#4 Hardin-Jefferson vs. #3 Nederland update thread/ HJ wins 73-58

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HJ is putting another very good team on the floor as usual.  As an oponent you would definitely hope that hitting 10 3's in the first half isn't a regular accomplishment.  They are a little more than 2 good players as has been stated but one of their limitations appears to be depth.  It looked like they only played about 7 players for any significant time.  I know another one or two played a little but not much.  Hitting all those threes in the first half put Nederland behind the eight ball.  Their deliberate style of play isn't suited very well for quick scoring runs.  They will be fine they got beat by a team who played much better than they did tonight.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1337625" timestamp="1353380949"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=106552.msg1337607#msg1337607 date=1353379825]
Guys, it looks like once again Silsbee and HJ will be the bread & butter of SETX! Can't wait till district. Good luck Hawks!
[/quote] After the 2nd or 3rd game of the season, we come to the conclusion that Silsbee and H-J are the bread and butter of southeast Texas?  Yea, whatever.  You really don't even have much respect or credibility with your fellow tiger fans, let alone anyone else.
[/quote]

Its way too early to make any evaluations.  Things might be very different by playoff time.  I remember in, ( I think it was about 4 years ago) that HJ started out 1-2 and the doomsdayers were everywhere and they wound up in Austin.  Lots of basketball to be played between now and playoff time

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1337700" timestamp="1353386518"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106552.msg1337625#msg1337625 date=1353380949]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=106552.msg1337607#msg1337607 date=1353379825]
Guys, it looks like once again Silsbee and HJ will be the bread & butter of SETX! Can't wait till district. Good luck Hawks!
[/quote] After the 2nd or 3rd game of the season, we come to the conclusion that Silsbee and H-J are the bread and butter of southeast Texas?  Yea, whatever.  You really don't even have much respect or credibility with your fellow tiger fans, let alone anyone else.
[/quote]

Its way too early to make any evaluations.  Things might be very different by playoff time.  I remember in, ( I think it was about 4 years ago) that HJ started out 1-2 and the doomsdayers were everywhere and they wound up in Austin.  Lots of basketball to be played between now and playoff time
[/quote]Wait a minute Nash! This isn't what ................oh nevamind. ;D

[quote name="stigers12" post="1337699" timestamp="1353386501"]
Wow, wasn't expecting that big of a win! If HJ lacks depth, they better hope those 7 who play the majority of the minutes are in REAL GOOD SHAPE come time for the Silsbee matchup! Good win HJ.
[/quote]

Two HJ players didnt play tonite because of the flu.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1337710" timestamp="1353387969"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=106552.msg1337699#msg1337699 date=1353386501]
Wow, wasn't expecting that big of a win! If HJ lacks depth, they better hope those 7 who play the majority of the minutes are in REAL GOOD SHAPE come time for the Silsbee matchup! Good win HJ.
[/quote]

Two HJ players didnt play tonite because of the flu.
[/quote]

One because of the flu, and one for having a bad back.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1337613" timestamp="1353380108"]
[quote author=setxslam link=topic=106552.msg1337612#msg1337612 date=1353379972]
Nice convincing win in the Dog Pound for the High-Flying HJ Hawks.
[/quote]No doubt. We have lots of work to do. Fortunately this game has no meaning but bragging rights. Shooting 5/22 from 3 land wont win many games for you, especially when the opposing team makes 10 in the 1sf half alone!
[/quote]

HJ was 9 for 14 from three point range in the first half.  The bad news is that they didnt make a single three in the second half.  The good news is they maintained ( or slightly improved ) the margin between end of first half and end of game.  In my humble opinion, Zach English turned down some shots that he shouldn't have in that game.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1337708" timestamp="1353387748"]
I'm really looking forward to Friday. I hate that I had to work tonight. I know central will be ready to pay us back for last year.  ;D
[/quote]

Sure missed you tonight, but I was blessed to speak with DaDove for about 3 minutes!!!!

i was expecting a better game.

Yeah Zach English was not very assertive.....Nederland had oppurtunities to score off of breaking HJ's press but didn't.  Nederland was in bonus for most of the 1st half, (time to get aggressive) take it to the rack but didn't settled for 3s in which they didn't make many.  .

I know ned is missing a few football players, but they re not starters i know its only one game ive seenof Nederland this year but NED is not worthy of a state ranking IMO.

Central and Ozen will more than likely be the front runners this year.

Great Job HJ.

HJ teams in the past would normally beat Nederland by there press, last night Nederland had no problem breaking the press. Nederland needs to get more aggressive once they break the press and go get some layups.  Last night HJ team shot lights out.  I would like to know what there shooting percentage was. This game wasnt about turnovers, it was about a hot shooting HJ team vs a bad shooting night for Nederland. Nederland had plenty of scoring chances they just couldnt get anything to fall. Keep your heads up, these kind of games happen from time to time.

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1337768" timestamp="1353417961"]
HJ teams in the past would normally beat Nederland by there press, last night Nederland had no problem breaking the press. Nederland needs to get more aggressive once they break the press and go get some layups.  Last night HJ team shot lights out.  I would like to know what there shooting percentage was. This game wasnt about turnovers, it was about a hot shooting HJ team vs a bad shooting night for Nederland. Nederland had plenty of scoring chances they just couldnt get anything to fall. Keep your heads up, these kind of games happen from time to time.
[/quote]
Pretty much sums up what i said after they beat Kountze lol

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1337783" timestamp="1353420603"]
Nederland will be okay. HJ was hot last night and Nederland wasn't. Good to lose now and work the kinks out before district. HJ and Silsbee as predicted will own their district again.
[/quote]

I agree, this Nederland team want have too many poor shooting nights as they did last night. I think someone said 3-22 on three's. NOT GOOD............

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1337768" timestamp="1353417961"]
[/quote]

Nederland didnt get opportunities to get layups because they broke the press by walking the ball up the court with frequent reversals in order to make sure they did not turn it over.  Once they got to half court, it was still five against five and there were not many layup opportunities

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1337845" timestamp="1353426079"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=106552.msg1337768#msg1337768 date=1353417961]
[/quote]

Nederland didnt get opportunities to get layups because they broke the press by walking the ball up the court with frequent reversals in order to make sure they did not turn it over.  Once they got to half court, it was still five against five and there were not many layup opportunities
[/quote] ??? ???  Oh I get it now. In other words Nash, HJ was just quicker than Nedreland last night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw