A Top Ten matchup this week:#6 WS vs.#10 Alto

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smack talk in P-land. All I've been hearing is SA smack talk about how moving down they would run all over 1A. It doesn't matter who WS plays and beats, na-sayers would still say "they haven't played anbody", "that team is not good this year".....yotta yotta, EXCUSES!!! WS standards are not set by Alto or SA, their goal is for bigger and better things. A lot of people just don't want to give credit where credit is due, the fact is regardless of the teams they've played, they've started off to a great season!!!! Now their 0-0 and they know that!!

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1296662" timestamp="1349917330"]
[quote author=LoyalBobcat link=topic=104376.msg1296636#msg1296636 date=1349914682]
West Sabine will beat Alto like they owe them money!!
[/quote]

BAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Have we(Wes Sabine) ever played yall? Think we have a long time ago......

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1296798" timestamp="1349956860"]
Has WS ever played Alto? Just wondering.
[/quote]I can't recall WS ever playing Alto....  I do know that the measuring stick for WS will be Alto and SA, however if WS looks past a sneaky Shelbyville team then it could be a looonnng homecoming night for the Tigers.  I know that Alto and SA will be extremely tough for WS but if WS executes and plays mistake free then I believe they have a chance to win district.  Either way this district will be represented very well in the playoffs and you could very well see two of these teams meet up again in the later rounds!

I was just wondering. I couldn't remember them ever being matched up with Alto. I can't ever remember SA not playing Alto. There have been some good match ups between the 2 over the years. One thing you can always count on when playing the jackets is that win or lose they are gonna hit you 3 different ways; hard, often, and continuosly! As far as the district title goes, I think the same can be said for all 3 teams. If any of them play smart mistake free football any of the 3 are contenders for the title. Should make for some interesting district play!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1297218" timestamp="1349988993"]
I was just wondering. I couldn't remember them ever being matched up with Alto. I can't ever remember SA not playing Alto. There have been some good match ups between the 2 over the years. One thing you can always count on when playing the jackets is that win or lose they are gonna hit you 3 different ways; hard, often, and continuosly! As far as the district title goes, I think the same can be said for all 3 teams. If any of them play smart mistake free football any of the 3 are contenders for the title. Should make for some interesting district play!
[/quote]Agreed!  And we can go just short of cutting each others throats during district but when it comes playoff time we should all back each other during playoffs even if that means that one of us sitting home while Grapeland or Shelbyville take our spots!  It could happen!  I want to see someone from our distict in Dallas!  I will be there supporting them no matter who it is!

[quote name="STINGER" post="1296935" timestamp="1349969985"]
[quote author=JesseJames link=topic=104376.msg1296798#msg1296798 date=1349956860]
Has WS ever played Alto? Just wondering.
[/quote]I can't recall WS ever playing Alto....  I do know that the measuring stick for WS will be Alto and SA, however if WS looks past a sneaky Shelbyville team then it could be a looonnng homecoming night for the Tigers.  I know that Alto and SA will be extremely tough for WS but if WS executes and plays mistake free then I believe they have a chance to win district.  Either way this district will be represented very well in the playoffs and you could very well see two of these teams meet up again in the later rounds!
[/quote]

I agree. Can't look past ANYONE in this district, cause when you do you get bit in the well, you know......
I am calling this district the "1A District of Doom". If WS executes they will be hard to beat and the 3 out of this district will be tough outs in the playoffs. Good luck to yall this week at yall's homecoming! Who scheduled both WS's and Hemphill's homecoming on the SAME night? lol

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1299871" timestamp="1350165819"]
[quote author=AltoJacketFan5 link=topic=104376.msg1299524#msg1299524 date=1350148389]
Well, the week is finaly here, so let's get things revved up! 8)
[/quote]

Yep! Yall on the radio? If so what station?
[/quote]

100.1 FM out of Lufkin.  Looking for our defense to slow WS down , I think we will put some points on the board.

[quote name="BucketSitR" post="1301819" timestamp="1350398902"]
So flash,, are you saying that you will not be at the game you started a thread on 2 wks early??? Why you need a radio???
BucketSitR
[/quote]
No,no,no,no! Just wanted to listen to the pregame on the way to the game is all.........I WILL BE THERE!!!!!LOL

Alto is going to be a serious test for WS as will WS for Alto.  Alto will be the most athletic and complete team WS has faced in the past couple years.  Both teams will have to execute and take care of the ball to win this one.  Either way it should be a good night of football.

[quote name="STINGER" post="1302518" timestamp="1350478418"]
Alto is going to be a serious test for WS as will WS for Alto.  Alto will be the most athletic and complete team WS has faced in the past couple years.  Both teams will have to execute and take care of the ball to win this one.  Either way it should be a good night of football.
[/quote]

I agree. Will be a serious test for WS. Alto's QB and RB will be probably the most athletic we will face all season. The team that executes the best will be the victor of this one...........

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1302563" timestamp="1350482518"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=104376.msg1302518#msg1302518 date=1350478418]
[/quote]

I agree. Will be a serious test for WS. Alto's QB and RB will be probably the most athletic we will face all season. The team that executes the best will be the victor of this one...........
[/quote]
Maybe not all season.........Hubbard probably runs the ball harder than Davis did last year, Taylor is like trying to catch lightning, don't forget about Thomas he'll sneek one in on you when your not looking, plus when Tanner decides to tuck the ball and run he makes you sorry that you stepped in the way, oh yea and we have Davis' little brother who showed some awesome break away speed last week against Grapeland! (That's just on Offense)

This should be a really good game! I'm interested to see how both teams perform in this one. Good Luck and safe Travels!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1302614" timestamp="1350485996"]
[quote author=pinelandflash link=topic=104376.msg1302563#msg1302563 date=1350482518]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=104376.msg1302518#msg1302518 date=1350478418]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Maybe not all season.........Hubbard probably runs the ball harder than Davis did last year, Taylor is like trying to catch lightning, don't forget about Thomas he'll sneek one in on you when your not looking, plus when Tanner decides to tuck the ball and run he makes you sorry that you stepped in the way, oh yea and we have Davis' little brother who showed some awesome break away speed last week against Grapeland! (That's just on Offense)

This should be a really good game! I'm interested to see how both teams perform in this one. Good Luck and safe Travels!
[/quote]

I've sen SA this year, Alto is just as athletic as SA, only difference is mostly all SA are Srs. and Alto's is Jr./Sophs.

Alto's QB/RB tandem are pretty talented, don't forget those big/fast WR's on outside either!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317