Fitz update

HookEm2013

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1282752" timestamp="1348697551"]
[quote author=GoldGlove link=topic=103661.msg1282412#msg1282412 date=1348671948]
Buddy, what are these Twitter grumblings you speak of?
[/quote] Not at liberty to speak in detail on it (no pun intended).......Lets just say i predict heads will roll at the end of the season.  ;)
[/quote]

Those heads are currently only holding on by a string. 

Maybe this young man leaving for a private "football" school in Louisiana wasn't about recruitment, but about the chance to be taught by a real QB coach. Seems you folks think he has improved so it must've worked! SHAME ON HIM!

As far as Liberties "Brothers", isn't it a team game? Shouldn't one of the other "Brothers" step up?

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1282691" timestamp="1348691931"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1282306#msg1282306 date=1348664169]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1282178#msg1282178 date=1348624335]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1281772#msg1281772 date=1348595530]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=103661.msg1281627#msg1281627 date=1348587974]
Really though.  Is that really his only offer?  That has to be a disappointment for his family since they uprooted to get him recruited.  He could've snagged that offer from Liberty.  (and the panthers might have scored a few td's this year with him.)
[/quote]

Only real offer?..  really?  UL Monroe is a D1 football program that just beat the #8 team in the country (Arkansas).  And then played ANOTHER SEC school to a 3 point loss (Auburn).

Yeah what a disappointment.  His family should be ashamed that he was offered a free education to a school that beat an SEC school on national television.  What were they thinking?

This is the real world guys.  Nobody cares how much a community does for your kid when it comes down to somebody that can do better.  If Fitz stayed at Liberty, no offer from a D1 school and most likely another missed trip to the playoffs.

Several years ago a kid named Tony Bua left Liberty his senior yr for greener grass (after spending his entire life in Liberty).  Then played 4 years at Arkansas...then played several seasons in the NFL.  Should his parents also be "ashamed"?..  I don't think so.
[/quote]

Fitz basically had offers from Tech and SMU while down here.. not official yet, but I'm sure they're still around.
[/quote]

I think you may be confusing "offer" and recruitment letter.  I guarantee you that nobody from Liberty high school was offered anything from Texas Tech University for any type of athletics.  By the way...schools send out about 30,000 letters a year to kids that have any amount of size or talent.  That does not mean offer.  The kid's parents made the right decision this time.  I'm sure Fitz thinks so too.
[/quote]

Actually I'm well aware of the difference between a general interest letter and an offer, and you can't guarantee me anything. Except that you have no idea and are just assuming things. Ask Neal Brown.. smh at the hate on Liberty.
[/quote]

Oh ok.  Thanks for clearing that up.  I guess I was assuming.  I had no idea that Liberty High School was that good.  I mean, to have players on the roster turn down offers from a Big 12 school.  Wow.  Players that good, and still not make the playoffs.  Man those other schools in district must be LOADED. 

Thanks for making me realize how wrong I was.  What would I know about talent or recruiting.  I only played 4 years of college ball myself.  I'll never assume again.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1283019" timestamp="1348750973"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1282691#msg1282691 date=1348691931]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1282306#msg1282306 date=1348664169]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1282178#msg1282178 date=1348624335]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1281772#msg1281772 date=1348595530]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=103661.msg1281627#msg1281627 date=1348587974]
Really though.  Is that really his only offer?  That has to be a disappointment for his family since they uprooted to get him recruited.  He could've snagged that offer from Liberty.  (and the panthers might have scored a few td's this year with him.)
[/quote]

Only real offer?..  really?  UL Monroe is a D1 football program that just beat the #8 team in the country (Arkansas).  And then played ANOTHER SEC school to a 3 point loss (Auburn).

Yeah what a disappointment.  His family should be ashamed that he was offered a free education to a school that beat an SEC school on national television.  What were they thinking?

This is the real world guys.  Nobody cares how much a community does for your kid when it comes down to somebody that can do better.  If Fitz stayed at Liberty, no offer from a D1 school and most likely another missed trip to the playoffs.

Several years ago a kid named Tony Bua left Liberty his senior yr for greener grass (after spending his entire life in Liberty).  Then played 4 years at Arkansas...then played several seasons in the NFL.  Should his parents also be "ashamed"?..  I don't think so.
[/quote]

Fitz basically had offers from Tech and SMU while down here.. not official yet, but I'm sure they're still around.
[/quote]

I think you may be confusing "offer" and recruitment letter.  I guarantee you that nobody from Liberty high school was offered anything from Texas Tech University for any type of athletics.  By the way...schools send out about 30,000 letters a year to kids that have any amount of size or talent.  That does not mean offer.  The kid's parents made the right decision this time.  I'm sure Fitz thinks so too.
[/quote]

Actually I'm well aware of the difference between a general interest letter and an offer, and you can't guarantee me anything. Except that you have no idea and are just assuming things. Ask Neal Brown.. smh at the hate on Liberty.
[/quote]

Oh ok.  Thanks for clearing that up.  I guess I was assuming.  I had no idea that Liberty High School was that good.  I mean, to have players on the roster turn down offers from a Big 12 school.  Wow.  Players that good, and still not make the playoffs.  Man those other schools in district must be LOADED. 

Thanks for making me realize how wrong I was.  What would I know about talent or recruiting.  I only played 4 years of college ball myself.  I'll never assume again.
[/quote]

Nothing you said was in my post.. smh. Continue to show the world just how much you don't know.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1283019" timestamp="1348750973"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1282691#msg1282691 date=1348691931]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Thanks for making me realize how wrong I was.  What would I know about talent or recruiting.  I only played 4 years of college ball myself.  I'll never assume again.[/b]
[/quote]

Most ignorant quote ever, assuming you did even play in college that means nothing. MJ played years and years in the league and was the best ever, see how his talent assessment has been going. If you think Fitz doesn't have talent, well that thought speaks for itself.

Did I say he didn't have talent?  Don't think I did..
You said "basically had offers from Tech and SMU while down here"

You're an idiot if you believe that.  I know the kid can play.  I've seen him.  But he's not good enough for that level of football.  I guarantee it.  There are 100 4A and 5A qb's with his same size and ability, that also will not get offers to Big 12 schools. 

[quote name="knows2much" post="1283065" timestamp="1348754434"]

You're an idiot if you believe that.  I know the kid can play.  I've seen him.  But he's not good enough for that level of football.  I guarantee it.  There are 100 4A and 5A qb's with his same size and ability, that also will not get offers to Big 12 schools.
[/quote]

You're an idiot for believing otherwise. I'm going off actual information, you're going off assumption. Let me school you on something, the size of your school doesn't determine your ability. While larger schools are viewed as generally more competitive, individual athletes are judged on multiple factors. Btw, you having seen him plays means NOTHING. YOU ARE NOT A TALENT SCOUT FOR ANYONE. AT ALL. Your thoughts and opinions are not the gospel, sorry to break it to you. I'll go with the intel I've received and you can go with your ASSumptions. At the end of the day insulting someone due to a difference of opinions just shows how pitiful you are as an individual. God bless you dude, concentrate on staying out your little feelings.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1283155" timestamp="1348760154"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1283065#msg1283065 date=1348754434]

[/quote]

You're an idiot for believing otherwise. I'm going off actual information, you're going off assumption. Let me school you on something, the size of your school doesn't determine your ability. While larger schools are viewed as generally more competitive, individual athletes are judged on multiple factors. Btw, you having seen him plays means NOTHING. YOU ARE NOT A TALENT SCOUT FOR ANYONE. AT ALL. Your thoughts and opinions are not the gospel, sorry to break it to you. I'll go with the intel I've received and you can go with your ASSumptions. At the end of the day insulting someone due to a difference of opinions just shows how pitiful you are as an individual. God bless you dude, concentrate on staying out your little feelings.
[/quote]

Actually, I asked a Liberty coach today, he told me that Fitz never had an official offer from Tech or SMU.  Sorry.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1283195" timestamp="1348761990"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1283155#msg1283155 date=1348760154]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=103661.msg1283065#msg1283065 date=1348754434]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I asked a Liberty coach today, he told me that Fitz never had an official offer from Tech or SMU.  Sorry.
[/quote]

I know that. I NEVER said he had an OFFICIAL offer. Not once.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1283205" timestamp="1348762293"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=103661.msg1283195#msg1283195 date=1348761990]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1283155#msg1283155 date=1348760154]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right, you said "basically had offers..."  Bottom line is, he wasn't going to play that level of football if he had stayed at Liberty, and he won't play that level of football from Calvary.  The coach I spoke to said he could, "absolutley" play college football, just not big time college football.  That's not a slight towards Fitz, there are not many guys in the entire country that can play big time college football.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1283234" timestamp="1348764372"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=103661.msg1283205#msg1283205 date=1348762293]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=103661.msg1283195#msg1283195 date=1348761990]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right, you said "basically had offers..."  Bottom line is, he wasn't going to play that level of football if he had stayed at Liberty, and he won't play that level of football from Calvary.  The coach I spoke to said he could, "absolutley" play college football, just not big time college football.  That's not a slight towards Fitz, there are not many guys in the entire country that can play big time college football.
[/quote]

Perhaps you're right..

For those that find fault in my posts, just know that I post here mostly for entertainment purposes and most of the things I express aren't my actual beliefs but are for the sake of argument. I like to stir pots, take it for what it is. With that said, I'm just happy the kid is gonna get a chance to play anywhere. Outside of being 6'6 I've never been overly impressed either. Wish him all the best!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics