Central @ Livingston

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1308511" timestamp="1351086159"]
Jags will be put out of their misery by 10.30PM Friday night. They will lose the remaining three games.
[/quote] Be sure to be available at that same time to eat crow because this game is very winnable.  2 of the next 3 games are there for the taking. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central football out of the 22 starters 13 or juniors and 6 or soph's with another 8 juniors and 3 sophs on  CENTRAL football team , in the last 3 years Central has district championships in Football and Basketball,so dont talk about 9th grade and JV , oh its coming be happy 20 4a your time is short.

[quote name="understand" post="1308970" timestamp="1351126636"]
Central football out of the 22 starters 13 or juniors and 6 or soph's with another 8 juniors and 3 sophs on  CENTRAL football team , in the last 3 years Central has district championships in Football and Basketball,so dont talk about 9th grade and JV , oh its coming be happy 20 4a your time is short.
[/quote] ???

[quote name="understand" post="1308970" timestamp="1351126636"]
[/quote]All that looks good on paper, and Im sure Central will be loaded talent wise as usual. I think we all know what is holding Central back.......Coaching

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1308530" timestamp="1351087804"]
[quote author=cornhusker link=topic=104999.msg1308511#msg1308511 date=1351086159]
Jags will be put out of their misery by 10.30PM Friday night. They will lose the remaining three games.
[/quote] Be sure to be available at that same time to eat crow because this game is very winnable.  2 of the next 3 games are there for the taking.
[/quote]Sorry Soulja, It will not happen, not this game ;D

Central does have a tough road ahead! Not sure if the guys can play gap assignment football the whole 48 minutes. You have big guys coming at you every play on both sides and if you let #14 get too much positive tempo he will have a field day for sure. But then again maybe the Jags truly believe they can win with those first few district wins (even though they weren't deemed toughest). As for coaching, I'm sure there are good coaches on bad teams just as there are vice versa. In other words, the players play the game and the coaches can only hope they do so well. Do I hope Central wins? Yes. But honestly, I don't think it will happen this week Jags.

[quote name="409Fan" post="1309258" timestamp="1351176746"]
Central does have a tough road ahead! Not sure if the guys can play gap assignment football the whole 48 minutes. You have big guys coming at you every play on both sides and if you let #14 get too much positive tempo he will have a field day for sure. But then again maybe the Jags truly believe they can win with those first few district wins (even though they weren't deemed toughest). As for coaching, I'm sure there are good coaches on bad teams just as there are vice versa. In other words, the players play the game and the coaches can only hope they do so well. Do I hope Central wins? Yes. But honestly, I don't think it will happen this week Jags.
[/quote]

A fresh, new voice on the forum, folks!  Welcome 409Fan.  This was an excellent analysis and very well stated.  It will be to our benefit that you have joined in the melee at SETXsports.com.  Keep your posts rolling. 8)

Central needs to score EARLY and quickly. You can't play come from behind football with Livingston at Livingston. I hope Central has brushed up and won't be plagued with so many penalties. In the game last week, the flags seemed to be coming from every direction on one particular drive.

Get it done, Jags!  :D

Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is enjoying this cool snap! As I read this thread, I see a common denominator in regards to Central. It seems that Central's O-Line is not very good at holding the defense (per post that I have read). If that is the case, then they stand little chance to none at holding back the Livingston's D-Line. Livingston has a tough D Line with #12, #58, #67 ( Think thats the number 67 or 76) . If that #58 gets loose you will  be sure to see the QB sacked or flushed out of the pocket, in previous games #58 has flushed and sacked the QB for game changers. In all the Defense Line for the Livingston Lions is nothing to scoff at. It seems they are getting better and better with each game that passes. But will we see tonight if my statement holds up. I give this game to Livingston.
Lions: 38
Central: 14

[quote name="beardown96" post="1310211" timestamp="1351260369"]
Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is enjoying this cool snap! As I read this thread, I see a common denominator in regards to Central. It seems that Central's O-Line is not very good at holding the defense (per post that I have read). If that is the case, then they stand little chance to none at holding back the Livingston's D-Line. Livingston has a tough D Line with #12, #58, #67 ( Think thats the number 67 or 76) . If that #58 gets loose you will  be sure to see the QB sacked or flushed out of the pocket, in previous games #58 has flushed and sacked the QB for game changers. In all the Defense Line for the Livingston Lions is nothing to scoff at. It seems they are getting better and better with each game that passes. But will we see tonight if my statement holds up. I give this game to Livingston.
Lions: 38
Central: 14
[/quote]That is where no one gives Livingston any credit, is defense because their defensive backs aren't as strong as last year. But over all they do have a better linebackers crop of players and good linemen. And you forgot to mention Mr. Nasty who will knock the QB's off his game if he gets to him even one time.

What you people are failing to do is give vidor's  defense any credit.  Their defensive front isn't bad.  While in the meanwhile, I've seen Livingston's defense first hand vs. Silsbee and I'll say this...  I'm not the least bit worried about weather or not we'll be able to move the ball on offense.  I have worries, but offensive production isn't one of them... 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1310327" timestamp="1351268036"]
What you people are failing to do is give vidor's  defense any credit.  Their defensive front isn't bad.  While in the meanwhile, I've seen Livingston's defense first hand vs. Silsbee and I'll say this...  I'm not the least bit worried about weather or not we'll be able to move the ball on offense.  I have worries, but offensive production isn't one of them... 8)
[/quote]You can't compare Central's line with Silsbee's line, let's get real. I've seen Central play and really it's a shame that a QB of that talent has to play behind that line. And Vidor has a good line and from what I was told about that game was that Vidor was going through your line like toilet tissue and coming off the corners. trust me Livingston if they choose to come off the corners, will get there a lot faster. They will not have to come off the corners and will still get there fast. They will need two players to keep #58 out of their backfield, that kid is a bull, and #12 will be in your QB face all night long.   

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1310340" timestamp="1351269119"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=104999.msg1310327#msg1310327 date=1351268036]
[/quote]You can't compare Central's line with Silsbee's line, let's get real. I've seen Central play and really it's a shame that a QB of that talent has to play behind that line. And Vidor has a good line and from what I was told about that game was that Vidor was going through your line like toilet tissue and coming off the corners. trust me Livingston if they choose to come off the corners, will get there a lot faster. They will not have to come off the corners and will still get there fast. They will need two players to keep #58 out of their backfield, that kid is a bull, and #12 will be in your QB face all night long. 
[/quote] do you realize that Vidor Blitzes quite a but.  I assume you (Livingston) will do the same.  Let's see if we exploit the short pass or the one on one coverage against our athletic receivers.  Let's see if our staff will have plays in ave anticipating constant pressure..

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1310372" timestamp="1351270997"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=104999.msg1310340#msg1310340 date=1351269119]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=104999.msg1310327#msg1310327 date=1351268036]
[/quote] do you realize that Vidor Blitzes quite a but.  I assume you (Livingston) will do the same.  Let's see if we exploit the short pass or the one on one coverage against our athletic receivers.  Let's see if our staff will have plays in ave anticipating constant pressure..
[/quote]Yes I realize they do, and even more if you don't create a running game. I don't think we will blitz that much because that not our defensive scheme, but when we do blitz it will be a surprise. I wish we did play the defensive schemes that Vidor plays, it's exciting but they don't just blitz everybody only teams with no running game. You will get one one coverage I believe but you only have one good receiver. Hope you be there to see.

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1310340" timestamp="1351269119"]
[/quote]You can't compare Central's line with Silsbee's line, let's get real. I've seen Central play and really it's a shame that a QB of that talent has to play behind that line. And Vidor has a good line and from what I was told about that game was that Vidor was going through your line like toilet tissue and coming off the corners. [b]trust me Livingston if they choose to come off the corners, will get there a lot faster.[/b] They will not have to come off the corners and will still get there fast. They will need two players to keep #58 out of their backfield, that kid is a bull, and #12 will be in your QB face all night long. 
[/quote]
What makes you think your defense is faster than ours?

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1310472" timestamp="1351276573"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=104999.msg1310372#msg1310372 date=1351270997]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=104999.msg1310340#msg1310340 date=1351269119]
[/quote]Yes I realize they do, and even more if you don't create a running game. I don't think we will blitz that much because that not our defensive scheme, but when we do blitz it will be a surprise. I wish we did play the defensive schemes that Vidor plays, it's exciting but they don't just blitz everybody only teams with no running game. You will get one one coverage I believe but you only have one good receiver. Hope you be there to see.
[/quote]One good receiver you say?  Yes, ok.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin