Anderson-Shiro at Hemphill Game Thread/Hemphill wins 35-14!

WOSgrad

Guest momof2hornets
Justin is out due to a particular injury, the doctor has not released him yet. I'm his mom and I won't let him come back until he's healthy. Period.

I've got a son that will graduate this year. He has always played football, baseball, and did powerlifting. Keeping him healthy through all three has been a nightmare. I can fully understand a guy with the ability and future that Justin has wanting to focus on his first passion. Anyone tha has watched him play both sports can tell you that he is a baseball player first and an all around good kid. I wish him luck in his future endeavors. I would also like to wish the Hornets good luck with the rest of their season!

[quote name="greenhornet" post="1299981" timestamp="1350176872"]
Justin is out due to a particular injury, the doctor has not released him yet. I'm his mom and I won't let him come back until he's healthy. Period.
[/quote]
If he was my son and had A chance to go where he does in baseball he would not see A football field JMO Good luck to Justin and HH we will be seeing yall in 2 weeks

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1300095" timestamp="1350183567"]
[quote author=greenhornet link=topic=104579.msg1299981#msg1299981 date=1350176872]
[/quote]
If he was my son and had A chance to go where he does in baseball he would not see A football field JMO Good luck to Justin and HH we will be seeing yall in 2 weeks
[/quote]

Thats exactly why Hornet Football is in the state its in.....too many parents trying to tell these kids to specialize in one sport......its a small school and like most small schools,they need their athletes to play everything to be successful in everything.  It never hurt anyone playing multiple sports.  Their is a risk in everything........We risk our lives driving down the road...I hope the Twine kid get healthy so he can be successful in whatever he chooses.  Too many people in that town have been in his and his family's ear on just concentrating on baseball......let them (justin and his family) make there own decisions on what he wants to do....

Sorry, Wildcat, you're wrong on this one. I know Justin's parents, and nobody is dictating to them what to do. Thank you, Mary, for looking out for the interest of Justin. I truly miss seeing him run the football on Friday nights, but my first concern is his health. I hope he can come back and finish the season, but it's certainly not worth risking a more serious injury. What kind of parent would let their son play football if the doctor said no?  That's what I thought. :)

[quote name="rlsmith1975" post="1300419" timestamp="1350235866"]
Sorry, Wildcat, you're wrong on this one. I know Justin's parents, and nobody is dictating to them what to do. Thank you, Mary, for looking out for the interest of Justin. I truly miss seeing him run the football on Friday nights, but my first concern is his health. I hope he can come back and finish the season, but it's certainly not worth risking a more serious injury. What kind of parent would let their son play football if the doctor said no?  That's what I thought. :)
[/quote]
I agree with you. It's hard enough keeping an athlete healthy for one sport, much less two or three. Let's be honest, every team that plays Hemphill knows that if they take can put Justin Twine on the bench that their chances of winning go up a bunch! That's a lot of pressure to put on one mans shoulders evry friday! IMO it's a small miracle that he hasn't been injured before now. I hope he has a speedy recvovery and wish him well in whatever he decides to do.

This young man doesn't need to rush his recovery.  Those in the know will decide when it is safe and reasonable for him to once again compete at his highest level.  Don't forget that Justin is a tremendous track athlete also.  He doesn't need to jeapordize further injury that will hamper his performance in any spring sport.  Good Luck the rest of this school year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder