Lol if it rains we deffinately got a shot  :P
[/quote]

Very True , Silsbee  has a terrible field
[/quote]
thats how we won in 09 LOL.
[/quote]

LOL ;D,good 1
[/quote]
It probally helped atleast.. how else do u get a 13-7 score.
The WOS players ran outa the tunnel and dove in our inzone. Water everywhere

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="sully" post="1313868" timestamp="1351534142"]
Lol if it rains we deffinately got a shot  :P
[/quote]

Nope!! It does not even have to rain for Silsbee to win this year.

[quote name="77" post="1312853" timestamp="1351397465"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=105336.msg1312848#msg1312848 date=1351396328]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=105336.msg1312523#msg1312523 date=1351377078]
There must be something good in the water in silsbee lol lets be real guys, silsbee is still the same team that lost to png at home! And let's be honest png is absolutely horrible! Silsbee gets scored on every single week so don't expect their defense to just all of a sudden turn into the steel curtain! Wos will hold silsbee to 14 points or less and score 17 or more!
[/quote]

Yes We lost to PNG and they aren't having a good year.  This was a game that the Tigers should have won by probably 2 TDs.  We cost ourselves that by dropping several passes.  There were also a couple of big interference calls that weren't made costing the Tigers(one deep in Indian territory that turned the ball over on downs and one on the 2 point conversion try that decided the game).  Yes there was also one that was missed against us as well.  But another key factor in that game was Chris Elam didn't play.  Since he has returned the Tigers have become a more dangerous team in all areas of the game.
[/quote]Thats some serious excuse-in! :o
[/quote]

Might I add that the same Horrible PN-G team that Silsbee lost to, also put up 12 points on the mighty WOS D...just saying. Carry on.

They ran a kickoff all the way to the mustangs 12 yard line, then on the other drive they scored the mustangs had 2 15 yard flags thrown on them that got PNG inside the 5, thn inside the 5 the mustangs stopped PNG on 4th down, but png had a false start and got and extra play and then scored. Ask the Indians itseasier said then done.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1313981" timestamp="1351541758"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=105336.msg1312853#msg1312853 date=1351397465]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=105336.msg1312848#msg1312848 date=1351396328]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=105336.msg1312523#msg1312523 date=1351377078]
There must be something good in the water in silsbee lol lets be real guys, silsbee is still the same team that lost to png at home! And let's be honest png is absolutely horrible! Silsbee gets scored on every single week so don't expect their defense to just all of a sudden turn into the steel curtain! Wos will hold silsbee to 14 points or less and score 17 or more!
[/quote]

Yes We lost to PNG and they aren't having a good year.  This was a game that the Tigers should have won by probably 2 TDs.  We cost ourselves that by dropping several passes.  There were also a couple of big interference calls that weren't made costing the Tigers(one deep in Indian territory that turned the ball over on downs and one on the 2 point conversion try that decided the game).  Yes there was also one that was missed against us as well.  But another key factor in that game was Chris Elam didn't play.  Since he has returned the Tigers have become a more dangerous team in all areas of the game.
[/quote]Thats some serious excuse-in! :o
[/quote]

Might I add that the same Horrible PN-G team that Silsbee lost to, also put up 12 points on the mighty WOS D...just saying. Carry on.
[/quote]

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1314407" timestamp="1351575256"]
[b]Just wondering if Silsbee had played a "speed" team?[/b] Probably the closest thing WOS has would be the Central game, though not a great team, they did have above average speed.
[/quote]

I would say Livingston, who just beat Central last week, is the fastest most athletic team Silsbee has played so far this season.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1313849" timestamp="1351533278"]
Silsbee has a better offense than any team WOS has faced.
[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that. Jasper has a good offense and averages 43 ppg not including their game against us. And just put up 31 last week against Carthage.

Not using that to try and say we will win. I don't make predictions and when WO-S and Silsbee get together, you never know since it's kind of a rivalry game. But, I'm not sure I agree with your statement that they have the best offense. LCM isn't bad either as the 40-37 score vs Silsbee indicates.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1315513" timestamp="1351707397"]
People can say that Silsbee's offense is the best WOS has faced the entire year (and i'm not disputing that), but I tend to think that WOS will be the best offense Silsbee has seen all year also.
[/quote]

That's fair to say though there is an argument that Livingston has a better offense than WO-S based on the fact that they scored 42 and 28 points against LC-M and Central when WO-S only scored 18 and 14 respectively.

[quote name="White Boy" post="1315532" timestamp="1351708689"]
So if WOS, Silsbee and Who ever gets in Silsbee will be big school.

What about the district with Coldspring?

If Huffman doesn't get in who is Big school?
[/quote]

If Huffman fails to make playoffs (which I am betting they do make playoffs) then Cleveland will be the DI rep. DII reps would be Coldspring and Shepherd.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1315518" timestamp="1351707760"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=105336.msg1315513#msg1315513 date=1351707397]
People can say that Silsbee's offense is the best WOS has faced the entire year (and i'm not disputing that), but I tend to think that WOS will be the best offense Silsbee has seen all year also.
[/quote]

That's fair to say though there is an argument that Livingston has a better offense than WO-S based on the fact that they scored 42 and 28 points against LC-M and Central when WO-S only scored 18 and 14 respectively.
[/quote]

That is why I dislike comparing opponents. Saw both LC-M and Central games against WOS. We really did not open up the offense like we could on either one. I think we were probably playing a little close to the vest and trying to get the running game worked out. A lot of penalties in both games, also. IMO, I think the new offensive co-ordinator was being a little conservative early on with the defense playing so well. It will be the best test either team has seen for sure. Both teams will come away knowing what they have.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1315568" timestamp="1351710836"]
If I was not going to the SC@Dayton game next Friday, the WOS@Silsbee game would be my game of choise. I really believe Silsbee will prove to be the best team and win that district. WOS has not played an offense as good as Silsbee.
[/quote]
I totally disagree with you. Jasper has a better offense than Silsbee. They averaged 50 plus points a game before they played us in the 4th game of the season. Plus, they posted 31 points against Carthage, who is ranked in the state. Silsbee's offense is not better than Jasper's

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1315573" timestamp="1351711394"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=105336.msg1315568#msg1315568 date=1351710836]
If I was not going to the SC@Dayton game next Friday, the WOS@Silsbee game would be my game of choise. I really believe Silsbee will prove to be the best team and win that district. WOS has not played an offense as good as Silsbee.
[/quote]
I totally disagree with you. Jasper has a better offense than Silsbee. They averaged 50 plus points a game before they played us in the 4th game of the season. Plus, they posted 31 points against Carthage, who is ranked in the state. [b]Silsbee's offense is not better than Jasper's[/b]
[/quote]

Very debatable.

Game comparisons:

Jasper vs. Orangefield    55-14
Silsbee vs. Orangefield    48-7

Jasper vs. Bridge City      21-7
Silsbee vs. Bridge City    45-20

Carthage is giving up 21 points per game on the season.

I honestly believe Silsbee has faced tougher defenses as a whole on the season than what Jasper has faced, excluding WO-S.

On the season so far, Silsbee is averaging 40 points a game, Jasper 32.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1315579" timestamp="1351711934"]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=105336.msg1315573#msg1315573 date=1351711394]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=105336.msg1315568#msg1315568 date=1351710836]
[/quote]
I totally disagree with you. Jasper has a better offense than Silsbee. They averaged 50 plus points a game before they played us in the 4th game of the season. Plus, they posted 31 points against Carthage, who is ranked in the state. [b]Silsbee's offense is not better than Jasper's[/b]
[/quote]

Very debatable.

Game comparisons:

Jasper vs. Orangefield    55-14
Silsbee vs. Orangefield    48-7

Jasper vs. Bridge City      21-7
Silsbee vs. Bridge City    45-20

Carthage is giving up 21 points per game on the season.

I honestly believe Silsbee has faced tougher defenses as a whole on the season than what Jasper has faced, excluding WO-S.

On the season so far, Silsbee is averaging 40 points a game, Jasper 32.
[/quote]

That's great work Aggie!

I think Silsbee's key to beating WOS is not turning the ball over. If Silsbee can keep WOS on it's heels with a nice balance of Spearman and Reed running the ball along with good passing, Silsbee should be ok. I believe that if you can put together solid drives and play defense Silsbee will win. Silsbee really needs Reed and Spearman to have a big game along with Seth Adams. This is a game where big time players make plays! I will be down for this game!

Naturally you can't turn the ball over.  For the Tigers to win they are going to have to play good defense an limit WOS to a low point total.  You won't beat them by trying to "outscore" them.  On the offensive side we must have some good drives to limit how long the defense is on the field.  And the big thing will be controlling the line of scrimmage,  limiting pressure on Reed and giving us a chance to gain some yardage on the ground. We have enough speed in some of the skill positions to offset some of the Mustangs speed but their speed will keep us from having the big plays that we have become used to. We can't afford some of the costly mistakes we have made at times : dropped passes,  personal fouls,  untimely penalties. 

[quote name="ST413" post="1315786" timestamp="1351736259"]
Naturally you can't turn the ball over.  For the Tigers to win they are going to have to play good defense an limit WOS to a low point total.  You won't beat them by trying to "outscore" them.  On the offensive side we must have some good drives to limit how long the defense is on the field.  And the big thing will be controlling the line of scrimmage,  limiting pressure on Reed and giving us a chance to gain some yardage on the ground. We have enough speed in some of the skill positions to offset some of the Mustangs speed but their speed will keep us from having the big plays that we have become used to. We can't afford some of the costly mistakes we have made at times : dropped passes,  personal fouls,  untimely penalties.
[/quote]

This statement is very true for both teams!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu