NEDERLAND AT PORT NECHES-GROVES BROADCAST/Nederland wins 37-12!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland has a good team, but they won't be in Dallas!
When was the last time you saw a team win a 4A state title with Defense alone. LT and Aledo both had great offenses to go along with good defenses. Nederland offense is not bad, just not State Title good.

Good Luck Dogs.

Gee, I think our RB had 150+ yards tonight. Maybe another 180 yards passing. We seemed to abandon the run on a couple series. I thought the running game was clicking. We scored 30 points tonight on offense......7 on defense. What is expected from a high school team? I have also seen us play much better. Our offense isn't bad at all.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1305248" timestamp="1350703855"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=104903.msg1305222#msg1305222 date=1350703231]
PNG saving power again,  the score was off before the game ended. :) :)
[/quote] [b]did they cut the lights too?[/b] that happened at a Abilene Wylie game i went to couple years back.
[/quote]

I think they turned of their message board too...

To be honest,  I don't see how Ned is ranked so high.  If they couldn't do more damage to PNG than that,  they should drop this week.  Take away the stooooopid throw, for the pic 6,, when we were about to score,  and this game has a totally different look.

I agree,  that NED could have run on us all night,  w/o ever having to throw,  but when they did,  they were very effective (against a secondary that is almost non-existent???)

Ned was just not that impressive.  Heck,  WOS, LCM and Summer Creek actually gave us a good ol' fashioned butt-whoopin (as stated above),  but not Nederland.

They are good,  but not as good as their ranking.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1305166" timestamp="1350702084"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=104903.msg1305162#msg1305162 date=1350702015]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104903.msg1305152#msg1305152 date=1350701895]
:o did he say ned fans sitting on png side. i thought this wasn't allowed.
[/quote]

I doubt it. probably some of those fans with half ned half png shirts.
[/quote]
Those people actually exist? i thought that was against the moral laws of mid county lmao!
[/quote]

Lol.  There are Grandparents that have grandkids that play on both teams.  I see a few every year on the Ned side as well.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1305340" timestamp="1350706664"]
To be honest,  I don't see how Ned is ranked so high.  If they couldn't do more damage to PNG than that,  they should drop this week.  Take away the stooooopid throw, for the pic 6,, when we were about to score,  and this game has a totally different look.

I agree,  that NED could have run on us all night,  w/o ever having to throw,  but when they did,  they were very effective (against a secondary that is almost non-existent???)

Ned was just not that impressive.  Heck,  WOS, LCM and Summer Creek actually gave us a good ol' fashioned butt-whoopin (as stated above),  but not Nederland.

They are good,  but not as good as their ranking.
[/quote]

Its a rivalry game.  Usually the score is not that bad.  Ned will have to clean up the penalties, but other wise they put on PNG pretty well.  I don't know why they went away from Hopkins, but they didn't come out flat in the first half like they did against the previous 2 teams.  Up 20-6 by half,  and probably got almost 400 yards against PNG's D.

[quote name="baddog" post="1305350" timestamp="1350706898"]
Man, I thought a 25 point win was a butt whipping. Where do butt whippings start......30?
[/quote]

Now think about it Baddog,  shouldn't a state ranked,  top 10 team,  playing a 2-8 team that has given up probably 300 points so far this season, beat a down team like that by40 points or more?  I predicted that we would lose by 50!  That's how ineffective we have been this season.
Forget the rivalry aspect,  because a playoff scenario will be more vital.  Ned should have REALLY beat us to a pulp,  but it just didn't happen.

Nederland is certainly not playing to it's full potential, that is pretty obvious to everyone, I would think Neumann would be the first to admit it.  I would say we're at about 70% of our full potential, we just can't seem to put it all together.  I can see why Proud wouldn't be impressed.

Baddog,
True.  I just expected to see a total blow-out.  Our D is just not that good.  And we hadn't played a state ranked team until tonight.
That's why I've said what I have about Ned.  Just didn't see any real fire power like we've been subject to this yr.

Good Luck in the play-offs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami