WOS Best Bet To Represent 3A In State

Kville_Kats

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1273524" timestamp="1347798739"]
If things continue as they are,And WOS stays healtly I think they are the best bet on making it to the State playoffs at this time, They are only gonna get better with time.... This is my opinion,I'm sure we all have one... ;)
[/quote]Kville Kats, WOS appreciates your kind words but we have some tough games to play.  Didn`t Jasper and Silsbee look great Friday night. We looked great playing with those 4A teams  but now we are getting into the tough part of our schedule. Now we will be playing  just 3A teams and we all know how tough thats going to be.

[quote name="speveto" post="1273529" timestamp="1347800885"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=103247.msg1273524#msg1273524 date=1347798739]
If things continue as they are,And WOS stays healtly I think they are the best bet on making it to the State playoffs at this time, They are only gonna get better with time.... This is my opinion,I'm sure we all have one... ;)
[/quote]Kville Kats, WOS appreciates your kind words but we have some tough games to play.  Didn`t Jasper and Silsbee look great Friday night. We looked great playing with those 4A teams  but now we are getting into the tough part of our schedule. Now we will be playing  just 3A teams and we all know how tough thats going to be.

I just think WOS has all the tools to do it with...it's just an opinion... ;)
[/quote]

WO-S has the championship caliber defense in place.  If the offense can get better each week they will be a force when the cool weather hits.  Problem is region III is loaded to the hilt with no patsies anywhere.  I do believe we have reason in this area to be optimistic in all classes.  A lot of good chances to go deep this year.

[/quote] WOS does have a good shot at Division II if they can get past Coldspring and or La Marque who will also be Division II.Either way SETX will be well represented in the playoffs.

[quote name="Cat22" post="1273634" timestamp="1347813763"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103247.msg1273620#msg1273620 date=1347812941]
Navasota is loaded but aren't they D1 3A?
[/quote]
Depends. Taylor is the largest school in 18-3A. If they make the playoffs then Navasota will go D2.
[/quote]

My understanding this is a very likely scenario. Most expect Taylor to make playoffs therefore sending Navasota to DII.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1273713" timestamp="1347826968"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=103247.msg1273634#msg1273634 date=1347813763]
[/quote]
Depends. Taylor is the largest school in 18-3A. If they make the playoffs then Navasota will go D2.
[/quote]

My understanding this is a very likely scenario. Most expect Taylor to make playoffs therefore sending Navasota to DII.
[/quote]
I would think that Taylor makes the playoffs as well.

[quote name="paintballove" post="1273936" timestamp="1347850079"]
don't get ahead of yourselves.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Have to agree with you there! Last year most in region 3 thought Manvel was a sure thing then they got rolled (49-28) by Aledo in the finals. Same goes with LM dropping to 3A...mystique alone doesn't guaranty that you're gonna roll over the competition as proven by the Coldspring game. There are some really tough teams in region 3 and LM will have to earn everything they get as nothing is a given otherwise, we'll get sent home early to prep for 2013![/b][/color]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1273713" timestamp="1347826968"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=103247.msg1273634#msg1273634 date=1347813763]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm not so sure about that.  It's only a 5 team district, but Madisonville and Rockdale have a good shot to make the playoffs.  I don't think that Taylor has the inside track, although they do get both of those teams at home.  Caldwell is probably out for sure.

[/quote]Regarding WOS and "they are the best bet on making it to the State playoffs at this time" 

I agree 100%.  They will make the playoffs. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1273527" timestamp="1347800199"]
This region alone in Division II is too full of powers (Coldspring, La Marque, Jasper, La Vega, maybe Navasota, etc) to place money on one school.  There is optimism in Orange, but even that is cautious.
[/quote]

I havent been able to keep up with WOS this year due to our own schedule and travel. What is the difference between the WOS we played last year in the playoffs and this years team? Did most of the players from last year team return, because they were solid last year. I do agree which ever team makes it out of DII will have a good shot at a tittle, the playoffs should be unbelievable. 

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1274705" timestamp="1347927219"]
I still stand by my pre-season prediction of WO-S vs Brownwood in the 3A D2 State title game.  ;)
[/quote]
Although I am definitely cheering for Coldspring and looking forward to a trip back to the Championship Game soon, there are way too many great teams in our region to start trying to pick out the region champs just yet.  La Marque, Navasota, Coldspring, WO-S, Carthage, and some team that no one is giving any credit yet, could all make a run at state.  Between now and then, too many things can happen.  One injury, or a bad game in the playoffs against any of these teams could doom a state run.  However, how does Stephenville fit into the playoff picture in their region?  Do they go DI or DII come playoff time?  If they go DII, I have to say it is region III against Stephenville in the championship.

[quote name="CSN" post="1274701" timestamp="1347927025"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=103247.msg1273527#msg1273527 date=1347800199]
This region alone in Division II is too full of powers (Coldspring, La Marque, Jasper, La Vega, maybe Navasota, etc) to place money on one school.  There is optimism in Orange, but even that is cautious.
[/quote]

I havent been able to keep up with WOS this year due to our own schedule and travel. What is the difference between the WOS we played last year in the playoffs and this years team? Did most of the players from last year team return, because they were solid last year. I do agree which ever team makes it out of DII will have a good shot at a tittle, the playoffs should be unbelievable.
[/quote]

We lost the RB Lindsey and a few others..most of the team is back in tact along with some very talented sophomores. Our running game may not quite be as good (but it is close). Our defense is probably better with experience.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1274855" timestamp="1347939116"]
[quote author=CSN link=topic=103247.msg1274701#msg1274701 date=1347927025]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=103247.msg1273527#msg1273527 date=1347800199]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We lost the RB Lindsey and a few others..most of the team is back in tact along with some very talented sophomores. Our running game may not quite be as good (but it is close). Our defense is probably better with experience.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response best of luck in district and hopefully we see each other in the play offs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder