21-3A playoff picture?

lhsof23

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1315751" timestamp="1351731207"]
I think Silsbee's key to beating WOS is not turning the ball over. If Silsbee can keep WOS on it's heels with a nice balance of Spearman and Reed running the ball along with good passing, Silsbee should be ok. I believe that if you can put together solid drives and play defense Silsbee will win. Silsbee really needs Reed and Spearman to have a big game along with Seth Adams. This is a game where big time players make plays! I will be down for this game!
[/quote]

Oh great! ::)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1315751" timestamp="1351731207"]
I think Silsbee's key to beating WOS is not turning the ball over. If Silsbee can keep WOS on it's heels with a nice balance of Spearman and Reed running the ball along with good passing, Silsbee should be ok. I believe that if you can put together solid drives and play defense Silsbee will win. Silsbee really needs Reed and Spearman to have a big game along with Seth Adams. This is a game where big time players make plays! I will be down for this game!
[/quote]

I agree.If Silsbee has a perfect game they could win. ::)

I'll say WOS wins this one 28-7. I don't think WOS will get the shoutout. The 'Stangs will get at least one score on defense or a return they always do in big games like this one. I haven't seen either team play however, my sources in Orange County tell me this Chain Gang defense is as good or better than the 2000 'Stangs' defense that took them to title game. That was a dang good defense. As long as they don't have a ton of turnovers, WOS will dominate Silsbee. Silbee hasn't seen anything close to this year's Chain Gang defense and in big games go with the better defense.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1315903" timestamp="1351774730"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=105336.msg1315751#msg1315751 date=1351731207]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I live in Silsbee; I'm a Silsbee fan. I know it was sarcasm on your part, but you are correct, it will take a perfect game by the Tigers to beat WO-S.  But, IT IS on our home turf and maybe that's a 3 to 6 point advantage.  I certainly hope so.  Go Tigers - play well, Badsanta is going to be there. ::)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1316010" timestamp="1351782708"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=105336.msg1315903#msg1315903 date=1351774730]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=105336.msg1315751#msg1315751 date=1351731207]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I live in Silsbee; I'm a Silsbee fan. I know it was sarcasm on your part, but you are correct, it will take a perfect game by the Tigers to beat WO-S.  But, IT IS on our home turf and maybe that's a 3 to 6 point advantage.  I certainly hope so.  Go Tigers - play well, Badsanta is going to be there. ::)
[/quote]

No sarcasm.Just pointing out that long list of what he said it would take for Silsbee to win leaves no room for error and I agreed that's what they will have to do.As for my thoughts,I don't think they can do all that to this Mustang team... I mean your talking total domination here.Not going to happen.These two always have great competive games and I see this one to be no different.

[quote name="CrashDavis" post="1316119" timestamp="1351790111"]
[quote author=LOKI link=topic=105336.msg1316085#msg1316085 date=1351788054]
Silsbee will score at least [s]21[/s][/quote] 

wrong answer, please review your notes and make corrections where needed  ;D
[/quote]

Silsbee by 1

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Titletown2" post="1315943" timestamp="1351778090"]
[b]I'll say WOS wins this one 28-7[/b]. I don't think WOS will get the shoutout. The 'Stangs will get at least one score on defense or a return they always do in big games like this one. I haven't seen either team play however, my sources in Orange County tell me this Chain Gang defense is as good or better than the 2000 'Stangs' defense that took them to title game. That was a dang good defense. As long as they don't have a ton of turnovers, [b]WOS will dominate Silsbee[/b]. Silbee hasn't seen anything close to this year's Chain Gang defense and in big games go with the better defense.
[/quote]
::) ::)

Silsbee will win this game at Tiger stadium by at least 13 points.
The Stangs will not dominate Silsbee.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="MrUmp1" post="1316138" timestamp="1351791405"]
As long as WOS does not lose to BC Friday night, that last game will have no effect on 21-3A playoff picture which is what this topic was about.
[/quote]

You are correct, both teams have to take care of business tomorrow night before they meet up.

In the grand scheme of things both teams are going to the playoffs and BC will most likely get the 3rd spot.

if you should drop by the mustangs practic field and after thay run the 5 100s then pull over one of the kids and ask him who thay will be playing in two weeks and most likely he would shug his shoulders but to be upfront with you some will say give me a clue  ;D ;D

[quote name="skipper" post="1316297" timestamp="1351802630"]
if you should drop by the mustangs practic field and after thay run the 5 100s then pull over one of the kids and ask him who thay will be playing in two weeks and most likely he would shug his shoulders but to be upfront with you some will say give me a clue  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Skipper I sure hope you don't believe what you just wrote?? Sarcasm hopefully. Most of the folks I know over there are worried that they are thinking too much about Silsbee and not enough about BC. WOS should beat BC as everyone expects, I'm not saying the Cardinals are a threat but it's very understandable for WOS to relax and look ahead which translates into a less than top notch performance. I know the WOS staff will do it's very best to keep that from happening but to say the Mustangs are not aware of their schedule or the big showdown with Silsbee is a BIG BIG BIG STRETCH!

Rake1

the kids from wo-s MUST play hard nose football this friday  becouse no matter what people say about the kids from bridge city thay are not a bad  team at all. yes thay have had there ups and downs this year BUT  looks like the cards are starting to put it all togather at the right time. i feel sure coach thompson and his staff are on pins and neddles  and know bridge city has become a more balance team over the last three weeks this will be one heck of a game

The boys know who they are plating tonight and nxt week and they are not shaking in their boots about either team, yes they respect each team, but Neither Silsbee or BC is anywhere near the level WOS is on this year. So people please stop the madness with all the WOS better not look ahead and the if Silsbee plays a perfect game they will win. Truth is both Silsbee and BC will get ran off th field THIS YEAR.

Silsbeen has beating WOS once in the past 7 years!!! Stop acting lik they are a contender to win state or a year an and year out great team.

I have a Cnote that says BC gets shut out tonight. And I'll give Silsbee 10 points next week in a point spread for any Silsbee fan that truly believes they have what it takes this year.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1316937" timestamp="1351874173"]
The boys know who they are plating tonight and nxt week and they are not shaking in their boots about either team, yes they respect each team, but Neither Silsbee or BC is anywhere near the level WOS is on this year. So people please stop the madness with all the WOS better not look ahead and the if Silsbee plays a perfect game they will win. Truth is both Silsbee and BC will get ran off th field THIS YEAR.

Silsbeen has beating WOS once in the past 7 years!!! Stop acting lik they are a contender to win state or a year an and year out great team.

I have a Cnote that says BC gets shut out tonight. [b]And I'll give Silsbee 10 points next week in a point spread for any Silsbee fan that truly believes they have what it takes this year.[/b]
[/quote]

What, no prediction of shutting out Silsbee and making a bet on that? ::)

But I'll play along and take the 10 points for $100.

Guest Air Bisquit
The boys know who they are plating tonight and nxt week and they are not shaking in their boots about either team, yes they respect each team, but Neither Silsbee or BC is anywhere near the level WOS is on this year. So people please stop the madness with all the WOS better not look ahead and the if Silsbee plays a perfect game they will win. Truth is both [b]Silsbee and BC will get ran off th field THIS YEAR[/b].

Silsbeen has beating WOS once in the past 7 years!!! [b]Stop acting lik they are a contender to win state or a year an and year out great team[/b].

I have a Cnote that says BC gets shut out tonight. And I'll give Silsbee 10 points next week in a point spread for any Silsbee fan that truly believes they have what it takes this year.
[/quote] ::) ::)

Same could be said for WOS, stop acting like you all are contenders for state year in and year out.

You are friggin [b]delusional[/b] if you think they will run Silsbee off the field!!!

Go crawl back under the rock from which you came from

[/quote]

I'm in for a hundred.

IMO, WOS-Silsbee will be a tight game and could turn on just one play because both teams and coaching staffs know each other so well. History between the two teams seems to bare this out. Blowout district games usually are because of the difference in talent levels. It's debatable whether or not Silsbee has the talent level that WOS has or better, but the teams are close enough for a tight game regardless. Turnovers and penalties will probably decide the game. Any blowout will be because of a plethora of turnovers on one side.

That being said, got to take my Mustangs by 10.

Also, I'd like to welcome the new transfer from Ozen, Chris James to the Mustang Athletic program. Glad to have you back in the program.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1317136" timestamp="1351886823"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=105336.msg1317106#msg1317106 date=1351883985]
Will he be suited up and ready to roll?
[/quote]

No, he has to sit for awhile. Sounds like a good talented kid from what I hear.
[/quote]

UIL mandated 15 days from when he enrolled.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12