WEST ORANGE-STARK VS. BEAUMONT CENTRAL BROADCAST/WO-S WINS 14-0

WOSgrad

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1272032" timestamp="1347685464"]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=103084.msg1272017#msg1272017 date=1347685211]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=103084.msg1271990#msg1271990 date=1347684604]
PAM would smash the Stangs to the center of the Earth. WO-S better concentrate on their 3A opponents cause your success hasn't been to stellar if you ask me. I thought you guys would dominate 3A.
[/quote]

Yeah....but they didn't score at all one us.....

I seriously doubt all that....
[/quote]we'll never see. but someone said before that we took you guys off Memorial's schedule, whatever that meant.  ::)

BTW we scored more versus Central than you guys did.  ;)
[/quote]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1272032" timestamp="1347685464"]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=103084.msg1272017#msg1272017 date=1347685211]
PAM would smash the Stangs to the center of the Earth. WO-S better concentrate on their 3A opponents cause your success hasn't been to stellar if you ask me. I thought you guys would dominate 3A.
[/quote]

I seriously doubt all that....
[/quote]we'll never see. but someone said before that we took you guys off Memorial's schedule, whatever that meant.  ::)

BTW we scored more versus Central than you guys did.  ;)
[/quote]
Great job !!!! You also gave up more!!;-)

Don't be so arrogant about beating the Jags and then lay an egg next week against Jasper. But know that if you guys played the Titans we would pull the Umbrellas out early and often. Stay in your lane and be happy about your past successes because that's what it is the past.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1272048" timestamp="1347685991"]
Don't be so arrogant about beating the Jags and then lay an egg next week against Jasper. But know that if you guys played the Titans we would pull the Umbrellas out early and often. Stay in your lane and be happy about your past successes because that's what it is the past.
[/quote]

you're right it took 3 school to compete with WOS ...., good luck along the way we will be rooting for ya( memorial).....Next Jasper

[quote name="D3zii" post="1271967" timestamp="1347683952"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=103084.msg1271699#msg1271699 date=1347679039]
Central does well when the QB can't throw.  Mitchell hasn't improved over the 3 years and neither has the play calling.  Defense was outstanding considering the short fields they had to defend.  Put Mitchell in the secondary and switch back to the wishbone is the only way Central can win consistantly
[/quote]

Hmm not to say your wrong, but look at the talent Mitchell had his Fresh and Soph year. He had at the very least, 3 good recivers and 2 good backs to get the ball to and take the pressure off him. He was surronded by playmakers. Last season and seems the same this season, he doesnt really have alot of players around him which is rare for a central team. Ive seen the kid play ball and throw. He has all the mechanics to be a great one. Just no one to get the ball to.
[/quote]

SFA85, you are so correct.  I said a couple of years ago when they were trying to play sissy ball (spread) that they should just play Vidor's style of offense.  Yes I said that seriously.  We line up with 2 and 4 receivers but every body knows that our passing isn't a serious threat.  If we do have a QB that can accurately get the receivers the ball, they can't catch it.

I've watched this kid since he first stepped in his freshman year in a playoff game in Baytown.  I was like man he is going to be special.  Well he hasn't failed us, the coaching staff at Central has failed him and us.  They have not progressed with his development at all.  I bet if he had been a Bruin or Panther, he would probably have some decent scholarship offers.  Stump worked wonders with what he had and Nelson seems to be doing fine too.  Not us.  We have another special QB in the pipeline, I guess we'll just waste him away too...

Central has more athletes then the other 2 schools in Beaumont hands down in my opinion.  But due to coaching, they don't utilize and progress with them in the correct manner. 

If Central fails to make the playoffs for 2 years in a row, it SHOULD be time for a change at the top with NO holdovers.  And stop hiring these guys from here, they are too budy budy with the players.  Instead of being like Suggs and Stowers, there to coach football, not make friends.  That's the real reason we had playoff runs back then...

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1272132" timestamp="1347689075"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=103084.msg1271967#msg1271967 date=1347683952]
Central does well when the QB can't throw.  Mitchell hasn't improved over the 3 years and neither has the play calling.  Defense was outstanding considering the short fields they had to defend.  Put Mitchell in the secondary and switch back to the wishbone is the only way Central can win consistantly
[/quote]

Hmm not to say your wrong, but look at the talent Mitchell had his Fresh and Soph year. He had at the very least, 3 good recivers and 2 good backs to get the ball to and take the pressure off him. He was surronded by playmakers. Last season and seems the same this season, he doesnt really have alot of players around him which is rare for a central team. Ive seen the kid play ball and throw. He has all the mechanics to be a great one. Just no one to get the ball to.
[/quote]

SFA85, you are so correct.  I said a couple of years ago when they were trying to play sissy ball (spread) that they should just play Vidor's style of offense.  Yes I said that seriously.  We line up with 2 and 4 receivers but every body knows that our passing isn't a serious threat.  If we do have a QB that can accurately get the receivers the ball, they can't catch it.

I've watched this kid since he first stepped in his freshman year in a playoff game in Baytown.  I was like man he is going to be special.  Well he hasn't failed us, the coaching staff at Central has failed him and us.  They have not progressed with his development at all.  I bet if he had been a Bruin or Panther, he would probably have some decent scholarship offers.  Stump worked wonders with what he had and Nelson seems to be doing fine too.  Not us.  We have another special QB in the pipeline, I guess we'll just waste him away too...

Central has more athletes then the other 2 schools in Beaumont hands down in my opinion.  But due to coaching, they don't utilize and progress with them in the correct manner. 

If Central fails to make the playoffs for 2 years in a row, it SHOULD be time for a change at the top with NO holdovers.  And stop hiring these guys from here, they are too budy budy with the players.  Instead of being like Suggs and Stowers, there to coach football, not make friends.  That's the real reason we had playoff runs back then...
[/quote]

pssst Big Ford. Tell him to transfer to Vidor and play for Jeff.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1272142" timestamp="1347689236"]
If Suggs was the HC Central would be undefeated, yeah I said it.  ;)
[/quote]

Suggs or Stowers is better then the crap we got going on now...and they were outsiders that did it their way and were succesful.  Thats what the insiders didn't like...

[quote name="robanadana" post="1272146" timestamp="1347689493"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=103084.msg1272132#msg1272132 date=1347689075]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=103084.msg1271967#msg1271967 date=1347683952]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

pssst Big Ford. Tell him to transfer to Vidor and play for Jeff.
[/quote]

I know Jeff back from my days in coaching, I bet he'd know what to do with him...

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1272149" timestamp="1347689591"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103084.msg1272142#msg1272142 date=1347689236]
[/quote]

Suggs or Stowers is better then the crap we got going on now...and they were outsiders that did it their way and were succesful.  Thats what the insiders didn't like...
[/quote]Now you see why ppl were mad when Suggs went away from PA when he did.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1272153" timestamp="1347689738"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=103084.msg1272149#msg1272149 date=1347689591]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103084.msg1272142#msg1272142 date=1347689236]
[/quote]

[/quote]Now you see why ppl were mad when Suggs went away from PA when he did.  ;)
[/quote]

This was the same stuff we went through in the 80's and 90's...insiders who care about themselves more than the team. We nearly lost Jeff over that. Now the man is paying dividends. When you find that coach that has the philosophy that everyone can buy into and support and he cares about the kids and community, he will pay big dividends in the long run. However, you have to stick with him through the lean years. I think Central needs a good young coach with the commitment from the school to stick with him a minimum of six years.

[quote name="Roger Korby" post="1272164" timestamp="1347690203"]
Suggs was definitely a good coach, [b]but Kenny Harrison is the best coach the Titans have had in their 10 years as a school.[/b]
[/quote]Thank you! somebody other than about 5 ppl that said it!  8)

[quote name="robanadana" post="1272166" timestamp="1347690234"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103084.msg1272153#msg1272153 date=1347689738]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=103084.msg1272149#msg1272149 date=1347689591]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This was the same stuff we went through in the 80's and 90's...insiders who care about themselves more than the team. We nearly lost Jeff over that. Now the man is paying dividends. When you find that coach that has the philosophy that everyone can buy into and support and he cares about the kids and community, he will pay big dividends in the long run. However, you have to stick with him through the lean years. I think Central needs a good young coach with the commitment from the school to stick with him a minimum of six years.
[/quote] I understand what you saying. 100%  8)

[quote name="bigd92" post="1271990" timestamp="1347684604"]
[/quote]

Yeah, and I thought throwing all the potential from TJ and Lincoln together would [i]surely[/i] result in immediate success, but you guys somehow have managed to screw that up huh? We were the smallest 5A when we started this 3 decade donkey-stomp and we have always played teams bigger than us. Somehow we still have the best winning percentage in the state of Texas. Proof is in the pudding. Aren't you one of the same jawjackers that was coming on here talking about how Central would stomp us with all that speed and depth you guys squeaked by?

[quote name="Judex" post="1272287" timestamp="1347714854"]
[/quote]

Yeah, and I thought throwing all the potential from TJ and Lincoln together would [i]surely[/i] result in immediate success, but you guys somehow have managed to screw that up huh? We were the smallest 5A when we started this 3 decade donkey-stomp and we have always played teams bigger than us. Somehow we still have the best winning percentage in the state of Texas. Proof is in the pudding. Aren't you one of the same jawjackers that was coming on here talking about how Central would stomp us with all that speed and depth you guys squeaked by?
[/quote]Dang it Archie.......

[quote name="Judex" post="1272287" timestamp="1347714854"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, Judex.  PAM has never had top notch coaching to make them a consistent winner.  With the current formula, they will have the occassional big year with a few disappointing ones wrapped around them.  If you assigned the WO-S coaching staff to the PAM football team, that would be a ferocious program.

[quote name="griff" post="1272403" timestamp="1347722154"]
[quote author=Judex link=topic=103084.msg1272287#msg1272287 date=1347714854]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, Judex.  PAM has never had top notch coaching to make them a consistent winner.  With the current formula, they will have the occassional big year with a few disappointing ones wrapped around them.  If you assigned the WO-S coaching staff to the PAM football team, that would be a ferocious program.
[/quote] Since Coach Harrison took over PAM has gotten better each year, look at the records. Numbers dont lie.  8)

[quote name="bigd92" post="1272375" timestamp="1347721135"]
This is the most I've seen of WO-s posters in a long time. Where have you guys been? Nevermind I know. Glad to see the Mustangs playing good ball.
[/quote]

We have been here all along. We let our team do the talking on the field ;)

[quote name="bigd92" post="1272048" timestamp="1347685991"]
[/quote]

What has any team from Port Arthur the past thirty years has won in football championships? Your team went 1 step further than we did last year. Saw the replay on TV. We could definately play ya'll close, the depth could get us in the end but NO way would you beat us like a drum.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder