A Top Ten matchup this week:#6 WS vs.#10 Alto

[quote name="lumberjack4life" post="1304004" timestamp="1350614695"]
I'm not saying they don't. My point is that Lacey knows how to take a hit. He's bigger and stronger than last year so it really doesn't matter who WS plays he tough enough to handle it. Anyway, Groveton beat Alto, Shelbyville beat Groveton, WS waxed Shelbyville. How ironic....Seriously dude, WS is not worried about ALTO in my opinion (my opinion not WS's). We will see what happens at the game though...to be continued.
[/quote]

Yeah we saw happened tonight didn't we lumberjack??  How you like your crow?  I told yall #2, #4, and #15 were standouts, throw in a lil sprinkle of #7.  Looks like your opinion was a load of you-know-what!  Sleep on that buddy! 8)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Sabine beat themselves.  The only ones that stopped the WS offense was WS.  The best running back in the district is #12 from WS as he showed it, #15 from alto could not catch him tonight in a foot race.  WS put themselves in a bad postion that got them out of their game.  The two TD pass plays that Alto completed to #15 were on blown coverages, nothing to do with speed.  Lacey had an off night throwing the ball which happens to all at some time.  He had #4 wide open on the first play of the game but made a error on the throw to the wrong shoulder.  Alto played well, but WS can beat them if they meet again in the playoffs.  Alto is very good and hats off to them.  Tigers are even more fired up now for SA.  Wolves better watch out.  To quote and admiral from Japan in WW2, all Alto may have done is to awaken a sleeping giant.  But only time will tell.

[quote name="500nomore" post="1305469" timestamp="1350734533"]
West Sabine beat themselves.  The only ones that stopped the WS offense was WS.  The best running back in the district is #12 from WS as he showed it, #15 from alto could not catch him tonight in a foot race.  WS put themselves in a bad postion that got them out of their game.  The two TD pass plays that Alto completed to #15 were on blown coverages, nothing to do with speed.  Lacey had an off night throwing the ball which happens to all at some time.  He had #4 wide open on the first play of the game but made a error on the throw to the wrong shoulder.  Alto played well, but WS can beat them if they meet again in the playoffs.  Alto is very good and hats off to them.  Tigers are even more fired up now for SA.  Wolves better watch out.  To quote and admiral from Japan in WW2, all Alto may have done is to awaken a sleeping giant.  But only time will tell.
[/quote]

No West Sabine didn't beat themseleves, the more physical and better TEAM won.  Like I said, yall havn't been hit all year and it showed.  WS never could stop the power run and Lacey was constantly getting put on the ground.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1305479" timestamp="1350737526"]
[quote author=500nomore link=topic=104376.msg1305469#msg1305469 date=1350734533]
[/quote]

No West Sabine didn't beat themseleves, the more physical and better TEAM won.  Like I said, yall havn't been hit all year and it showed.  WS never could stop the power run and Lacey was constantly getting put on the ground.
[/quote]
To para phrase a famous Coach, "Alto is who we thought they were, ....... GOOD!" Nice District win in a tough District, congrats.

[quote name="500nomore" post="1305469" timestamp="1350734533"]
[/quote]
Get through licking those wounds before you call somebody else out! Because this year, I will step out on a limb here and say that SA probably hits harder than Alto. See yall next week!

I guess that 3 degrees of seperation theory is shot!

Oh, and didn't Japan end up on the losing end of that little skirmish?

First of all, Altojacket it would do you well if you learned how to read. I never called anyone out, but I did reply to a post. Secondly, in all my post I never said WHO would win. Anyway, WS beat themselves. Lacey made good passes but the receiver #4 stopped running. The balls were absolutely were they needed to be. He made about 2 bad passes. The other balls were catchable and hit the receivers hands, they just didn't catch them. Alto is still not better, WS just shot themselves in the foot. Alto had no class trying to hit Lacey when he was already out of bounds, but he's still standing and ready for the Wolves. Them little hits weren't nothing!! Yea you won, but the game could have went either way. WS had way too many penalities and mistakes and the line wasn't doing their job on defense or offense. If Lacey would have been selfish he could have ran over ya'll, but he stuck to the plays being called, so on that note ya'll lucked up.

[quote name="lumberjack4life" post="1305573" timestamp="1350745745"]
First of all, Altojacket it would do you well if you learned how to read. I never called anyone out, but I did reply to a post. Secondly, in all my post I never said WHO would win. Anyway, WS beat themselves. Lacey made good passes but the receiver #4 stopped running. The balls were absolutely were they needed to be. He made about 2 bad passes. The other balls were catchable and hit the receivers hands, they just didn't catch them. Alto is still not better, WS just shot themselves in the foot. Alto had no class trying to hit Lacey when he was already out of bounds, but he's still standing and ready for the Wolves. Them little hits weren't nothing!! Yea you won, but the game could have went either way. WS had way too many penalities and mistakes and the line wasn't doing their job on defense or offense. If Lacey would have been selfish he could have ran over ya'll, but he stuck to the plays being called, so on that note ya'll lucked up.
[/quote]

WS beat themselves my @$$, the better TEAM won!  Yall finally played someone that hit ya in the mouth and had speed.  Maybe the line wasnt doing doing their job as you say cause they lined up against a BETTER OL/DL, but naw that couldn't be it right?! 

If you want to talk about "no class" WS head coach shoulda been ejected for gettin in one of our players faces on the field, and yes it happened.

I know it hurts for you to say it, but the better team won plain and simple.

You have a right to your own opinion and I have mine. And my opinion is WS beat themselves. Yea he was in your players face because they were hitting players, namely Lacey out of bounds and talking trash. I don't care what you say, Alto is irrelevant and can't and won't stop WS from reaching their goals. You beat us....WOW...what a statement. It's all about the playoffs who cares about ALTO, not WS. So on that note, enjoy the win!!!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1306274" timestamp="1350829213"]
Just wondering, what goal did yall have friday other than beating Alto?
[/quote]

He can't accept the fact that Alto is better than West Sabine and proved it Friday.  All this "WS eat themselves" crap is a joke.  Give up 40 points and thats beating yourself? 

And if he wants to start talking playoffs West Sabine aint even close to Alto when it comes to playoff success. 

He'll be crying with excuses again next week when SA wins.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1306353" timestamp="1350838010"]
[quote author=JesseJames link=topic=104376.msg1306274#msg1306274 date=1350829213]
Just wondering, what goal did yall have friday other than beating Alto?
[/quote]

[move]He[/move] can't accept the fact that Alto is better than West Sabine and proved it Friday.  All this "WS eat themselves" crap is a joke.  Give up 40 points and thats beating yourself? 

And if he wants to start talking playoffs West Sabine aint even close to Alto when it comes to playoff success. 

He'll be crying with excuses again next week when SA wins.
[/quote]

Lacey is scared of Sa.  Sa knocked him out for the season his sophmore year.  He was not effective last year when we whooped em down. 35-0

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1306557" timestamp="1350858293"]
WS has alot more speed than some of the guys you played..........WS will rebound in a close one 36-28
[/quote]
SA has had alot of problems over the years, but can anyone ever remember speed being an issue? If SA shows up with mentally prepared this week, they will be succesful!

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1306557" timestamp="1350858293"]
WS has alot more speed than some of the guys you played..........WS will rebound in a close one 36-28
[/quote]
Speed don't help when your laying on your back at the line of scrimmage.

[quote name="lumberjack4life" post="1306016" timestamp="1350785339"]
You have a right to your own opinion and I have mine. And my opinion is WS beat themselves. Yea he was in your players face because they were hitting players, namely Lacey out of bounds and talking trash. I don't care what you say, Alto is irrelevant and can't and won't stop WS from reaching their goals. You beat us....WOW...what a statement. It's all about the playoffs who cares about ALTO, not WS. So on that note, enjoy the win!!!
[/quote]
It is amazing how teams "beat themselves" when they play against teams who always win and get the job done. Alto is Alto, they are always in the mix and perennial contenders. Alto runs through West Sabines and the like on a yearly basis. There is no one suprised by the outcome. Alto is not intimidated by flash in the pan teams that get on a role.

There is no doubt that last Friday night Alto was the more physical team but what really helped Alto is simply put as "tradition" and knowing how to win big games.  This attribute alone can take a team a long ways and not many in our area have that (Alto, Newton, Celina).  Even in what they call thier "rebuilding" or "down" years these teams can beat most because of their system and the mentality of "we are better than you".  I love that quality in those teams and wish we could establish that here.  Yes there was one player from Alto that liked to hit late and that is what triggered the response of the coach and all he did was tell the kid to get back to his side of the field and after the game WS's head coach talked to that kid and told him that he liked his tenacity.  The kid actually appoligized to the coach which really was not needed and the coach replied to him that no appology was needed for playing hard.  What I believe was a missperception of bad conduct was in reality what Alto is, hard nose/physical ball.  I thought it was VERY exceptional and respectful for the player from Alto to appoligize and will remember that for a long time.

Now, I will say that WS did shoot themselves in the foot and mistake after mistake took them out of the game.  There was 14 points that were a result of WS turnovers, turnovers that were a result of not protecting the ball not Alto take aways, bad snaps over the QB's head, plus WS missed oppurtunities like covering Alto fumbles but instead trying to pick them up and run, which allowed Alto to retain possession and score.
In terms of speed and athletic ability I would take WS over Alto all day long and I don't believe Alto would beat WS in a rematch, I truly believe that but it is my opinion.  However, Alto will NEVER give up and they will bring the wood every play, they just dont stop which makes them very fun to watch!!  I will be closely following the Yellowjackets through the playoffs this year they are a really good team with really good kids!!  Congrats on the win Alto and good luck the rest of the season!!  Maybe we will meet again later on down the road.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1305602" timestamp="1350749326"]
[quote author=lumberjack4life link=topic=104376.msg1305573#msg1305573 date=1350745745]
[/quote]

WS beat themselves my @$$, the better TEAM won!  Yall finally played someone that hit ya in the mouth and had speed.  Maybe the line wasnt doing doing their job as you say cause they lined up against a BETTER OL/DL, but naw that couldn't be it right?! 

If you want to talk about "no class" WS head coach shoulda been ejected for gettin in one of our players faces on the field, and yes it happened.

I know it hurts for you to say it, but the better team won plain and simple.
[/quote]

I was on the sidelines when he got in Taylor's face, happened about 10 feet away from me as a matter of fact. It was after a LATE hit WAAAY out of bounds right in front of him! And he was mouthy too. Are you trying to say that if the situation was reversed and your coach wouldn't do the EXACT same thing if we had hit Whitaker out of bounds? I could hear him on the WS sidelines, so I know he gets intense. It took away from a great game that Whitaker had (36 car. 162 yds. 4TD). That all being said, he's indeed a stud RB. Congrats to you on your win. Here's to seeing you again later on this season. It's awful hard to beat someone twice in the same year................

Speaking of hitting hard, how many times did we have to wait for another yellow jacket to get up off the field.  No tiger ever slowed to game down............  Nor have they all year.   

Alto won, this is true, but the turnovers were the difference, they could not stop WS offense either.  WS running back had a higher average per carry than Whitaker and probably more yards total.  Whitaker ran approx 36 times for @ 150 yds, Williams for WS ran 12 times for about the same yardage.  And williams out ran all the Alto players more than once.

[quote name="500nomore" post="1307095" timestamp="1350924919"]
Speaking of hitting hard, how many times did we have to wait for another yellow jacket to get up off the field.  No tiger ever slowed to game down............  Nor have they all year.   

Alto won, this is true, but the turnovers were the difference, they could not stop WS offense either.  WS running back had a higher average per carry than Whitaker and probably more yards total.  Whitaker ran approx 36 times for @ 150 yds, Williams for WS ran 12 times for about the same yardage.  And williams out ran all the Alto players more than once.

[/quote]Yes, WS can bring the wood also, we just have to do a better job of cleaning up the mistakes.  We do that and you're looking at a possible long playoff run.

[quote name="500nomore" post="1307095" timestamp="1350924919"]

[/quote]

Williams:12 car. 154 yds 2TD (12.83 yards per carry)
Whitaker:36 car. 162yds. 4TD (4.5 yards per carry)

You are right there were a bunch of Yellowjackets getting up slowly off the piles as the game wore on.We clean up the turnovers we got a long playoff run in store......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317