PORT NECHES-GROVES VS. LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BROADCAST/LCM wins 35-6!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1292272" timestamp="1349493927"]
On my way home from the game...smh.....gotta call out my fellow Indians in the stands beside me...ridiculous the way they were yelling at our offense when they came off the field to the bench. Way to support the team.
[/quote]

Did you call them out in front of everyone?? If not, you're just as guilty.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1292427" timestamp="1349497017"]
Welp, like i said, no playoffs for PNG  ;)

BTW, when they announced the score at Bulldog Stadium, their side went NUTS!!!!  :o
[/quote]

Probably the same way the PNG fans went crazy when they announced Dayton had slaughtered Nederland in Nederland 68-0 in 2007.

[quote name="CAL2TEX" post="1292442" timestamp="1349497433"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104175.msg1292427#msg1292427 date=1349497017]
Welp, like i said, no playoffs for PNG  ;)

BTW, when they announced the score at Bulldog Stadium, their side went NUTS!!!!  :o
[/quote]

Probably the same way the PNG fans went crazy when they announced Dayton had slaughtered Nederland in Nederland 68-0 in 2007.
[/quote]

Yep,  lotsa love around here.  They'll prob. leave the 1st string in until the last 2 plays and beat us by 50 or more.  We love our neighbors!  :)

my 2 cents - Indian defense played better than final shows. They would give the offense the ball and some momentum and the offense would give it right back to LCM. Defense on the field the whole 1st half. 5 interceptions tonight. not taking anything away from LCM because a couple of times they went up and got the ball. one right to LCM secondary with no indian in sight, assume wrong route or QB mix up. One took a bounce right to waiting bear.  Also in my opinion defense did not quit. They kept up itensity way late in the game.  Offense could not get a rhythm.

PS - to the indian players thanks for the hard work you do and have done since way back in the spring. There is still a lot of football left. Keep working and do not quit. Most of us could not now or ever do what you do. Most of us certainly could not play QB at this level. Block out the garbage and keep playing ball. It is my hope and prayer that you will be blessed in the end. ;)

Oh yeah to the bears - you look very good. I hope you go places you've never been before Congratulations on a big win.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1292299" timestamp="1349494363"]
[quote author=Baseballswag22 link=topic=104175.msg1292120#msg1292120 date=1349491855]
I can just hear the PNG parents blaming the coaches as they have since this Senior group was in middle school. Get ready because it will be a down year in every sport at PNG! You heard here first, Faircloth WILL LEAVE after this season!
[/quote]
First off congrats to Lcm and secondly you have know idea what you are talking about with Faircloth leaving.
[/quote] hey 55-0 was definitly a possibility ;D

BF is a great coach.  HS Football is gonna have up and down years.  You guys from LCM should know a lot about down years.  Everybody has their turn in the barrell.  Looks like this year is PNG's in it.  I actually kindof respect a down year.  When you have 1st class talent every year makes it look a little suspicious to me.  I have a lot of respect for LCM.... ;)

Here we go!!!
Check the facts 12gage. Burnett would have 3 losing seasons then a playoff team. It was time for a change. Faircloth has had 3 playoff teams (1st or 2nd in District each year) and what looks to be one down year. I'll take the Faircloth 3 to 1 ratio anyday.

[quote name="badndn" post="1292711" timestamp="1349524707"]
Here we go!!!
Check the facts 12gage. Burnett would have 3 losing seasons then a playoff team. It was time for a change. Faircloth has had 3 playoff teams (1st or 2nd in District each year) and what looks to be one down year. I'll take the Faircloth 3 to 1 ratio anyday.
[/quote]

I agree. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

[quote name="badndn" post="1292711" timestamp="1349524707"]
Here we go!!!
[/quote]I am not knocking Faircloth by any meens,but his first year and second year was product of Burnetts football (ALL THE KIDS BIG STRONG AND FAST)...I know Faircloth put the spread in...Just seems like the size and speed has not been there like it was..Even know I am a Bulldog I hate to see a program like P.N.G do this bad..Seems to me you guys have some kids that need to go both ways, I would like to see what the Rose kid could do on D-FENCE at safety....Depth chart is not as fat as normal years..I do hope things get better for you guys..

[quote name="Baseballswag22" post="1292120" timestamp="1349491855"]
I can just hear the PNG parents blaming the coaches as they have since this Senior group was in middle school. Get ready because it will be a down year in every sport at PNG! You heard here first, Faircloth WILL LEAVE after this season!
[/quote]

Note:  These are a lot of the same football  players that played STJFL a few years back, now playing high school football for PNG.

Correct, if I am wrong (which I am not)....PNG for the next several years is football poor because of the current talent pool of football players.  Back in STJFL a few years ago, PNG got whipped by Nederland and other teams to say the least for several years in a row.  I remember a game that was 55-0 and Nederland held back from scoring more, and that was one game of many for PNG. PNG could not stop us defensively and they could not move the ball on us anyway, passing or running. (Faircloth didn't coach those teams and it was terrible for PNG, then, which are a lot of your varsity players today).

The best option to improve the football team quickly is to have transfers come in for key positions. (Of course, for academic reasons or relocation).  ;D

PNG has many talented athletes but sometimes there is a drought at key positions.  This would make a difference for athletes already there.

Most importantly, the defense for PNG is what I have said all year is a big key to PNG improving.  You need to buy a couple of linebackers and size/speed would not hurt either.

I do dread MCM and am thinking of  renaming it MCS (Mid-County Sadness).  It will be terrible for PNG to face the Nederland team.  That is not being cocky, it's hoping that PNG faithful understand understand sometimes you just don't have the tools to compete.  This is one of those years for PNG.

Hope things improve for PNG.  They have a great tradition.

Go Dogs!

Also, I do hear good things from STJFL current PNG football teams.  There is hope in a few years for PNG. 

Some need to learn a coach can only do so much with the talent he has. Sure a good coach can turn a team into a winner, but if your cupborads are bare, like PNGs, your not going to be able to do much. Could Faircloth do more this year? Perhaps, but lets face it I don't see any big playmakers this year. I am not an expert on PNG history, but I would be willing to bet this is the least talent they have fielded in a long time. The team needs to somehow rise above all this and try to scratch out a win, cause it isn't going to get any easier the rest of the way. Keep fightin tribe. Good luck. 

1 2 3 4 Total
PN-G        0 0 0 7.      7
LC-M.        7 14 14 0 35

Scoring summary
LCM -- Alex Sezer 61-yard run (Trent Manuel kick), 7:27, 1st.
LCM -- Dalton Doyle 52-yard pass from Caleb Harley (Trent Manuel kick), 3:21, 2nd.
LCM -- Billy Jones 54-yard pass from Caleb Harley (Trent Manuel kick), 1:21, 2nd.
LCM -- Alex Sezer 36-yard run (Trent Manuel kick), 7:14, 3rd.
LCM -- Dalton Doyle 55-yard pass from Caleb Harley (Trent Manuel kick), 3:21, 3rd.
PNG -- Jeremiah Rose 11-yard pass from A.J. Smith (kick failed), 10:42, 4th.

Team Stats
                        PN-G        LC-M
Total yards           204           401
First downs     2             5
Rushes/Yds 24/96 23/205
Average rush     4           8.91
Comp/Atts       15/28/5 8/10/0
Pass yards           108           196
Comp pct         53.57   80
Fumbles/Lost 0/0           1/1
Penalties-yards 0-0           0-0

• Member Statistics