20-4A

Titan4

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1362887" timestamp="1358017539"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=106615.msg1347679#msg1347679 date=1354475034]

1. PNG - Solid team, all around hitting, solid pitching, if holes filled with right personnel defensively, see them on top, until we see how those positions were replaced, PNG is the wildcard to win district IMO. 
2. Vidor - Good pitching, solid defense, very easily could be district favorites, if missteps are made by PNG and NED.
3. NED - Great return with Duplant, however, Ned bats couldn't get it done for Brown last year.  Lack of offense is Nederland's achilles heel.  IF we can find some bats (graduated solid hitters) and string offense together, could easily win district with the amount of pitching on team. Defense needs to be more solid, errors were killers last season. Doesn't matter how great of pitching you have, if you can't field a ball.
4. Ozen/LCM  - Never count out LCM and Ozen has risen in its ability to play baseball in 20 4A. 

Really, I think it could be a toss up, it'll be interesting to see who wants it the most.
[/quote]

1. PNG
2. Vidor
3. LCM
4. Ozen/Livingston
[/quote]

Hmmm.......

1. Vidor
2.lcm
3.ned
4.png

I have a cuzn in Vidor he is real good, his sister lives in nederland with my uncle and his mooma is from lcm, but the dad is from png whos brother cuzins kid can hit good. its areal toss upthis season for me. but my brother thanks Vidor or Png will take it. a course lumb can swing it you really just dont know,heck ozen might beat um all. either way dont really matter. its just high school baseball, nobody really gives a hoot.

[quote name="90+" post="1363086" timestamp="1358052195"]
1. Vidor
2.lcm
3.ned
4.png

I have a cuzn in Vidor he is real good, his sister lives in nederland with my uncle and his mooma is from lcm, but the dad is from png whos brother cuzins kid can hit good. its areal toss upthis season for me. but my brother thanks Vidor or Png will take it. a course lumb can swing it you really just dont know,heck ozen might beat um all. either way dont really matter. its just high school baseball, nobody really gives a hoot.
[/quote]

You would be surprised about how many, "give a hoot".

1. (a) PNG - With Ashworth on the mound the Indians will be as difficult a team to beat as any, as he is a sure-fire D-1 player and among the top 3 pitchers in the district. What puts the Purple & White on the top of the list for me is I believe they will avoid the major mishaps unlike the recent past and will take care of the games they should win.

1. (b) Vidor - With arguably the best 1-2 punch on the bump with Smith and Foshee (both are big kids and 88+ no exaggeration necessary), Vidor should be able to limit opponents offensive production from start to finish. However, their inability to score runs over the past several years has prevented them from taking the next step by winning a district title and advancing past the first round of the playoffs. In my opinion, if the pitching lives up to expectations this team will be the last one standing of all the 20-4A teams in 2013.

1. (c) Nederland - Not considering in the fact that he missed all of last year and I'm simply out of the loop on his personal situation over the past year (I don't need to be), Duplant is the best individual talent in the district and possibly the entire area. If he can regain his 2011 athletic performance and can be supported by a Bulldog team and community that has produced better results than any 20-4A team over the past 5 years, a very strong season is in store for Big Ned.

1. (d) LCM - Never, ever, underestimate the Battlin' Bears Baseball team. With several returning starters including Swan, Humphrey, and Richards, the best coach in SETX - S. Griff - will find a way to compete for the district title as he always does.

Others:
Ozen has one of the best starting pitchers (probably the first or second best LHP) in Chambers and Crawford is among the best defensive outfileders in SETX. They probably will fall short of the postseason but will surely give every team a run for their money and with Chambers on the mound for every-other-game I predict he notches wins against at least three of the top four teams this season.

Lumberton has built from the ground up over the past two seasons by sticking with young players at the varsity level. Most of those players are now juniors and seniors and hungry to get the terrible taste of a rough 2012 season out of their mouth. If they can get consistency from White and Cambell on the mound and their new Head Coach can help them find some offense (they were the second lowest scoring team last year) this team will shock some teams and may find themselves in the mix come the last few games of district play.

When Livingston has Lantrip on the mound they will be a force to be reckoned with. But frankly, I just dont have much information about them.

Central.. I'm rooting for you guys!

UTfan- Sounds like you know a little-bit about 4a. I concurr with Vidor going the distance in 20-4a. I Know the Pirates are working hard, getting better on offense, good pitching, always beats good hitting, hopefully the other pitching is not so good.

1 Vidor-DEEEEEEP, Scrapy, Chip on thier shoulder. Johnboy will lead this group to the district title.
2PNG- Scrapy
3LCM-Offense, as always.
4Lumb- These guys are going to suprise you, Johnathan Smith, a Jr. pitcher, can sling it also. Ryan Erickerson, all around stud, Chance Koch, the best defensive catcher in the district, Joe Hancock, can hit, field, pitch, Utility Hero. Campbell, White. I would take the odds on this one.

1. Vidor- too much pitching to not be the best staff in 20-4A Smith and Foshee similar pitchers with alot of velocity, good bats also if they can hit good enough.. I can't seeing anybody beating vidor. Sciarrilo is also a good player will be the catcher
2. Nederland- everybody but brown coming back nevala and Sanderson the 1&2 good pitchers and enough bats to get the job done
3. Lumberton- young team with a bunch of talent Erickson can hit well white and Campbell the 2 best on the bump depending on their command they can be dominant, Koch is also the best defensive catcher probably in the district. Should have a really good team come 2014
4. LCM- Humphrey and Swan the 2 best on this team and the 1&2 on the mound both can run it up there a bit lost a lot of talent last year but have a great coach,

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1365440" timestamp="1358737321"]
Will be a real dog fight for the 1 and 2 spot for Nederland.Lots of quality to choose from.Sanderson,Raines,Stampley,Nevala,White,[b]Weisbrod[/b] and Ramoin.Will be interesting to see who rises to the top.20-4a will be fun to watch.
[/quote]

Scapegoat........Weisbrod playing?

Vidor is 1 on my list. The pitching staff is the best around with e.foshe and j.smith. Also a group of solid hitters in the lineup including j.Smith j. Stephenson n. Foshe and d. Croft. The outfeild is wide open after losing Cooper but from what I hear Stephenson will probably be playing centr, after playing catcher his freshman yr and 2B last year as a soph. Croft, fregia, and Jared Taylor will decide the position of the infeild other then 1B who will either be n.foshe or e.foshe.

[quote name="Titan4" post="1347161" timestamp="1354406889"]
PNG will have Logan Ashmore and Lance Ledew(sp) as their starters both are juniors. They are both good thier catcher will be thier best hitter but I feel they have too many holes to fill to finish too high in the district.

I know i picked lcm to win the district earlier but i will say that Vidor will be tough too handle this year. We lost Peno on the bump, but we have Smith and E. Foshe coming back, they should be the one, two with Fregia,Croft, and N. Foshe filling in. Depending on our bats, wich should be much improved over last year, we should be tough to beat. COME ON JAN. 25TH HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!
[/quote]

Titan, check your personal messages.
Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
1. LC-M - Good 1, 2 punch with Humphrey and Swan. Seems like they can flat out hit every year...

2.Vidor - STACKED with pitching (Foshee X2, Schrilla, Smith, Fregia) , if the offense can produce runs, should be dominant

3.Ned - deep rotation fronted by Sanderson and Nevala and should have solid bats...

4. Lumberton - This team has had a ton of potential the last three years. I think the new coach was what they needed to get the program together. Rotation led by White, Campbell, and Erikson, these guys could sneak in.

Ozen will probably surprise a few teams with their addition of some up & coming young talent to help feel some holes. It's possible for them to even sneak in the playoffs this season with some steady play but will difinetly battle! Their future will be very bright in 20-4a as some very talented freshman and incoming freshman next year will bolster their lineups with speed, skills and lots of true baseball experience! Central seems as well to experience a rise in their overall play as their schools will begin to be saturated with athelets who take baseball seriously as their primary sport! JMO

And where will this TALENT that is going to saturate Ozen and Central for baseball coming from. Have they been recruiting. Not saying they can't have some solid teams every now and then but I figured that with all the talent they have in Football and Basketball that Baseball takes a back seat to what athelete's play.

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1371409" timestamp="1360333604"]
Central has a new coach. They have a long way to go but you should see a lot of improvement this year from the Jags. Tough going though, playing in probably the toughest 4A district in the state. I'm rootin' for them, though.
[/quote]

Toughest?  IMO, 18-4A has proven to be the toughest.  20-4 is very competitive though.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1374447" timestamp="1360900035"]
[quote author=Titletown2 link=topic=106615.msg1371409#msg1371409 date=1360333604]
Central has a new coach. They have a long way to go but you should see a lot of improvement this year from the Jags. Tough going though, playing in probably the toughest 4A district in the state. I'm rootin' for them, though.
[/quote]

Toughest?  IMO, 18-4A has proven to be the toughest.  20-4 is very competitive though.
[/quote]

This is the way I see it for toughest Region 3 4a baseball districts IMO

1. 18-4a
2. 24-4a
3. 19-4a and 20-4a
4. 23-4a

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1374698" timestamp="1360963592"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=106615.msg1374447#msg1374447 date=1360900035]
[quote author=Titletown2 link=topic=106615.msg1371409#msg1371409 date=1360333604]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the way I see it for toughest Region 3 4a baseball districts IMO

1. 18-4a
2. 24-4a
3. 19-4a and 20-4a
4. 23-4a
[/quote]

I agree.  I think 19-4A and 24-4A are close though.

[quote name="Coach85" post="1374258" timestamp="1360873921"]
And where will this TALENT that is going to saturate Ozen and Central for baseball coming from. Have they been recruiting. Not saying they can't have some solid teams every now and then but I figured that with all the talent they have in Football and Basketball that Baseball takes a back seat to what athelete's play.
[/quote]

No disrespect Coach85 but the talent has always been their, getting multi-talented athletes to commit to baseball has been very challenging! Sports such as football & basketball has been more appealing to most kids because its fast pace, baseball is slower and you have to put alot of time into being detailed! It appears boreing to most kids because you have to do many of the same drills daily and sometimes you are standing in an outfield or infield waiting for your one moment to participate! Imagine some of the most talented athletes concentrating on the sport of baseball, developing hand and eye coordination year-round! Their are some kids who are beginning to understand the overwhelming opportunities that this sport provides if they focused more on developing their knowledge & skill of the game! Many of the best baseball players at schools such as Central & Ozen never touch a baseball again after their 7th grade year, this is why these schools struggle developing solid programs! Not to mention the cost of joining a travel team or the equipment cost that some can't afford to continue their development! Also schools such as Nederland, Port Neches, LCM & Vidor have more than one Coach with experienced assistants and strong Little League feeder programs which assures solid baseball programs year-in and year-out! Hopefully BISD can help their baseball programs grow by addressing this!

• 1 month later...
just wanted to revisit this post after the first half..

Nederland
Lumberton
png
lcm
vidor
Livingston
central
ozen

it looks like Lumberton and vidor are the surprise teams in the first half..will Lumberton be able to maintain the magic and continue to stay  at or near the top....can vidor, which has a lot of talent turn some of those close games into w's..like to hear your thoughts on the first half, and second half that begins tomorrow..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu