my son all hailing from Jaguarland. We thought it was pretty sad the players behaved in the manner.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1346335" timestamp="1354343435"]
Don't we play the games to see who is the best?
[/quote]
I agree! That's why the AP stops the rankings come playoff time.. What a joke.. He knows he almost got handed the game and then makes this comment.. Enjoy your tv at home!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder