Central @ Nederland predictions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1319441" timestamp="1352002949"]
Jags upset Ned by a late TD with the NED starters out to avoid injuries for the playoffs.
[/quote]
You always pull for the upsets don't you bg. You do realize that if Ned loses and Vidor wins then we will share a DC.  8)

You really think Ned's gonna let that happen?

Jags upset Ned by a late TD with the NED starters out to avoid injuries for the playoffs.
[/quote]

I highly doubt Neumann would pull the starters in a close game with an undefeated outright district title on the line. I think it'll be a close game, but if the Jags are to pull the upset it probably won't be because our backups are in...

[/quote]i hope your right buddy but just don't see it happening for the jags. If you remember the central/Vidor game it will be about the same or worse for Mitchell. He will be running for his life again.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1319489" timestamp="1352007810"]
We need to throw the quick pass early and often.  The Nederland front 4 is intimidating, but they can't do anything if the ball is already gone...
[/quote]

That was PNG's plan of attack against Nederland. It did keep the D Line off the QB, but it also produced many 3 and outs...

Also, Nederland is due for a letdown.  Better before the playoffs.  Really, nothing to play for.  Just  to think about it, didn't those guys have a near letdown against that same LC-M Bear team already in district?  And on top of that, Central sees the light at the end of a very dark tunnel thus far.  Beat this team and then, cha-ching.  Your playoff ticket is punched.

[quote name="freelancer1-1" post="1319609" timestamp="1352036145"]
Yes, a huge let down: 35-21! We gave up a touchdown with 11 seconds left and our 2nd and 3rd string defense playing. Huge let down!!!
[/quote]Yes, near letdown.  The score was 21- 14 y'all way all until a little over 4 minutes left in the game.  AND it was on a pick 6.  Then you scored again with 2 mins left.  Heck, for most of the third quarter you were tied with this team 14 all.  Just stating facts.  Can't argue with that.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1319621" timestamp="1352037158"]
[quote author=freelancer1-1 link=topic=105709.msg1319609#msg1319609 date=1352036145]
Yes, a huge let down: 35-21! We gave up a touchdown with 11 seconds left and our 2nd and 3rd string defense playing. Huge let down!!!
[/quote]Yes, near letdown.  The score was 21- 14 y'all way all until a little over 4 minutes left in the game.  AND it was on a pick 6.  Then you scored again with 2 mins left.  Heck, for most of the third quarter you were tied with this team 14 all.  Just stating facts.  Can't argue with that.
[/quote]
I was about to post that lol. You took the words outta my mouth soulja.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1319624" timestamp="1352037414"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1319621#msg1319621 date=1352037158]
[quote author=freelancer1-1 link=topic=105709.msg1319609#msg1319609 date=1352036145]
[/quote]
I was about to post that lol. You took the words outta my mouth soulja.
[/quote]Ohh, how some have short memories.  8)

Soulja, we took an early 14-0 lead in the 1st. LCM controlled the 2nd and made it 14-7 at the half. LCM scored halfway through the 3rd and made it 14-14. It stayed that way through most of the 4th. We scored 2 TDs within a couple minutes to ice the game and LCM scored very late. LCM has a fine team and we have not had anything handed to us. 

That's how I remember it anyway.

Yes it was definitely a tense game at LC-M. I see a 14 point win though.. That's all that matters. If you want comparisons, Central got spanked by Ozen and Vidor, which Nederland beat by a combined 42 points. I guess the Nederland haters are just going to keep coming. Notice how Vidorians have to jump in every time?? Get over your obsession with Nederland already.. It's become pathetic..

And p.s. Soulja, why does that touchdown being a pick 6 matter?? Our defense has scored a lot of points for us. Does that mean our team is garbage?? I prefer my defense to score points.. Maybe that's why you are sitting at 3-6.. Enjoy basketball season..

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1319593" timestamp="1352035262"]
Also, Nederland is due for a letdown.  Better before the playoffs.  Really, nothing to play for.  Just  to think about it, didn't those guys have a near letdown against that same LC-M Bear team already in district?  And on top of that, Central sees the light at the end of a very dark tunnel thus far.  Beat this team and then, cha-ching.  Your playoff ticket is punched.
[/quote]

Since we are talking about letdowns and pointing out flaws about Nederland, let's look at what the Jags are going to face. Critique all you want and pick apart any of our WINS you want. A WIN is a WIN and Nederland has won their last SIXTEEN district games! Central has 3 losses in district and by the way the Dogs beat those teams by a combined 78-20! Central has been Jeckyl and Hyde all season long and if you are depending on us being "due for a letdown" to win this game, then good luck with that. Back to back undefeated district championships and a HOME game to boot? Nederland also has Back to back shutouts the last two games and out scored thd opponents 83-0. Can the Jags win? Sure they can. But, give me the consistent team with the consistent results week in and week out vs. a Jeckyll and Hyde team any day of the week. No team is ever as good or as bad as their last game either. Things normally revert back to the mean. Nederland wins against an inspired Jags team in this one 31-20.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319650" timestamp="1352039298"]
Yes it was definitely a tense game at LC-M. I see a 14 point win though.. That's all that matters. If you want comparisons, Central got spanked by Ozen and Vidor, which Nederland beat by a combined 42 points. I guess the Nederland haters are just going to keep coming. Notice how Vidorians have to jump in every time?? Get over your obsession with Nederland already.. It's become pathetic..

And p.s. Soulja, why does that touchdown being a pick 6 matter?? Our defense has scored a lot of points for us. Does that mean our team is garbage?? I prefer my defense to score points.. Maybe that's why you are sitting at 3-6.. Enjoy basketball season..
[/quote]Why do you think I'm a Nederland hater?  I give props to Nederland all the time  just like I did when I saw your game vs. Ozen firsthand.  It's just that NOW, your team and  team plays my team next week with a playoff berth on the line and now I'm considered a Nederland hater?  How asinine is that?

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319650" timestamp="1352039298"]

And p.s. Soulja, why does that touchdown being a pick 6 matter?? Our defense has scored a lot of points for us. [b]Does that mean our team is garbage??[/b] I prefer my defense to score points.. Maybe that's why you are sitting at 3-6.. Enjoy basketball season..
[/quote] I've never said that at all.  What were YOU reading?

[quote name="jake94" post="1319664" timestamp="1352040139"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1319593#msg1319593 date=1352035262]
[/quote]

Since we are talking about letdowns and pointing out flaws about Nederland, let's look at what the Jags are going to face. Critique all you want and pick apart any of our WINS you want. A WIN is a WIN and Nederland has won their last SIXTEEN district games! Central has 3 losses in district and by the way the Dogs beat those teams by a combined 78-20! Central has been Jeckyl and Hyde all season long and if you are depending on us being "due for a letdown" to win this game, then good luck with that. Back to back undefeated district championships and a HOME game to boot? Nederland also has Back to back shutouts the last two games and out scored thd opponents 83-0. Can the Jags win? Sure they can. But, give me the consistent team with the consistent results week in and week out vs. a Jeckyll and Hyde team any day of the week. No team is ever as good or as bad as their last game either. Things normally revert back to the mean. Nederland wins against an inspired Jags team in this one 31-20.
[/quote]Great post.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1319677" timestamp="1352041325"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=105709.msg1319664#msg1319664 date=1352040139]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1319593#msg1319593 date=1352035262]
[/quote]

[/quote]Great post.
[/quote]

I do agree with ya Soulja that if Central wins this game and makes the playoffs that they would definitely be peaking at the right time and could make some playoff noise! Looking forward to a great game!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1319671" timestamp="1352040854"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=105709.msg1319650#msg1319650 date=1352039298]

[/quote]Why do you think I'm a Nederland hater?  I give props to Nederland all the time  just like I did when I saw your game vs. Ozen firsthand.  It's just that NOW, your team and  team plays my team next week with a playoff berth on the line and now I'm considered a Nederland hater?  How asinine is that?
[/quote]
The haters comment was more directed at twocents.. I know you are smack talking and so am I. It just seems like no matter how many games Nederland wins or by how much they win them, they aren't that good. You were trying to make it seem like Nederland wasnt very good because you think they squeaked by LC-M. I know you've given credit to Ned in the past, and I take your comments with a grain of salt. But Central gets one decent win against a mediocre LC-M team and all of the sudden the 3-6 record is a farce.. I digress, keep up the smack talk. I have done mine. The boys will answer your call on Friday night.. Might want to check the movie times though. They usually have some starting around 9. Which is about when you'll be racing to get out of Nederland ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder