Will Liberty win a game this year?

Liberty hasnt won a game this year and the usual bottom dweller of the district isnt doing too bad this year.My pre-season prediction was Liberty would fight for the 4th spot.I now believe that they now will fight just to get out of the bottom of the septic tank.I'm not sure if they will even win a game.It is a shame that a 3AAA football program has as many problems as they have.I for one do not put the blame on a single kid on this team but instead blame the coaching staff.
  What do Ya'll think?

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1279024" timestamp="1348331450"]
Looks like a long year for the Panthers - but I do believe they will beat Splendora and Tarkington to have a 2 win season.
[/quote]

I don't know, sometimes just thinking you can win is enough. I know that Tarkington's schedule hasn't been that tough this year but, they feel like they are better. They like the feeling of winning and that can be dangerous for a team struggling to find a win. If Liberty is to confident and Tarkington plays up then it could be real bad on the Panthers.

I do agree that Liberty needs a change at the top as in a new head coach.  This is my opinion – Recent Liberty teams have two problems: (1) Over Estimation of the talent level that they have on a consistent basis (this has been going on for years in Liberty); and (2) Teams that have several players that appear to execute their assigned duties poorly or even without totally understanding what their responsibilities  are.  From what I can tell the players are giving everything they have on the field just with limited results – that’s a coaching issue.  And while Liberty does have several quality athletes – and always has – they are not deep in the talent pool and that leaves gaps that other teams notice and exploit in their offensive and defensive game plans.  Liberty coaching needs to identify the weaknesses and develop a game plan to disguise and protect these weaknesses and at this time it does not appear that they are doing this.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1278920" timestamp="1348322151"]
With the exception of Coldspring and Huffman, they should have a shot at winning the others.  I have a hard time seeing them lose to Tarkington.
[/quote]

Liberty will be lucky to score against the Cleveland Defense!!!

A shot at winning the others, not the way they are playing.....

We will still beat Tarkington.  Hopefully we can squeak by Splendora without Mosley and Jones.  Let them rest until after Huffman because of the bye the following week.  We aren't beating Huffman anyways.  Then take care of business against Cleveland, which will be tough, and we can possibly squeak into the 3rd spot.

[quote name="truth_hurts" post="1279320" timestamp="1348354208"]
We will still beat Tarkington.  Hopefully we can squeak by Splendora without Mosley and Jones.  Let them rest until after Huffman because of the bye the following week.  We aren't beating Huffman anyways.  Then take care of business against Cleveland, which will be tough, and we can possibly squeak into the 3rd spot.
[/quote]
You are way off if you think Liberty gest an automatic "W" against Tarkington. Splendora and Cleveland are out of the question. Liberty will likely have to beat Shepherd to avoid 0-10. Tarkington is at least as good as HF. The QB, RB, and WR for Tarkington are outstanding, especially the QB.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1279352" timestamp="1348356525"]
[quote author=truth_hurts link=topic=103520.msg1279320#msg1279320 date=1348354208]
[/quote]
You are way off if you think Liberty gest an automatic "W" against Tarkington. Splendora and Cleveland are out of the question. Liberty will likely have to beat Shepherd to avoid 0-10. Tarkington is at least as good as HF. The QB, RB, and WR for Tarkington are outstanding, especially the QB.
[/quote]
Let Liberty stay over-confident.  From reading all the smack between Huffman fans and Liberty fans, I'd say that's pretty common. 

[quote name="89falcon" post="1279352" timestamp="1348356525"]
[quote author=truth_hurts link=topic=103520.msg1279320#msg1279320 date=1348354208]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Have you actually seen Tarkington play?  The beat a bad Hardin team by 1 point. 

[quote name="truth_hurts" post="1279361" timestamp="1348357407"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=103520.msg1279352#msg1279352 date=1348356525]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Have you actually seen Tarkington play?  The beat a bad Hardin team by 1 point.
[/quote]

I have seen them twice. The sophmore class they have is very good.

[quote name="jenks" post="1280393" timestamp="1348461747"]
What a sad thread. Try and be more encouraging. These are not professionals, they are high school students.
[/quote]This is a sad thread.Its sad that the program that is run by adults cant do anything with these high school kids except themselves blame the kids.Change the AD,change the attitude.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1280986" timestamp="1348515989"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103520.msg1280393#msg1280393 date=1348461747]
What a sad thread. Try and be more encouraging. These are not professionals, they are high school students.
[/quote]This is a sad thread.Its sad that the program that is run by adults cant do anything with these high school kids except themselves blame the kids.Change the AD,change the attitude.
[/quote]
Although I do believe that Deel will be leaving after this season, he is not the biggest problem with the Liberty program. The Panthers have improved every year, with the expception of this year. I do agree that the attitude of some seems to be a problem, but as an ex coach for liberty used to say... there are two things that can not be coached... effort and enthusiasm. A coach can teach technique and build discipline. The player have had decent technique over the the last few years, but discipline is one thing Liberty seemed to be struggling with, and overall that is the only problem that i have ever had with the way coach deel has ran his program. You cannot lay the blame on the coaches alone. Imo it the blame for Liberty's is rough season this year lies in both the players and coaches. From the few games I saw, I have not seen every Liberty game this year, there are [b]SOME[/b] players who do not seem to be giving everything they have on Friday nights. of course i do not know the whole story those players could be playing through injuries or something like that i do not know, but that is the way it looked in the stands. Texas Minuteman when  has the coaches blamed the kids? Not calling you out but that is the first time I have heard that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder