Who wins this game?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Carthage
    • Jasper

Jasper 6-1 (1-0) at Carthage 6-2 (2-0)

October 26, 2012
Friday 7:30

We have the only two undefeated teams in district left playing each other. Jasper comes off a big homecoming win against Diboll at home 45-0 and Carthage comes back home after beating a previous undefeated Center team 45-29. Should be a fantastic game.

Who ya got in this one?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1305877" timestamp="1350772878"]
I hope Jasper wins this one, but I doubt it. I predict 35-21 Carthage
[/quote]
That seems about right. The real match will be between Jasper and Center for second.

Center had it being a 9 point game until Carthage scored on the very last play of the game. I could see Jasper winning if it was at home, but it being at Carthage I predict Carthage wins by no more then 10 points. Should be a good game and hopefully a lot of Jasper's fan base will show up. Carthage has a beautiful field with a brand new nice TV so I hear. lol

[quote name="Axe Em Jacks" post="1305884" timestamp="1350773957"]
Center had it being a 9 point game until Carthage scored on the very last play of the game. I could see Jasper winning if it was at home, but it being at Carthage I predict Carthage wins by no more then 10 points. Should be a good game and hopefully a lot of Jasper's fan base will show up. Carthage has a beautiful field with a brand new nice TV so I hear. lol
[/quote]
The score was closer than the game actually was. Carthage took a 14 point lead to start the game and never let Center get control. Carthage never really put in gear but the game was never close to being in question. I am anxious to see exactly how good Jasper is, I currently believe they are slightly better than Center but we will know for certain in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck Jasper, hope you win district. Carthage is beatable this year. Carthage had their hands full with Center and if I remember right Center only beat Buna by 3 points. Jasper is a lot better team than Buna(no disrespect to Buna). Jasper wins this one . Carthage is not the dominate team that they were two years ago.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1305949" timestamp="1350781049"]
Good luck Jasper, hope you win district. Carthage is beatable this year. Carthage had their hands full with Center and if I remember right Center only beat Buna by 3 points. Jasper is a lot better team than Buna(no disrespect to Buna). Jasper wins this one . Carthage is not the dominate team that they were two years ago.
[/quote]
Center is not the same team they were when they played Buna.

[quote name="Axe Em Jacks" post="1306049" timestamp="1350787867"]
Like I said I predict Carthage to pull this game out, but I would by no means be surprised if Jasper won. I mean they were competitive against WOS and they shot their selves in the foots in that game with mistakes. Should be a great game and I look forward to being there.
[/quote]

Forced mistakes... The WOS defense dominated that game.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1306120" timestamp="1350792825"]
[quote author=Axe Em Jacks link=topic=104976.msg1306049#msg1306049 date=1350787867]
Like I said I predict Carthage to pull this game out, but I would by no means be surprised if Jasper won. I mean they were competitive against WOS and they shot their selves in the foots in that game with mistakes. Should be a great game and I look forward to being there.
[/quote] Wos is a great team.They were really tough on defense. They scored 14 points off our turnovers. But that's in the past Carthage is a tough team also. As long as we don't turn it over Jasper should be alright. No disrespect to Carthage but I don't think we will see another defense like WOS

Forced mistakes... The WOS defense dominated that game.
[/quote]

[quote name="ctown81" post="1306564" timestamp="1350859009"]
Carthage by 21. Trust me, the Center game was not as close as it looks. Every team is beatable but I think we take this friday night.
[/quote]
on the Center radio, they said it was "much closer" than the score indicated.  ;D  homerisms!

I listened to the Center station also. Carthage did score at the end but the lead was never really in danger. The Center guys were upset about the double digit loss. Carthage stud DL got ejected and they ran the ball all over us at that point on the last couple of drives.

I would make Carthage a 2 td favorite but the ride to Carthage is a long one on a yellow dog. Jasper could surprise me and pull it off but it's one of those things I have to see to believe.

[quote name="ctown81" post="1306593" timestamp="1350861630"]
I listened to the Center station also. Carthage did score at the end but the lead was never really in danger. The Center guys were upset about the double digit loss. Carthage stud DL got ejected and they ran the ball all over us at that point on the last couple of drives.

I would make Carthage a 2 td favorite but the ride to Carthage is a long one on a yellow dog. Jasper could surprise me and pull it off but it's one of those things I have to see to believe.
[/quote]
DL got pulled not ejected.

[quote name="ctown81" post="1306601" timestamp="1350863074"]
I was at the mercy of the Center broadcast team. Do you know what happened?
[/quote]
I am not sure, Surratt was in a heated discussion with him following some un-sportsman like behavior. He remained on the sidelines which lead me to draw the conclusion that he was not ejected.

I see the score being similar to the Carthage/Center game. I hope Jasper proves me wrong. The offense is still not clicking on all cylinders. Yes, I know we've had some high scoring games. But against good teams, the offensive woes really show.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin