monknuk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tam0003" post="1335897" timestamp="1353217190"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=106415.msg1335746#msg1335746 date=1353211424]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106415.msg1335063#msg1335063 date=1353184521]
speveto you got a problem with (ME) so you can message me and not tell everyone on here i hurt your feelings  can you dig it you are the only person that trys to start crap with diffrent people on here you have already been kick off this once would you like to try  to get banned agan
[/quote]

Being the superstitious type, I prefer Skipper not to change until after the playoffs..he has been doing something right as we are undefeated.

We should beat West Columbia if we play to our capabilities...our run defense is great..the kids will do alright. As far as Chris Smith, yes I also heard he will be eligible to play this week. These kids are all business I don't think they will overlook anyone this year. Go Stangs. Saying right here, right now...Navasota won't be in the region final IMO.
[/quote]

His name is Chris James and its not a definate if he will be able to play in this game either.
[/quote]

In fact, what I'm hearing is it's almost a certainty he WILL NOT play this week.

[quote name="tam0003" post="1335893" timestamp="1353216940"]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=106415.msg1335152#msg1335152 date=1353187814]
[quote author=tam0003 link=topic=106415.msg1334886#msg1334886 date=1353177009]
Skipper have you even seen WC play this year or are you strictly going off of stats. Every game you come on here saying what other teams have like you've actually seen them play. It's starting to be annoying to see you acting like you are terrified of every team we play and you are looking at stats. Cleveland's QB threw for nearly 3000 yards this year, did those stats help him last night? He could barely get off a pass. You have to look at their level of competition as well. No predominately run team will beat Wos. They will have to pass and run equally well to have a chance. WC doesn't have that and won't challenge Wos.
[/quote]

COldspring beat yall last year and they ran all over yall all game long!!! Watch what you say
[/quote]

Who's talking about last year? I'm talking about this years defense. They are better this year, particularly against the run.
[/quote]I will bet my "PURPLE PICK-UP TRUCK" that Coldspring will not make it to the 4th. game this year.

I stole this from another board, but it represents my sentiments regarding some of the comments made here toward Skip. This guy said it better than I could have...

"No matter how good you are, or think you are, you can never take winning for granted. Witness tonight - Baylor, the first team with a losing record at the time of the game to take out a #1 teams in NCAA history. The same Baylor that we all know has NO DEFENSE.

Stanford holds Oregon to only 14 points and wins in overtime 17-14. This is the Oregon that has dominated the west coast teams and put up a lot of points all year.

My real message to the Navasota's, Stephenville's, West Orange Stark's, Carthage's, LaMarque's and all the other teams still in the playoffs---A true champion plays every down of every game like they are the underdog. It is alright to be confident if you back it up with the way you play. Being cocky is believing that you can't be beat. There are a lot of teams that have players with special skills, but only a few that get the most out of every player on the team. Practice with pride, play with pride, but win or lose with class."

...and to add to it... We as WOS fans have witnessed our own "Baylor vs K-States":

1990 #1 WO-S (10-0) loses to CE King (4-6) in the first round

1998 #1 WO-S (10-0) loses to Silsbee (6-4) in the first round. A team we had shut out earlier in the season.

Everybody has their own opinions, but respect should never be confused with a lack of confidence... Those who think it is don't really understand one or the other... JMO

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1336023" timestamp="1353250508"]
I stole this from another board, but it represents my sentiments regarding some of the comments made here toward Skip. This guy said it better than I could have...

"No matter how good you are, or think you are, you can never take winning for granted. Witness tonight - Baylor, the first team with a losing record at the time of the game to take out a #1 teams in NCAA history. The same Baylor that we all know has NO DEFENSE.

Stanford holds Oregon to only 14 points and wins in overtime 17-14. This is the Oregon that has dominated the west coast teams and put up a lot of points all year.

Very well said!

My real message to the Navasota's, Stephenville's, West Orange Stark's, Carthage's, LaMarque's and all the other teams still in the playoffs---A true champion plays every down of every game like they are the underdog. It is alright to be confident if you back it up with the way you play. Being cocky is believing that you can't be beat. There are a lot of teams that have players with special skills, but only a few that get the most out of every player on the team. Practice with pride, play with pride, but win or lose with class."

...and to add to it... We as WOS fans have witnessed our own "Baylor vs K-States":

1998 #1 WO-S (10-0) loses to Silsbee (6-4) in the first round. A team we had shut out earlier in the season.

Everybody has their own opinions, but respect should never be confused with a lack of confidence... Those who think it is don't really understand one or the other... JMO
[/quote]

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1336023" timestamp="1353250508"]

[/quote]This is a "KUMBAYA MOMENT!!!!!

I haven't gotten a chance to see Columbia play this year, but on paper, I don't think that they will be able to stay with the Mustangs.

Columbia has won the games that they should have.  Reading comments from another site, some from Columbia have suggested that the loss against La Marque was not an indication of how close the game actually was. 

With that said, there is nothing close about a 40+ point loss.  WOS has been consistently GOOD all year.  I don't see that changing this week if the Mustangs continue to do what they have done all year.  Columbia knows how to win after getting to the semifinals in 2010 and 2011 so I expect the Roughnecks to throw everything they have a WOS.

WOS wins.

the west orange stark mustangs football team this year is a very gifted team thay my not be the biggest team in 3a are the fastest but thay find ways to win football games and coach thompson and his coaching staff have done a outstanding job with the kids to get them ready for who every thay play no matter if is a team that has a 10-0 record are just a so so team becouse we all know what can happen if you come out and take any team for granted on a friday night you could lose your pants lol. in1990 and 1988 coach thompson was on the sidelines with coach hooks and i do belive thompson can tell his kids the story on what happned  .being #1 dose not mean your the best just look what happned in 1990&1988

Lets be clear. These threads are merely the opinions of fans. Some fans are respectful. Some are disrespectful. However, I do not believe that any of the coaches share the same sentiments of most of the people who post their opinions. With that being said, fans are fans. ALL fans look for statistics and facts to support why they feel their team will win. That's what fans do. At the end of the day, these posts about respect or lack thereof, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Good post, Gas. 

Let's not forget another...and MORE RECENT "Baylor vs. K-State" moment at WO-S. 

It was just two years ago we lost to Brookshire Royal...the same BR that we manhandled the two previous years.  We had no business losing to that one-man team with no discipline.  Some of our current varsity players were on that squad and should still have a rotten taste in their mouths about that one. 

If the 'Stangs can continue to bring the same intensity and focus for four quarters as they did against Cleveland, they will win Friday and beyond.  I like how our boys are playing with a chip on their shoulder. 

Gasilla is absolutely right on with his point...  Any of us that have been around sports for a long time can think of many teams and sports figures that pulled off the "unthinkable" or the "major upset".  You go into a game thinking you got it in the bag, and you will be airing up basketballs much quicker than you had hoped.  WO-S had had some losses that, to this day, I just try to not ponder on.  Correction on the first one Gas mentions '89 game vs. C.E. King in the tormenting rain at Rice University.  It was just an upset in major proportions.  In '98, WO-S held Silsbee to -17 yards offense and one first down (courtesy Kelton Traylor, ha).  Then in the first round at Port Arthur's Memorial Stadium,  we lost.  It happens.  Every year in the Texas Schoolboy Playoffs, someone loses in the first round that shouldn't.  I refuse to get on a message board and declare victory.  I declare to work your rear off, prepare as if there is no tomorrow, or you COULD be sitting in a recliner years later, or driving back late at night wondering "what if"...  This you can write down - Cornel Thompson will have his full focus on West Columbia.  That's how he rolls.  He won't even talk about "next week" as a rule of thumb.  He just doesn't click that way.  This talk of Navasota and Cowboy Stadium  is  STUPID fellas (and ladies).  Better strap it on and get ready for your opponent you are about to lineup against or you will be talking YMBL etc...  Gasilla, I'll guarantee, is in full agreement as his posts always state.  He knows what he is saying...  Mustangs - this week it's West Columbia and you better quit talking about anyone else....

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1336014" timestamp="1353249929"]
[quote author=tam0003 link=topic=106415.msg1335897#msg1335897 date=1353217190]
speveto you got a problem with (ME) so you can message me and not tell everyone on here i hurt your feelings  can you dig it you are the only person that trys to start crap with diffrent people on here you have already been kick off this once would you like to try  to get banned agan
[/quote]

Being the superstitious type, I prefer Skipper not to change until after the playoffs..he has been doing something right as we are undefeated.

We should beat West Columbia if we play to our capabilities...our run defense is great..the kids will do alright. As far as Chris Smith, yes I also heard he will be eligible to play this week. These kids are all business I don't think they will overlook anyone this year. Go Stangs. Saying right here, right now...Navasota won't be in the region final IMO.
[/quote]

His name is Chris James and its not a definate if he will be able to play in this game either.
[/quote]

In fact, what I'm hearing is it's almost a certainty he WILL NOT play this week.
[/quote]thought he wasnt eligible til next week?

[quote name="skipper" post="1336594" timestamp="1353284301"]
6pm game time someway i got to find a time to leve orange and beat the houston rush  traffic  what is a good time to leve
[/quote]should'nt be a prob. skip. Holiday plus you will be headed into Houston instead of east.  Big maybe!

[quote name="tam0003" post="1335897" timestamp="1353217190"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry senior moment..went back to my old classmate Mr. Smith..lol..sorry hadn't thought about him in years..good guy. I stand corrected, thanks

[quote name="skipper" post="1336594" timestamp="1353284301"]
6pm game time someway i got to find a time to leve orange and beat the houston rush  traffic  what is a good time to leve
[/quote]

Traffic shouldn't be too big of an issue..  Most people will be off for Thanksgiving holiday...

Stangs by 21......I agree with you Skipper, each game is one at a time now, focus and bring your A-game every week and keep on rolling. Anything can happen in high school football. The best team doesn't always win, there is always that rotten X factor lurking close by. If the Mustangs continue to play Mustang football, it should be a long run.....Good luck WO-S, make Orange county proud!!!

[quote name="PawPaw" post="1336710" timestamp="1353290635"]
I got WOS 21- 14.  I just don't think wos can win it all.. offense is good but someone is gonna have a good defense.
[/quote]

PawPaw.WO-S hangs it hat on it's defense not the offense.The offense is good because it's on the field a lot.The defense has been keeping teams O off the field.The defense is putting points on the board also.How far we go will be on the defense and not our offense.Your right that we will most certainly face better defenses so we have to have our defense keep it close.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin