A Top Ten matchup this week:#6 WS vs.#10 Alto

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1303111" timestamp="1350515434"]
[quote author=JesseJames link=topic=104376.msg1302614#msg1302614 date=1350485996]
[quote author=pinelandflash link=topic=104376.msg1302563#msg1302563 date=1350482518]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=104376.msg1302518#msg1302518 date=1350478418]
Alto is going to be a serious test for WS as will WS for Alto.  Alto will be the most athletic and complete team WS has faced in the past couple years.  Both teams will have to execute and take care of the ball to win this one.  Either way it should be a good night of football.
[/quote]

I agree. Will be a serious test for WS. Alto's QB and RB will be probably the most athletic we will face all season. The team that executes the best will be the victor of this one...........
[/quote]
Maybe not all season.........Hubbard probably runs the ball harder than Davis did last year, Taylor is like trying to catch lightning, don't forget about Thomas he'll sneek one in on you when your not looking, plus when Tanner decides to tuck the ball and run he makes you sorry that you stepped in the way, oh yea and we have Davis' little brother who showed some awesome break away speed last week against Grapeland! (That's just on Offense)

This should be a really good game! I'm interested to see how both teams perform in this one. Good Luck and safe Travels!
[/quote]

I've sen SA this year, Alto is just as athletic as SA, only difference is mostly all SA are Srs. and Alto's is Jr./Sophs.

Alto's QB/RB tandem are pretty talented, don't forget those big/fast WR's on outside either!
[/quote]
There will definitely be some games worth watching in this district the next few weeks!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen all 3 teams in person.  West Sabine's offense is better than Alto folks and San Augustine folks are giving them credit. West Sabine is vulnerable to the pass, but their run D in incredible.  They are fast and physical. I was a WS hater till I watched them play Tenaha.  They are fast and athletic, from what I hear, they are mostly sophmores and juniors as well.  And the best athlete they will see all year, they have already seen,  that Twine kid from Hemphill. #2 from Alto, Taylor, and Hubbard are outmatched compared to Twine or number 5, 4, 32, 30, 1,  or 12 from West Sabine.  All three wowed me!  Tradition, they have never won it, but have been very deep in playoffs numerous times including semi-finals I believe.  Top 3 teams from your district will be WS, Alto, and SA in that particular order.  That being said, this is why we play the games, it could easily go several others ways, but that is my prediction.  No one knows who is the best for sure, if they think they do, they are an idiot!  Too close to call 100%

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I can tell how good Hemphill and Twine was by their record. These next 3 weeks will tell alot about these three teams. I can't say anything about Alto beacuse I haven't seen them play. They are always tough though. The only WS game I watched was against Hemphill and they let a very anemic Hornet team score over 40 points against them. As far as Sa goes, They have improved dramatically since 0 week. We do have a bunch of Srs. back this year but there are a bunch of those kids that are having to play positions that some of them have never played before this year. They are starting to gel very well on both sides of the ball. All three of these matchups should definitely be worth watching. 

[quote name="RamTough" post="1303477" timestamp="1350573508"]
I have seen all 3 teams in person.  West Sabine's offense is better than Alto folks and San Augustine folks are giving them credit. West Sabine is vulnerable to the pass, but their run D in incredible.  They are fast and physical. I was a WS hater till I watched them play Tenaha.  They are fast and athletic, from what I hear, they are mostly sophmores and juniors as well.  And the best athlete they will see all year, they have already seen,  that Twine kid from Hemphill. #2 from Alto, Taylor, and Hubbard are outmatched compared to Twine or number 5, 4, 32, 30, 1,  or 12 from West Sabine.  All three wowed me!  Tradition, they have never won it, but have been very deep in playoffs numerous times including semi-finals I believe.  Top 3 teams from your district will be WS, Alto, and SA in that particular order.  That being said, this is why we play the games, it could easily go several others ways, but that is my prediction.  No one knows who is the best for sure, if they think they do, they are an idiot!  Too close to call 100%
[/quote]

made the semis in 02. lost to Celeste at Tyler. My nephew was starting TE and LB. Best TEAM (emphasize that word) we have had since then in my opinion........

[quote name="STINGER" post="1303528" timestamp="1350578627"]
Jesse,

Did y'all finally get smart in SA and put a muzzle on TheWolverine and jlc, haven't heard a peep from either of them this week????  lol......    How are the two young men that were injured from SA last week doing??
[/quote]
Let sleeping dogs lie...........lol! The guys are doing good. I think they will probably play it safe and rest them this week. They should be ready next week though.

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1303566" timestamp="1350582014"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=104376.msg1303528#msg1303528 date=1350578627]
Jesse,

Did y'all finally get smart in SA and put a muzzle on TheWolverine and jlc, haven't heard a peep from either of them this week????  lol......    How are the two young men that were injured from SA last week doing??
[/quote]
Let sleeping dogs lie...........lol! The guys are doing good. I think they will probably play it safe and rest them this week. They should be ready next week though.
[/quote]That's good to hear.  I was talking with the father of one of the injured players and he sure thought that both might be lost for the season. 

ey, im here lol, been abusy two weeks. heres my observation. past scores mean NOTHING!!!! SA if playing mistake free and smart football is still the team to beat imo. Everyone is looking at their two losses, well go look at tyler graces schedule!!! and go look athe the stats vs garrison . it was a loss but Sa is loaded!! As for WS it seems to me that they are going to be tough, still dont think they will beat SA or Alto. For one Alto will be very tough as always and im telling you this WS will walk into the most hostile environment in a long time next week at SA. so my top three are SA,Alto, WS. and if you look at it. all three have a shot a state along with mart. Our guys are ready and prepared for WS and Alto.and at ramfan, there is one guy on WS that is maybe better than SA's rb's thats lacey. thats it. as for alto i think their qb is a beast!!! so, there you go no bashing here, just have seen all three teams myself as well.  and also SA has both WS and Alto at home. go SA

[quote name="jlc2010" post="1303782" timestamp="1350597654"]
ey, im here lol, been abusy two weeks. heres my observation. past scores mean NOTHING!!!! SA if playing mistake free and smart football is still the team to beat imo. Everyone is looking at their two losses, well go look at tyler graces schedule!!! and go look athe the stats vs garrison . it was a loss but Sa is loaded!! As for WS it seems to me that they are going to be tough, still dont think they will beat SA or Alto. For one Alto will be very tough as always and im telling you this WS will walk into the most hostile environment in a long time next week at SA. so my top three are SA,Alto, WS. and if you look at it. all three have a shot a state along with mart. Our guys are ready and prepared for WS and Alto.and at ramfan, there is one guy on WS that is maybe better than SA's rb's thats lacey. thats it. as for alto i think their qb is a beast!!! so, there you go no bashing here, just have seen all three teams myself as well.  and also SA has both WS and Alto at home. go SA
[/quote]Glad to see you back jlc!!  SA having both Alto and WS at home is definately an advantage.  As I've stated before it will be a dog fight between these three to the finish but I will follow all through the playoffs.......  BUT MAN, WS HAS to win at SA otherwise I will not be able to talk to you and CB for a whole year!!!  And for some weird reason (outside of football season) I like visiting with you guys!!! lol

[quote name="jlc2010" post="1303782" timestamp="1350597654"]
thats it. as for alto i think their qb is a beast!!! so, there you go no bashing here, just have seen all three teams myself as well. 
[/quote]

The QB you are thinking of #2 Whitaker is primarily at RB this year, the Sturns kid #7 who transferred from Rusk last winter is Alto's primary QB this year.

[quote name="RamTough" post="1303477" timestamp="1350573508"]
[/quote]

So you're saying West Sabine has 6 players better than #2, #4, and #15 for Alto?!?!  Oh man I will definately have to be on the look tomorrow for that!  You say WS vulnerable to the pass, did you forget the size/speed of #4 and # 15 for Alto at WR??  Lacey me be fast and dance around, but I bet he aint been hit like he will tomorrow!  Ask SA if we bring the wood or not on D'.

Lacey danced around last year because he had to. This year this is a whole different team. Lacey is not a weakling either, he's use to taking big hits but you have to catch him first. Alto is not the first team who hits hard and won't be the last. Did Alto play Garrison this year? WS has played them many times and they hit hard. Alto better worry about way more than Lacey if they plan on winning cause Lacey doesn't have to score for WS to win.

[quote name="lumberjack4life" post="1303837" timestamp="1350605321"]
Lacey danced around last year because he had to. This year this is a whole different team. Lacey is not a weakling either, he's use to taking big hits but you have to catch him first. Alto is not the first team who hits hard and won't be the last. Did Alto play Garrison this year? WS has played them many times and they hit hard. Alto better worry about way more than Lacey if they plan on winning cause Lacey doesn't have to score for WS to win.
[/quote]

No Alto hasn't played Garrison this year but neither has WS.  Alto's gonna bring more to the table than Burkeville, West Hardin, and a Hemphill team team that dropped 47 on WS!

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1303945" timestamp="1350610833"]
[quote author=lumberjack4life link=topic=104376.msg1303837#msg1303837 date=1350605321]
[/quote]

No Alto hasn't played Garrison this year but neither has WS.  Alto's gonna bring more to the table than Burkeville, West Hardin, and a Hemphill team team that dropped 47 on WS!

Man I can't wait till tomorrow night!!!! All geeked up already!!!!
[/quote]

I'm not saying they don't. My point is that Lacey knows how to take a hit. He's bigger and stronger than last year so it really doesn't matter who WS plays he tough enough to handle it. Anyway, Groveton beat Alto, Shelbyville beat Groveton, WS waxed Shelbyville. How ironic....Seriously dude, WS is not worried about ALTO in my opinion (my opinion not WS's). We will see what happens at the game though...to be continued.

One thing you can't do in HS football is compare scores with common opponents. It may make you feel good that your team beat an opponent by a bigger margin than someone else, but it doesn't prove anything. Teams change from week to week and no two games are the same. So I wouldn't put much faith in how WS has already beaten Alto by 3 degrees of seperation (Groveton beat Alto, S-ville beat Groveton, WS beat S-ville).  Still got to show up and earn it!

Excuse me but you were the one who stated how many points Hemphill put on WS, so who's comparing other games. Please don't contradict yourself. Anyway, I know it's anyone's game on any given night. I never said how much WS would win by or if they would win. I was stating facts. It doesn't matter what has happened in the past with these two teams, the grind with these two opponents start at 7:30 and that's all I'm going to say.

Your excused. We did beat Hemphill by more points than yall did ;)! That's not a contradiction! What I find amusing is this we beat somebody that beat somebody that beat yall comment. That's hilarious! Not even comparing game for game. Just random thoughts bound together with a we're not worried about Alto comment! All in fun, Good Luck to both teams and safe travels. Somebody keep us posted on the score.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder