Silsbee vs. Bridge-city predictions

This is Silsbee's trap game. QB banged up and maybe looking a little ahead in their schedule. Silsbee should win this game easy, but maybe the baby Birds grew up against Buna. BC shouldn't have a chance, but my gut says upset special for no particular reason...BC 22, Silsbee 20.

Baby Birds Hasnt Grown that much ;D  If Reed is back 40 to 14. If reed is not 28 to 14.
Silsbee's D.  Will not alow BC to score more than that. If they even allow that much.  They kept OF and Buna to " O "  and around a 100 yrds total. Untill the boys were pulled and sat down and 2nd string came in thats when the yrds and the scores came. Sorry

Look for the Tigers to come out 'clawing! Reed is questionable to start, BUT they still have tallent in other places ie. Floyd Spearman at HalfBack and a good defence with the big guy at Nose Guard #62 Seth Adams and you can't forget Silsbee's backfield on D as well has played decent this season.

Bridge City struggled against Buna almost losing ...

Silsbee by 3 T.D.s if Reed is back

GEAUX tigers  ;D

[img]http://cfbsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/d07e69491.png[/img]

Okay, rather than insert someone else's quote and stir everybody up (especially Silsbee fans) I'm going to just give a couple of observations.

1. On paper Silsbee should be the favorite and should win the game.
2. The game is not played on paper.
3. If both sides are completely healthy Silsbee has more weapons and speed.
4. If Silsbee is without Reed it's a much closer game than most predict. BC is no slouch, everyone had BC picked to lose by 40 against Jasper (final score 21-7) and Jasper is every bit as athletic as Silsbee is. 
5. Without Reed the QB advantage goes to BC. The running backs are very similar and comparable. Silsbee gets the  nod as advantage on defense.

With all that being said Silsbee has to be favored. Silsbee also has to stay focused or who knows what could happen?
Looking past BC because they lost so much to graduation or because the Tigers have their eye on WOS could result in an upset of epic proportions. I don't look for that to happen, but I also don't look for a score of a kazillion to zero either. Before I pick a score I'm waiting to see who is healthy enough play for both sides. BC has some injury issues as well to deal with. Final prediction closer to game time.

Rake1

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1295850" timestamp="1349830728"]
BC has a very good defense. I hope the Tigers bring there A game or this game could be close. I got Silsbee winning with Reed in the line up 38-17.
[/quote]

And what do you have if Reed IS NOT IN the line up?

We didnt see much offense from BC against jasper...but the qb looked to be good when he had time to throw..the td at the end of the game was a beautiful pass to the corner..he may not have enough weapons to work with..the BC defense was ok they took advantage of jasper mistakes...for BC to beat silsbee they will have to find a lot more offense than they showed in jasper...with all that said BC is not bad and should at least take the third playoff spot..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder