WOS
Silsbee
HJ
OF
HF
Buna
BC
[/quote]

Oh goodness it's contagious!!! Seriously.........?

Rake1
[/quote] well rake let's see what you got ? You talkin how these are crazy but I don't see yours

[quote name="wackpack" post="1281371" timestamp="1348545624"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=103651.msg1281358#msg1281358 date=1348544640]
[quote author=TheRef link=topic=103651.msg1281354#msg1281354 date=1348544196]
WOS
Silsbee
HJ
OF
HF
Buna
BC
[/quote]

Oh goodness it's contagious!!! Seriously.........?

Rake1
[/quote] well rake let's see what you got ? You talkin how these are crazy but I don't see yours
[/quote]

No problem Wackpack, here is what I posted on August 15th and I'm sticking with it.

1. WOS- This years defense may be one of the best units they've had in 10 years or more. Lots of D1 caliber athletes with a ton of varrsity experience under their belts. This group can flat out run and will keep WOS in every game. Offensively they need to find a running back to replace Lindsey. Salter will be a stable and capable signal caller who will carry much of the load.

2. Silsbee- A very athletic team that will feature a pair of weapons on offense in Reed and Spearman. Not sure how bad graduation hurt them but if I'm not mistaken their JV won district last season and will certainly help the varsity reload with athletes. Defensively the linebacking crew will pace the Tigers. This team needs to watch everyone in the district and not be so caught up with WOS that they let a close game slip away. If they play to their capability they could certainly contend for the top spot. They are a playoff team for sure.

3. BC- Most have written BC off after losing an outstanding group of seniors last year but that should not be the case. BC returns a deep class of seniors and some very capable juniors in skill positions. Zach Cole will lead a good group of linebackers and the secondary will also be a strength with several returning lettermen. Offensively Daniel Faulk will take over at QB and lead a talented backfield that will feature a pair of junior running backs who are big and athletic. Ball control and solid defense will be the key for BC. It may shock some folks but don't be surprised if BC finishes higher than 3rd.

4. OF- With the addition of Coach Smalley the Bobcats just got more interesting! Offensively they will still give opposing defenses fits with that elusive running game that they execute to perfection and one can be sure Smalley will let the Bobcats air it out a little more. The addition of the passing game will cause more defenses to at least honor the pass and not stack up the middle which should open up more room to run. The Bobcats could be a contender with a break here or there.

5. HF- Always has the athletes to play with anyone but consistency has been their downfall as of late. Flashes of great play followed by prolonged periods of mediocrity tends to put the Longhorns behind the 8 ball. HF will return some quality players but depth will be an issue. The Longhorns are not a team to take lightly.

5a. Buna- Don't know a whole lot about Buna except they should not be taken as a pushover because they came from 2A, no way. This team is poised to be the biggest surprise of the season and will surely use the "they don't respect us" mentality to get hyped up for every Friday night. Buna proved last year that they could play with a couple of quality wins against 3A opponents. This team will help turn the district playoff race upside down.

6. HJ- Could be another long season for the Hawks. A good class of young players may be on the horizon. Better days are ahead, just  not now.

Good luck to all the teams. Wish each and every player a safe and productive season.

Rake1 

Just wondering (and by the way I think optimism for HF is great) why it seems (and maybe I am wrong) why HF fans are thinking playoffs seeminly based on how well they played WOS last season? After that game they still got beat by two TD's or more by BC, OF, and Silsbee. Honestly, not trying to put anyone or anyteam down, just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1294277" timestamp="1349657242"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=103651.msg1293987#msg1293987 date=1349626913]
Gona change!
1. WOS
2. Silsbee
3. Orangefield
4. Bridge City
5. Buna
5. HJ
5. HF
[/quote]Interesting 3rd spot
[/quote]Yea I know. Just watching game film on the two BC and OF I think OF can pull it off. But its Just a prediction .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder