Kountze Lions and Newton Eagles "THE MAGIC 8 BALL SAYS.......?"

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1300088" timestamp="1350183186"]
Newton will win by how ever many they wont in this game but I really dont think they will run the score up on kountze. They ran the score up on EC for A reason!!!!!!!!!!    JMO
[/quote]
They ran up the score on ec because they know ec is the next best in the district.. and i'm not sure if kountze loses less than 74-7 if that means they have a better defense.. After the 3rd touchdowns you could tell on ec players faces that the game was over. That had some reason for them losing that bad.. When they said Newton by however many they want i didn't believe it til i saw it. Newton wins this. I'm never good at predicting scores but i say Newton by +28

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Newton is that strong and physical than the first quarter will tell the story. If the score gets out of hand than as a coach I would play to preserve injury. If score in the 1st indicates a dog fight than as a coach you have to stay in the fight. FACING THE GIANTS...great movie...the funny part is giants do fall. Newton is very good and Kountze is a building program amped in young determination. 74-0...68-07...63-24...100-0 (not that anyone said that...just dramatics, but someone did say they could score as much as they wanted so why not a hundred) My point is simple, if your Kountze go into this game with the intentions of winning, pick a dog fight with a bigger stronger but predictable opponent, sink your teeth in and don't let go, but at the same time this is just one battle in the war. Winning the war is akin to making the playoffs, so you can't afford to heavy a losses for a lost cause either. I love football and the simplicity of the physical side and the strategical metal side of the game and balance of that can sometimes snatch the prize from the jaws of victory and deliver a mouth full of defeat.   

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="sport1971" post="1300952" timestamp="1350309733"]
If Newton is that strong and physical than the first quarter will tell the story. If the score gets out of hand than as a coach I would play to preserve injury. If score in the 1st indicates a dog fight than as a coach you have to stay in the fight. [b]FACING THE GIANTS...great movie[/b]...the funny part is giants do fall. Newton is very good and Kountze is a building program amped in young determination. 74-0...68-07...63-24...100-0 (not that anyone said that...just dramatics, but someone did say they could score as much as they wanted so why not a hundred) My point is simple, if your Kountze go into this game with the intentions of winning, pick a dog fight with a bigger stronger but predictable opponent, sink your teeth in and don't let go, but at the same time this is just one battle in the war. Winning the war is akin to making the playoffs, so you can't afford to heavy a losses for a lost cause either. I love football and the simplicity of the physical side and the strategical metal side of the game and balance of that can sometimes snatch the prize from the jaws of victory and deliver a mouth full of defeat. 
[/quote]

That's a movie that does not happen very often in real life.. Newton will win this game by whatever they want to win it by.  Kountze has not a played a good team yet this season and they think they are good come on be realistic... Newton is going to dominate this game just like they do to Kountze every season

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1301020" timestamp="1350313587"]
[quote author=sport1971 link=topic=104633.msg1300952#msg1300952 date=1350309733]
If Newton is that strong and physical than the first quarter will tell the story. If the score gets out of hand than as a coach I would play to preserve injury. If score in the 1st indicates a dog fight than as a coach you have to stay in the fight. [b]FACING THE GIANTS...great movie[/b]...the funny part is giants do fall. Newton is very good and Kountze is a building program amped in young determination. 74-0...68-07...63-24...100-0 (not that anyone said that...just dramatics, but someone did say they could score as much as they wanted so why not a hundred) My point is simple, if your Kountze go into this game with the intentions of winning, pick a dog fight with a bigger stronger but predictable opponent, sink your teeth in and don't let go, but at the same time this is just one battle in the war. Winning the war is akin to making the playoffs, so you can't afford to heavy a losses for a lost cause either. I love football and the simplicity of the physical side and the strategical metal side of the game and balance of that can sometimes snatch the prize from the jaws of victory and deliver a mouth full of defeat. 
[/quote]

That's a movie that does not happen very often in real life.. Newton will win this game by whatever they want to win it by.  Kountze has not a played a good team yet this season and they think they are good come on be realistic... Newton is going to dominate this game just like they do to Kountze every season
[/quote]I think by my statement I am not making any statement of domination or for sure victory...as a matter of fact I think I was being pretty real in my over sublimation of the situation. I will restate the obvious without any fluff dialog. Kountze will play to win, but if Newtons strength and physicality prevails early in the game and to continue to play with our starting mind set means to sacrifice injury and the rest of the season than one has to retool the game plan. Look It is a fact that great teams get beat by lesser teams...FACT, but I am under no illusions as how good Newton is and the possible outcomes of this game.   

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECbucs#1!" post="1300727" timestamp="1350262769"]
They ran up the score on ec because they know ec is the next best in the district..
[/quote]

They ran the score up because they are still insanely bitter about being 0-2 (before this last game) vs. EC since being aligned into this district. They might win 99-0 next year and "climb" to .500 vs. EC.  :) 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1301042" timestamp="1350315443"]
[quote author=ECbucs#1! link=topic=104633.msg1300727#msg1300727 date=1350262769]
They ran up the score on ec because they know ec is the next best in the district..
[/quote]

They ran the score up because they are still insanely bitter about being 0-2 (before this last game) vs. EC since being aligned into this district. They might win 99-0 next year and "climb" to .500 vs. EC.  :)
[/quote]

Funny how your memory conveniently only goes back a few years and prefaced with "since being aligned into this district" and you can make references like it has always been that way. Until someone says "We ain't played anyone any good yet". 8) This is about Newton and Kountze now. :)

[quote author=ECbucs#1! link=topic=104633.msg1300727#msg1300727 date=1350262769]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Newton now leads the series 6-2!! East Chambers might win the next 4 meetings and "climb" to .500 vs Newton. :)

[/quote]

[/quote].sounds like someone is still trying to get over the blowout [tt] ;D[/tt]

[quote name="NewtonNation" post="1301075" timestamp="1350317446"]
Sport1971,
Last year the Lions were fired up and matched Newton td for td for the first three scores. I expect they will be fired up this year as well. Can't wait till Friday!!
[/quote] when Newton Wins its a blowout,  East chambers will never blow Newton out., there just good at catching Newton in a bad year and barely winning..  Kirbyville gonna beat them this week.

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1301739" timestamp="1350390346"]
[quote author=NewtonNation link=topic=104633.msg1301075#msg1301075 date=1350317446]
Sport1971,
Last year the Lions were fired up and matched Newton td for td for the first three scores. I expect they will be fired up this year as well. Can't wait till Friday!!
[/quote] when Newton Wins its a blowout,  East chambers will never blow Newton out., there just good at catching Newton in a bad year and barely winning..  Kirbyville gonna beat them this week.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? I was talking about last years game against Kountze. :o

[quote name="SFAJACK02" post="1299965" timestamp="1350174840"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=104633.msg1299958#msg1299958 date=1350174159]
[quote author=SFAJACK02 link=topic=104633.msg1299933#msg1299933 date=1350171073]
[quote author=deputy20 link=topic=104633.msg1299800#msg1299800 date=1350161643]
Sfajack02 must have been the best end guard tackle and assistant pee wee coach in his day
[/quote]

As for your smart comment, I actually played DB and WR in Woodville from 96-98 and was a finalist for the Willie Ray Smith Award in 96 and was first team all-district in football and baseball. Played at SFA. Also Newton beat us 21-14 the year they won state AND we NEVER even had to worry about Kountze. O one more thing to mention, [b]only 2 teams made the playoffs when I played and you had to be good to get in![/b]!! Also we gave Kountze a run in basketball. Game, Set, SFA!!! LOL. Your rebuttle please? I had to go Joe Biden on ya hahaha!!! Did you even play sports?
[/quote]

Well when I played you had to be better than good, only 1 team made the playoffs.
SFA please dont turn into another Kvillecats ;D, we all know how good Newton is. 8)
[/quote]

[b]Right and I am not I just want people to see the reality in things. [b]Kville doesnt have a leg to stand on right now  ;D

I hope Newton doesn't win by no more than 35, after that big of a gap I lose interest in the game but if you like blow-outs, go south to Refugio. I hear they kick on-side kicks being up by 35 and still passing when they are up 70-7. Last week E. C. got in quick-sand and I hope there team can realize that it can happen to a good team. then blow it off and come back next friday ready to play. JMHO

[quote name="ECbucs#1!" post="1300727" timestamp="1350262769"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=104633.msg1300088#msg1300088 date=1350183186]
Newton will win by how ever many they wont in this game but I really dont think they will run the score up on kountze. They ran the score up on EC for A reason!!!!!!!!!!    JMO
[/quote]
They ran up the score on ec because they know ec is the next best in the district.. and i'm not sure if kountze loses less than 74-7 if that means they have a better defense.. After the 3rd touchdowns you could tell on ec players faces that the game was over. That had some reason for them losing that bad.. When they said Newton by however many they want i didn't believe it til i saw it. Newton wins this. I'm never good at predicting scores but i say Newton by +28
[/quote][b][/b]Newton didn't run up the score........E.C. ( according to You ) saw that the game was over. Does that mean that they quite? Not all of the E.C. Players laid down, they were just knocked off their game plan and were overwhelmed by the Eagles.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder