NEDERLAND AT PORT NECHES-GROVES BROADCAST/Nederland wins 37-12!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="NDNation" post="1305592" timestamp="1350747791"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104903.msg1305587#msg1305587 date=1350746990]
PNG can't stand Nederland having a good year when they are down.. I don't want to see an purple on our side during the playoffs. Stay home and maybe read a book on how to lose with dignity. You know just like everyone else does that Nederland can beat any team in 19-4A if they don't play sloppy. Last night was very sloppy for Nederland and yet we still put up 37 points and crammed the ball down your throat all night when you had 8 or 9 guys in the box. I'd love to see run/pass ratio because I can promise you, had Nederland gone to Kimler more down the field, it would've been a lot worse. He had a foot height advantage over that DB.. But we didn't have to. Our O-line imposed its will against the Png defense..
[/quote]
Try winning with dignity. Top 10 team...act like you been there before.
[/quote]
Try losing with dignity.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord people, we got beat by the better team last night. Take away the mistakes, I still think we would have lost. Is what it is. What I witnessed last night was the 2012 Indians. Mistakes, and by mistakes I mean ave 3 turnovers a game, all year have made the scores worse. First time I have seen the snapping go to crap though. But, I think we did better last night than in most games. I hope we win another game, but doesn't look good. I will be there cheering them on though. I hope Nederland goes to State. If PN-G can't go I will be pushing for the Dogs all the way. As far as Summer Creek, I think the dogs can take them. Defensive front would do good against that running back.

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1305676" timestamp="1350755655"]
Good Lord people, we got beat by the better team last night. Take away the mistakes, I still think we would have lost. Is what it is. What I witnessed last night was the 2012 Indians. Mistakes, and by mistakes I mean ave 3 turnovers a game, all year have made the scores worse. First time I have seen the snapping go to crap though. But, I think we did better last night than in most games. I hope we win another game, but doesn't look good. I will be there cheering them on though. I hope Nederland goes to State. If PN-G can't go I will be pushing for the Dogs all the way. As far as Summer Creek, I think the dogs can take them. Defensive front would do good against that running back.
[/quote]

+1... At least one person that's not a hater. I guess we should've won by 50 and then maybe we would have a decent team.. But winning by 25 points is just garbage at MCM. The Dogs are terrible... I don't know how theyve even won a game...

[quote name="DogsDLine" post="1305623" timestamp="1350750434"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=104903.msg1305592#msg1305592 date=1350747791]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104903.msg1305587#msg1305587 date=1350746990]
PNG can't stand Nederland having a good year when they are down.. I don't want to see an purple on our side during the playoffs. Stay home and maybe read a book on how to lose with dignity. You know just like everyone else does that Nederland can beat any team in 19-4A if they don't play sloppy. Last night was very sloppy for Nederland and yet we still put up 37 points and crammed the ball down your throat all night when you had 8 or 9 guys in the box. I'd love to see run/pass ratio because I can promise you, had Nederland gone to Kimler more down the field, it would've been a lot worse. He had a foot height advantage over that DB.. But we didn't have to. Our O-line imposed its will against the Png defense..
[/quote]
Try winning with dignity. Top 10 team...act like you been there before.
[/quote]
Try losing with dignity.
[/quote]

Did you not read the post I was quoted...thats what I was addressing.

Good Luck Dogs in the playoffs! The better team won..no doubt. Not our year thats for sure. Indians...lets go down with some grace. We won't be down forever

It sounds like some of you think that the records of the teams should decide what margin the score should be. That is plainly silly especially for the Nederland/PNG game.  All week all you could hear was (throw the records out for this game because it is a rivalry game). And rivalry game does not even give justice to MCM. If you think the level of intensity PNG had with Summer Creek was the same as with Nederland then you don't know a thing about the Nederland PN-G game history.  I'm a bulldog fan and I never for a minute thought we would beat you guys by a really lopsided score, the reason is those young men (both sides) have way too much pride, some of the folks on this thread find it easier to say well the bulldogs are not as good as their ranking because we did'nt score enough. Maybe you guys should openly give some credit to your Indians for battling the dogs hard. I havn't heard much of that.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1305719" timestamp="1350758932"]
It sounds like some of you think that the records of the teams should decide what margin the score should be. That is plainly silly especially for the Nederland/PNG game.  All week all you could hear was (throw the records out for this game because it is a rivalry game). And rivalry game does not even give justice to MCM. If you think the level of intensity PNG had with Summer Creek was the same as with Nederland then you don't know a thing about the Nederland PN-G game history.  I'm a bulldog fan and I never for a minute thought we would beat you guys by a really lopsided score, the reason is those young men (both sides) have way too much pride, some of the folks on this thread find it easier to say well the bulldogs are not as good as their ranking because we did'nt score enough. Maybe you guys should openly give some credit to your Indians for battling the dogs hard. I havn't heard much of that.
[/quote]

I agree Knoddy, they played hard. For all those PNG fans that keep talking about there center going bad last night, you don't think for one minuet that having Brock Pryor at 275 and Caleb Malveaux at 300 across the line from you might have just a little bit to do with the bad snaps?

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1305864" timestamp="1350771586"]
[quote author=Knoddy1 link=topic=104903.msg1305719#msg1305719 date=1350758932]
[/quote]

I agree Knoddy, they played hard. For all those PNG fans that keep talking about there center going bad last night, you don't think for one minuet that having Brock Pryor at 275 and Caleb Malveaux at 300 across the line from you might have just a little bit to do with the bad snaps?
[/quote]

Or the fact that they switched a G to C from last week. Great game by the Bulldogs. Defense is feisty and offense can bring it when they need to. Better team won last night. Nederland will represent 20-4A well and everybody in our district will be backing them i'm sure.

As a PNG fan I am so embarrassed seeing all these comments downing Nederland. SMH. Sorry to tell everyone the better team one and there is not a person at that game that can deny it. Let never have the lime light because those boys deserve it. You all know that if hell froze over and PNG would have won last night that every single PNG fan on this board would have been on here running their mouths. Please just stop and congratulate the Bulldogs on the win and move on.  Good Luck in the playoffs Nederland this Indian will be pulling for you.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1305874" timestamp="1350772455"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=104903.msg1305864#msg1305864 date=1350771586]
[quote author=Knoddy1 link=topic=104903.msg1305719#msg1305719 date=1350758932]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Or the fact that they switched a G to C from last week. Great game by the Bulldogs. Defense is feisty and offense can bring it when they need to. Better team won last night. Nederland will represent 20-4A well and everybody in our district will be backing them i'm sure.
[/quote]

That would not make your day a lot better! Tough enough to make that switch any time but the week of MCM would make it even worse.

Like I stated in my post yesterday and last night after the game, Nederland has a great team. The better team won last night. PNG needs alot of work, and hope they can build something for next year. I will be at all the Nederland playoff game supporting the dogs. And to some of my fellow NDN posters who gives a dang who has morn fans. The real fans is all that count, not the mass. Stop with the excuse, we got our butts handed to us....End of story!!!!

[quote name="baddog" post="1305887" timestamp="1350774542"]
Cheermom and PinoNDN, thanks for two great posts. We Ned faithful, save a few, appreciate the character it takes to work through defeat and give congrats to the victor. Our boys have worked very hard to be where they are and deserve to be recognized.
[/quote]

+ 100 

[quote name="songone" post="1306268" timestamp="1350828507"]
Will PNG make the playoffs this year?
[/quote]Funny thing is that there is still an outside chance should we win out the rest of the games. Now here in the real world. Vidor next week....yikes!!! But, like they always say crazier things have happened ??? To be honest if we keep turning the ball over we just won't win...plain and simple....Again, I am for the Dogs to go the remainder of the way undefeated. If they do, does anyone know if they would go big school after district?

1            2            3            4              Total
Nederland      13            7          7            10              37
PN-G              0              6          6              0                12

Scoring summary
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 10-yard run (kick), 7:14, 1st.
NED -- Carson Raines 1-yard run (pass failed), 1:53, 1st.
PNG -- Avery Murdock 30-yard pass from Jeremiah Rose (pass failed), 10:04, 2nd.
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 8-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 4:44, 2nd.
NED -- Michael Shaw 20-yard pass from Carson Raines (Tanner Noel kick), 6:15, 3rd.
PNG -- Tim Clopton 21-yard pass from A.J. Smith (kick failed), 2:26, 3rd.
NED -- Tanner Noel 34-yard field goal, 5:47, 4th.
NED -- Jordan Wood 85-yard interception return (Tanner Noel kick), 2:30, 4th.

Team Stats

Nederland                          PN-G
Total yards                          367                                273
First downs                          18                                  15
Rushes/Yds                        39/204                            32/104
Average rush                      5.23                              3.25
Comp/Atts                        8/16/0                          13/27/2
Pass yards                          163                                169
Comp pct                            50                                48.15
Fumbles/Lost                      0/0                                5/1
Penalties-yards                  8-76                              5-60

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1306272" timestamp="1350829091"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=104903.msg1306268#msg1306268 date=1350828507]
Will PNG make the playoffs this year?
[/quote]Funny thing is that there is still an outside chance should we win out the rest of the games. Now here in the real world. Vidor next week....yikes!!! But, like they always say crazier things have happened ??? To be honest if we keep turning the ball over we just won't win...plain and simple....Again, I am for the Dogs to go the remainder of the way undefeated. If they do, does anyone know if they would go big school after district?
[/quote]
Yes Nederland will go big school in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder