Just SMH!!!!

snafu

This was the sportsmanship shown after a TD was decided by refs and Quirante was walking back to our sidelines showing TD....

[url=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3537160682683&set=a.1448164779091.52240.1682358723&type=1&theater]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3537160682683&set=a.1448164779091.52240.1682358723&type=1&theater[/url]

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1318565" timestamp="1351960132"]
This was the sportsmanship shown after a TD was decided by refs and Quirante was walking back to our sidelines showing TD....

[url=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3537160682683&set=a.1448164779091.52240.1682358723&type=1&theater]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3537160682683&set=a.1448164779091.52240.1682358723&type=1&theater[/url]
[/quote]like i said in another thread. Montana gets a lot of coverage on this site and others that cover local football. It appeared to me that he came into our house saying look at me i am the one going to UT. Showed up in his big boy pants and left in a pull up.

[quote name="Cougar4Life" post="1318829" timestamp="1351979865"]
And if you watch the tailgate party he slung quirante down about 5 yards already into the endzone. Don't know why you would be proud of yourself for getting scored on and outran by the QB.? Put that on the highlight film for mack
[/quote]

The referee actually had flagged him for the tackle on Montana. Then Collins followed Montana down the sidelines with his antics. The referee picked up the flag and waved it off. That's when the officials lost control of the game...1st quarter...not hitting Collins for the flagrant late hit and not hitting him again for taunting.

Totally the officials fault however I think the Livingston coaches should carry some of the blame. Chevoski should have went to the sidelines for a while to cool off. Is it me or does it seem we can't get officials that are impartial or competent? I'm sorry, you are getting paid for this. I officiated soccer for 15 years and I can assure you, I would have been pulled from refereeing for a while if I couldn't do it right and I know they see what's going on. I could make a list of their obvious blunders to cover an entire page. Truthfully, the kids on the field shouldn't be blamed...it rest with the officials and coaches. I know the Livingston coaches saw what Collins did on Montana's TD. What would Jeff do if the shoe was on the other foot and Montana had beed doing that after a Collins TD? Guarantee you he would be benched. Disgusting. 

what do you expect from the espn highligts , myspace , facebook , smart phone , and twitter page era ? i remember it was a time when players announced where they were going their sr year on signing day . i see now you have guys committing to colleges (verbally) as jr's , hell even sophmores in some cases . this in my opinion breeds the look at me attitude , high school football players dont need a coach to hype them for college . players have their own familes and  buddies filming , editing and  uploading them on youtube . they have sites where you can load your video , put  your pic and stats on there  so that colleges coaches see you . back in the day if you werent an elite player or good player the chances of a college coach seeing you were slim to none . your coach would send film , just make sure you didnt get into the dog house with him are you were done !!! nowadays it doesnt matter these kids can do it themselves , which breeds i dont need you mentality , its all about me mentality these are the  players that are bread nowadays all over the country . he is one of the many thousand of players that do things like this  , thanks social  media !!!!

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1319479" timestamp="1352006162"]
what do you expect from the espn highligts , myspace , facebook , smart phone , and twitter page era ? i remember it was a time when players announced where they were going their sr year on signing day . i see now you have guys committing to colleges (verbally) as jr's , heck even sophmores in some cases . this in my opinion breeds the look at me attitude , high school football players dont need a coach to hype them for college . players have their own familes and  buddies filming , editing and  uploading them on youtube . they have sites where you can load your video , put  your pic and stats on there  so that colleges coaches see you . back in the day if you werent an elite player or good player the chances of a college coach seeing you were slim to none . your coach would send film , just make sure you didnt get into the dog house with him are you were done !!! nowadays it doesnt matter these kids can do it themselves , which breeds i dont need you mentality , its all about me mentality these are the  players that are bread nowadays all over the country . he is one of the many thousand of players that do things like this  , thanks social  media !!!!
[/quote]

That being said there are a lot of young men and women that benefit from these social media's as they get no help from coaches and such..... There are also the ones that use these avenues and are still grounded responsible and respectful ... So don't lump everyone in to one pot.... Also from what I have read across these boards this young man isn't like this usually.... So let's hope he gets squared away before he scares away the scouts..... We have all made mistakes and regretted our actions.... Let's hope he moves forward from this with a better attitude.... And that the next set of refs that run into this type of behavior handle it properly.....

Wonder where the classy pic is of him taunting the fans after the game while grabbing himself. I wouldn't be surprised if UT got wind of this and when signing day does come around they pull out. IMHO, he didn't portray nor did he play anything like you would expect on a college level. Or maybe our defense was just that good.  ;D