PORT NECHES-GROVES AT SILSBEE BROADCAST/PNG wins 21-20!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="swampdonkey" post="1257254" timestamp="1346469306"]
Happy birthday png from silsbee tigers
[/quote] I agree, to many droped passes, Silsbee in my opinion outplayed PNG. work on catching the ball. ALso the backjudge was awful. All im gonna say about that. Congrats to PNG.

Great job Silsbee!    Defense played a Great game Very proud of you all. The small Tiger defense stood toe to toe With the bigger Offence of the Indians. And they done a great job. Tiger offence still needs to sharpen up on recieving Way to many drop balls . Great job again.

Congratulations PNG on the win.  The Tigers let a few chances slip throught their fingers in this one.  Both teams still have some work to do.  I could see definite improvement in some of the Tigers from last season but the offense overall seemed to have the same problem: move the ball a lot and then have trouble getting into the endzone.  We have to catch the ball,  way to many dropped passes!! Get rid of the gloves!!  I  don't like going to the wildcat near the endzone.  Everyone knows whats coming, and if you do happen to throw the ball its with a player hasn't been throwing the ball the whole game.  With a back the size of Spearman,  run the offense and give yourself a lot more options.  If you want the speedier back in there go with a two back set.  I can't really argue with the decision to go for 2 at the end.  We seemed to have the momentum and we had a bad snap earlier.  However, I would have liked to have seen the sophomore kicker make one like that early in the season for a confidence builder.  As far as the officiating......I don't think they knew they could call pass interference in a high school game(against either team)!! I would also like to know what the discussion was on the motion call on the fake punt. Great game to start the season,  it was good to see the Tiger's fight back and almost pull one out against a team like the Indians.

Tigers stood tall. Great effort by Silsbee. They gave us everything they had. Good luck to you guys in the remainder of the season.

NDN's better get tough. The next two games are not going to be pretty unless we can get it together.

A win is a win, but... That was too close for comfort.

Scoring summary

PNG -- A.J.Smith 5-yard run (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 4:58, 1st.
PNG -- Jeremiah Rose 4-yard run (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 7:31, 2nd.
SIL -- Jordan Holmes 6-yard pass from Patrick Reed (kick failed), 1:08, 2nd.
PNG -- Tim Clopton 20-yard pass from A.J. Smith (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 4:42, 3rd.
SIL -- Zayon Jackson 12-yard pass from Patrick Reed (Montana Garcia from Patrick Reed), 0:08, 3rd.
SIL -- Kendrick Scott 1-yard run (pass failed), 0:38, 4th.

Team Stats

Port Neches-Groves                Silsbee

Total yards                210                                296
Rushes/Yds              31/48                              32/107
Average rush            1.55                                3.34
Comp/Atts              16/32/0                            13/33/1
Pass yards              162                                  189
Comp pct                50                                  39.39
Fumbles/Lost            1/1                                  0/0
Penalties-yards        6-40                                1-10

[quote name="pngdad12" post="1257476" timestamp="1346473791"]
Time to put in the future QB who can throw to both sides not just the left side for five yard gains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

And who who that be?  Your son?

AJ Smith averaged 10.2 yards per completion by the way

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1257491" timestamp="1346474443"]
[quote author=pngdad12 link=topic=102288.msg1257476#msg1257476 date=1346473791]
Time to put in the future QB who can throw to both sides not just the left side for five yard gains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]I agree..Cam Newton, I mean AJ Smith looked pretty good to me.

[quote name="tokenwb" post="1257501" timestamp="1346474679"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=102288.msg1257491#msg1257491 date=1346474443]
[quote author=pngdad12 link=topic=102288.msg1257476#msg1257476 date=1346473791]
[/quote]

[/quote]I agree..Cam Newton, I mean AJ Smith looked pretty good to me.
[/quote]

Yeah in my mind, AJ didn't do a whole lot to lose his job. Receivers need to step up and play calling needs to open up a bit.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33