PORT NECHES-GROVES AT SILSBEE BROADCAST/PNG wins 21-20!!

It looked to me like AJ struggled throwing from the crown on the field. He was high on a bunch of passes to the sidelines, but that could be expected since he has practiced on a flat field all year and even the scrimage was on flat turf.

Gotta find a running game! Thought the defense did very well considering they were on the field most of the second half. Tigers scored after two turnovers on short fields. Once inside the ten and once inside the 20.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1257487" timestamp="1346474309"]

Port Neches-Groves                Silsbee

Total yards                210                                296
Rushes/Yds              31/48                              32/107
Average rush            1.55                                3.34
Comp/Atts              16/32/0                            13/33/1
Pass yards              162                                  189
Comp pct                50                                  39.39

[/quote]

PNG better find a running game and find it quick or else this season will get ugly.

[quote name="badndn" post="1257533" timestamp="1346475773"]
It looked to me like AJ struggled throwing from the crown on the field. He was high on a bunch of passes to the sidelines, but that could be expected since he has practiced on a flat field all year and even the scrimage was on flat turf.

Gotta find a running game! Thought the defense did very well considering they were on the field most of the second half. Tigers scored after two turnovers on short fields. Once inside the ten and once inside the 20.
[/quote]

Looks like we are on the same page about the running game.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1257507" timestamp="1346474889"]
[quote author=tokenwb link=topic=102288.msg1257501#msg1257501 date=1346474679]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=102288.msg1257491#msg1257491 date=1346474443]
[quote author=pngdad12 link=topic=102288.msg1257476#msg1257476 date=1346473791]
Time to put in the future QB who can throw to both sides not just the left side for five yard gains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

And who who that be?  Your son?

AJ Smith averaged 10.2 yards per completion by the way
[/quote]I agree..Cam Newton, I mean AJ Smith looked pretty good to me.
[/quote]

Yeah in my mind, AJ didn't do a whole lot to lose his job. Receivers need to step up and play calling needs to open up a bit.
[/quote]
Its typical that coaches don't open up there full playbook till district starts so expect Coach F to do that in the next three weeks. He might a little bit but not much.

Silsbee dominated the game and really surprised me. Silsbee has a great kicker and that muffed snap on the first td proved fatal. All Silsbee would of have to do is make the extra point and they would have won. The referees were terrible. Fake punt the faLse start wasn't called until the receiver was thirty yards down the field and getting up. The back judge for some reason not even his call then decided to throw the flag. Defensive back hitting receivers before the ball got there was a lot of the reasons the balls weren't caught. Even on the two point conversion the defensive back was holding the receiver and when he finally got away from him he grab his right arm that's on the replay on tv. Pathetic refs your rt looked the replacement refs in the nfl. Good hard fought game by the png kids.

Some quick stats:

1  2  3  4  T
PN-G    7  7  7  0  21
Silsbee  0  6  8  6  20

Silsbee                      PN-G
Passing
Reed  12-31-186-2-1  Smith  16-32-1-0
Scott  0-1-0 
Rushing
Spearman 14-50        Smith  13-24
Reed        9-44        Wommack 11-33
Scott        7-20        Clopton      2-6
Holmes    1- -9          Rose        2-8
Jackson    1- -5          Murdock    1-4
Receiving
Holmes    4-83          Clopton    7-72
Scott        4-43            Rose        5-48
Jackson    2-8            Chipman  2-25
Spearman  1-28          Wommack 1-16
Garcia      1-13          Murdock  1-5
Elers        1-11

3-32.5              Punts  4-29.5
  16                  FD    13
24:45                TOP    23:15
5-35yds        Penalties  0-0 yds

I agree Football 2010.  The officials were awful.  Never called a pass interference all night,  and there were several (both sides).  And when someone calls for a fair catch,  you're not allowed to wrap him up.

HOWEVER...  Silsbee did not "dominate the game".  They dominated the last 1 1/2 quarters.  The tigers scored on a short field twice and before that PNG was having their way with them.  Silsbee made some great adjustments at half though,  and played to win.

Overall,  Tigers shoulda won... just look at the stats.
It was a good game.  Tigers played their hearts out for sure.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1257594" timestamp="1346478606"]
I agree Football 2010.  The officials were awful.  Never called a pass interference all night,  and there were several (both sides).  And when someone calls for a fair catch,  you're not allowed to wrap him up.

HOWEVER...  Silsbee did not "dominate the game".  [b]They dominated the last 1 1/2 quarters. [/b]  The tigers scored on a short field twice and before that PNG was having their way with them.  Silsbee made some great adjustments at half though,  and played to win.

[/quote]

Yards in the second half:
PN-G      58
Silsbee  210

[quote name="STiger85" post="1257605" timestamp="1346479024"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=102288.msg1257594#msg1257594 date=1346478606]

HOWEVER...  Silsbee did not "dominate the game".  [b]They dominated the last 1 1/2 quarters. [/b]  The tigers scored on a short field twice and before that PNG was having their way with them.  Silsbee made some great adjustments at half though,  and played to win.

[/quote]

Yards in the second half:
PN-G      58
Silsbee  210
[/quote]

That's what I said!  LOL

You don't have your way with somebody and the score be 14-6! Lol and you can't hardly call for a fair catch at the last minute and expect tat not to happen. Silsbee was inside the png 20 three times and fizzled out just in the first half. Man what a killer game hard fought by both sides. Great hard work on both sides! Some png fans smashing the qb, I think he did a fairly good job had a lot of pressure on him several times and found a receiver. Running game killed png you can't throw if you can't run! Gotta get them hawg mollies up front blocking.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1257694" timestamp="1346501260"]
Reed went 13/33 but he should have went at least 22/33. Dropped balls by the WR killed Silsbee! Reed is only going tonget better and the WR must catch this balls.
[/quote]

Kibrybille has Cats and Katz.  We have BadSanta.  Maybe we both could work out a trade?  Not with each other; I mean ship 'em off to some other unsuspecting locale. ;D ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1257224" timestamp="1346468791"]
No good! Horrible call For a fade route
[/quote]
I know we don't agree a lot BS, but we agree this time. That IS a horrible call for HS kids to execute. Especially in the first game of the year with the game on the line.  :-\
However, sounds like Silsbee has some heart after being down by 15. That will help them mature as a team as the season progresses. They should make some noise in 3A.

The Indians have alot of work to do started out somewhat ok then crawled across the finish line. Completed 50% of passes in a high percent low risk passing style of game will not work very well. Running game is what surprised me the most. Silsbee has a great tackle but we still should have done a better job at moving the ball on the ground. Indians have there work cut out for them with WOS next weekend.

it will get ugly for us next week if we dont find somekind of a running game. I was suprised that we only went vertical one or two times. AJ showed good arm strength throwing it down field only to have the receiver drop it behind the secondary. Silsbee got in stride the second half and moved the ball very well. if they wouldnt have dropped the 12 passes that were very catchable it would have been  a different story on the scoreboard.  we cannot give anyone the ball inside our own 30 three times and expect to win. Our running game must improve. seems like the only dinky dink pass play that would work for us was to #30, he had a heck of a game, looks like he is gonna be a physical player for us provided he doesnt get hurt. Rose looked good on the end around for a td. Secondary needs to get it together, silsbees receivers were open on every play, we give wos that it will bad news. the third and fourth quarter for us wasnt good. We have alot of work to do on both sides of the ball. I think the tigers will be fine, the fake punt was a great call burnt us but with the flag was a awful setback.  In my opinion the refs just let the wideouts and cornerbacks go at it. horrible officiating at best. how can you call for a fair catch and get wrapped up after catching it. overall i was impressed with Silsbee, their backfield is young and they are only  gonna get better, if they make half the catches that they dropped, the score woud have been different. we got lucky no doubt, good luck to the tigers, yall have no reason to hang your heads, going for two was a ballsy call but i think the slant or just running the ball with the big back would have been safer. Tough first game for both teams, went down to the last 40seconds, what a way to open week 0! For PNG, we got to get it together, it wont get any easier the next two games, then a bye week and district looks like it will be even tougher, no suprise NED found their defensive mojo, central hung with memorial, scratching my head on that one, ozen got a w on westbrook, vidor dominated sante fe, lumberton and lcm got a loss and we squeeked by just barely, just barely. All i can say is this is gonna be an interesting year.

The best part about a game like this is PNG got out of there with a win and they know they need to get to work.  The players and the coaching staff know they didn't play their best, but still beat a really good Silsbee team.  Sometimes ugly wins are the best thing for younger teams early in the season.  They won't get the big head and Faircloth and Co. will have plenty to work on next week of practice.  Both teams should be fine.

biaplayer, that's what I was thinking, this district race will be interesting. I think Vidor and Nederland will still be at the top, but Ozen, Central, PNG and Livingston will battle for 2 spots. I'm also shocked that LCM only lost 18-0 at WOS, they could hurt someones playoff chances. Also, I wouldn't count on finding a running game next week, WOS' s defense is all about attacking, next  week at the rez will be very interesting, I'm thinking about skipping the Ned-GCM game and going to watch PNG-WOS.

[quote name="football04" post="1257750" timestamp="1346507319"]
biaplayer, that's what I was thinking, this district race will be interesting. I think Vidor and Nederland will still be at the top, but Ozen, Central, PNG and Livingston will battle for 2 spots. I'm also shocked that LCM only lost 18-0 at WOS, they could hurt someones playoff chances. Also, I wouldn't count on finding a running game next week, WOS' s defense is all about attacking, next  week at the rez will be very interesting, I'm thinking about skipping the Ned-GCM game and going to watch PNG-WOS.
[/quote]

Trust me the game wasn't as close as the score. Wos shot themselves in the foot numerous times with costly penalties in the redzone and wide opened touchdown passes dropped. This score should have been atleast 40-0. First game this happens though. LCm has to figure out their QB situation. They tried two or three last night. The second QB #17 actually looked the best, they might want to give him the start next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder