Fitz update

HookEm2013

Guest incognito123
Really though.  Is that really his only offer?  That has to be a disappointment for his family since they uprooted to get him recruited.  He could've snagged that offer from Liberty.  (and the panthers might have scored a few td's this year with him.)

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1281454" timestamp="1348573014"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=103661.msg1281414#msg1281414 date=1348549057]
His only offer so far is from UL-Monroe. It's already a step up from Liberty.
[/quote]

Talking ish about liberty boosts your self-esteem or something? Sad.
[/quote]

BTW Hookem, we have found common ground, so dont' take this the wrong way, but why are you so adament about supporting a kid who left Liberty high and dry?  His family moving him like they did is, in my opinion, dispicable.  They showed no regard for his teammates or the community who welcomed him a few years ago.  Seems like you'd feel burnt over this and not be promoting him the way you do.  Just curious.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1281627" timestamp="1348587974"]
Really though.  Is that really his only offer?  That has to be a disappointment for his family since they uprooted to get him recruited.  He could've snagged that offer from Liberty.  (and the panthers might have scored a few td's this year with him.)
[/quote]

Only real offer?..  really?  UL Monroe is a D1 football program that just beat the #8 team in the country (Arkansas).  And then played ANOTHER SEC school to a 3 point loss (Auburn).

Yeah what a disappointment.  His family should be ashamed that he was offered a free education to a school that beat an SEC school on national television.  What were they thinking?

This is the real world guys.  Nobody cares how much a community does for your kid when it comes down to somebody that can do better.  If Fitz stayed at Liberty, no offer from a D1 school and most likely another missed trip to the playoffs.

Several years ago a kid named Tony Bua left Liberty his senior yr for greener grass (after spending his entire life in Liberty).  Then played 4 years at Arkansas...then played several seasons in the NFL.  Should his parents also be "ashamed"?..  I don't think so.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="knows2much" post="1281772" timestamp="1348595530"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=103661.msg1281627#msg1281627 date=1348587974]
[/quote]

Only real offer?..  really?  UL Monroe is a D1 football program that just beat the #8 team in the country (Arkansas).  And then played ANOTHER SEC school to a 3 point loss (Auburn).

Yeah what a disappointment.  His family should be ashamed that he was offered a free education to a school that beat an SEC school on national television.  What were they thinking?

This is the real world guys.  Nobody cares how much a community does for your kid when it comes down to somebody that can do better.  If Fitz stayed at Liberty, no offer from a D1 school and most likely another missed trip to the playoffs.

Several years ago a kid named Tony Bua left Liberty his senior yr for greener grass (after spending his entire life in Liberty).  Then played 4 years at Arkansas...then played several seasons in the NFL.  Should his parents also be "ashamed"?..  I don't think so.
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought Bua was in the wrong also.  His move got him into the SEC and the NFL, so I can see where it was worth it.  In the case of Fitzwater, it's looking like it's not going to end up as successful. 

BringThePain, so you believe these young men should indenture themselves to a bad program while passing up opportunities that without a doubt paid huge dividends for Tony, and appear to be for Daniel?  What exactly do you do for a living, and how long have you suffered there?  And since you're marginalizing Daniel's offer from UL-M, let's hear all the big-time offers you must have received.....   

Guest incognito123
[quote name="GoldGlove" post="1281839" timestamp="1348599224"]
BringThePain, so you believe these young men should indenture themselves to a bad program while passing up opportunities that without a doubt paid huge dividends for Tony, and appear to be for Daniel?  What exactly do you do for a living, and how long have you suffered there?  And since you're marginalizing Daniel's offer from UL-M, let's hear all the big-time offers you must have received.....   
[/quote]

Do you realize how many kids here in beloved Texas indenture themselves to a bad program because they live in a town with a crappy program?  ITS WHY TEXAS DOES NOT ALLOW TRANSFERS FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES!  Many many kids have played at sub par programs and made it.  If you are good enough to play, you don't need to move for exposure, the colleges will find you.  Problem is, not everyone who thinks they are a blue chipper actually is!  All I am saying is that the Fitzwaters left Liberty in a terrible spot by doing what they did.  In this game, we preach "family" and "team".  Do you bail on your family when the going gets tough?  Maybe you do.....who knows.  Those players in Liberty like to go around calling themselves "brothers", and I am sure they mean that.  I"m also sure that until late last spring, Daniel called himself a "brother" of those other LP players.  Think those kids felt like he was their "brother" when they got the news he was bolting and their season was lost?  Is this what you teach your kids?  Do what is best for #1 and forget anyone who may be counting on you?  That is why our kids have the attitudes they have now.  There is no loyalty or commitment anymore.  This is just another example of that.

BTW, I am not marginalizing anything.  I'm simply saying that he coudl've gotten an offer from ULM at Liberty.  I figured when he moved to another state to play football he was planning on getting a much bigger offer.  ULM calling kind of makes the move not nearly as fruitful as Tony's move.  Both of which are the exact opposite of everything the game of football teaches us.

I am in the column that normally does not support the move for athletic reasons.  The reason is that it fails much more often then it works.  Bua and Fitzwater are 2 examples for Liberty players that it appears to have worked for.  I saw Fitzwater play several games and truthfully was only mildly impressed - and never would have given him the D1 moniker.  But it appears that I was wrong as he is doing very well in LA.  Could be he has a much better supporting cast to work with as well.  As always I wish all these young men the best.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Dwack" post="1281982" timestamp="1348607074"]
The truth of the matter is the Fitzwater's left for one major reason which a was a big Deel to them.
[/quote]

I see what you did there! haha  8)

Guest incognito123
[quote name="OldTimer" post="1282010" timestamp="1348609549"]
I am in the column that normally does not support the move for athletic reasons.  The reason is that it fails much more often then it works.  Bua and Fitzwater are 2 examples for Liberty players that it appears to have worked for.  I saw Fitzwater play several games and truthfully was only mildly impressed - and never would have given him the D1 moniker.  But it appears that I was wrong as he is doing very well in LA.  Could be he has a much better supporting cast to work with as well.  As always I wish all these young men the best.
[/quote]

Completely agree with you.  He is a good player, but a starter for USC he is not.  That is not a knock on him personally, I know him personally and really like the kid, but rather it is a honest assessment of what I have seen of him as a player.  Uprooting and moving to Shreveport was a little over the top, but if that's what they wanted to do, more power to them.  My issue is what it did to his teammates, and their 2012 season.  The proof is in the fact that they have gone from being competitive (with the exception of playing Huffman and Coldspring), to being a doormat.  LP's situation was already bad, but it was made horrible because of this move.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1281628" timestamp="1348588097"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1281454#msg1281454 date=1348573014]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=103661.msg1281414#msg1281414 date=1348549057]
His only offer so far is from UL-Monroe. It's already a step up from Liberty.
[/quote]

Talking ish about liberty boosts your self-esteem or something? Sad.
[/quote]

BTW Hookem, we have found common ground, so dont' take this the wrong way, but why are you so adament about supporting a kid who left Liberty high and dry?  His family moving him like they did is, in my opinion, dispicable.  They showed no regard for his teammates or the community who welcomed him a few years ago.  Seems like you'd feel burnt over this and not be promoting him the way you do.  Just curious.
[/quote]

I can't blame a kid whose parents made a decision. Not sure if wanted to go or not but regardless I just like to see people I know/know of do well.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1281772" timestamp="1348595530"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=103661.msg1281627#msg1281627 date=1348587974]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fitz basically had offers from Tech and SMU while down here.. not official yet, but I'm sure they're still around.

When is it not ok to support a kid thats not in your area that you want to do good just cause you have that much respect for em? (mind you i may be mistaken by the tone of your post)  I wonder how many people on the board actually paid attention to [b]That Boy Johnny at Kerrville Tivy [/b] thru the years without me actually posting about it? Probably a handful at best.  ;)  :-\

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1282184" timestamp="1348625359"]
When is it not ok to support a kid thats not in your area that you want to do good just cause you have that much respect for em? (mind you i may be mistaken by the tone of your post)  I wonder how many people on the board actually paid attention to [b]That Boy Johnny at Kerrville Tivy [/b] thru the years without me actually posting about it? Probably a handful at best.  ;)  :-\
[/quote]

You're honestly the only reason I knew of him before he suited up for Aggy.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1282178" timestamp="1348624335"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1281772#msg1281772 date=1348595530]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fitz basically had offers from Tech and SMU while down here.. not official yet, but I'm sure they're still around.
[/quote]

I think you may be confusing "offer" and recruitment letter.  I guarantee you that nobody from Liberty high school was offered anything from Texas Tech University for any type of athletics.  By the way...schools send out about 30,000 letters a year to kids that have any amount of size or talent.  That does not mean offer.  The kid's parents made the right decision this time.  I'm sure Fitz thinks so too.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1282184" timestamp="1348625359"]
When is it not ok to support a kid thats not in your area that you want to do good just cause you have that much respect for em? (mind you i may be mistaken by the tone of your post)  I wonder how many people on the board actually paid attention to [b]That Boy Johnny at Kerrville Tivy [/b] thru the years without me actually posting about it? [b]Probably a handful at best[/b].  ;)  :-\
[/quote]

Now that is why you are one of my favorite poster on this site. ;D ;D

[quote name="knows2much" post="1282306" timestamp="1348664169"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1282178#msg1282178 date=1348624335]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1281772#msg1281772 date=1348595530]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you may be confusing "offer" and recruitment letter.  I guarantee you that nobody from Liberty high school was offered anything from Texas Tech University for any type of athletics.  By the way...schools send out about 30,000 letters a year to kids that have any amount of size or talent.  That does not mean offer.  The kid's parents made the right decision this time.  I'm sure Fitz thinks so too.
[/quote]

Actually I'm well aware of the difference between a general interest letter and an offer, and you can't guarantee me anything. Except that you have no idea and are just assuming things. Ask Neal Brown.. smh at the hate on Liberty.

[quote name="GoldGlove" post="1282412" timestamp="1348671948"]
Buddy, what are these Twitter grumblings you speak of?
[/quote] Not at liberty to speak in detail on it (no pun intended).......Lets just say i predict heads will roll at the end of the season.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder