East Chambers/Silsbee Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1249686" timestamp="1345774488"]
This the same story we heard about Anahuac! Silsbee not that good.
[/quote]

Silsbee IS good but EC is BETTER.  As always, the Bucs are underestimated.  But that is OK, you just keep thinking that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1249991" timestamp="1345818467"]
[quote author=First Down link=topic=101948.msg1249911#msg1249911 date=1345810553]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=101948.msg1249677#msg1249677 date=1345774314]
I bet they dont beat Kirbyville!
[/quote]

Kirbyville will be lucky to get 3rd in the district
[/quote]

10-AA-I

1. Kirbyville
A. Kirbyville
A-1. Kirbyville
El Numero Uno. Kirbyville
[/quote]

That's right...state finalist caliber team yet again!

[quote name="CATS80" post="1249882" timestamp="1345807714"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101948.msg1249742#msg1249742 date=1345776236]
It's been a long day for me. I will post complete stats of this scrimmage in the morning.

I will make these couple of comments.

East Chambers out played, out performed and out coached Silsbee tonight. Just that simple.

After seeing Newton and Kirbyville last week and East Chambers tonight, it's quite obvious to me who has the best team of the three. East Chambers will win district!

I will post stats and make some more detailed comments of this scrimmage in the morning.
[/quote] I totaly agrre with all three also.  It has been a long time since I have seen Silsbee come out as flat and lolly Gag around as if they didnt even want to be playing football. That was terrible. Attitudes need to get right. And Fast.  And When I say this It is not meant to take away from the way EC played last night they were ready, wanted to play , and had the right attitudes for it and it showed great job EC.  Silsbee needs to get their heads right.
[/quote]

This site really does a great job. Sure would like to see those stats !!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1249742" timestamp="1345776236"]
It's been a long day for me. I will post complete stats of this scrimmage in the morning.

East Chambers out played, out performed and out coached Silsbee tonight. Just that simple.

After seeing Newton and Kirbyville last week and East Chambers tonight, it's quite obvious to me who has the best team of the three. East Chambers will win district!

I will post stats and make some more detailed comments of this scrimmage in the morning.
[/quote]

You up yet?... Was hoping to see some stats....  Anything you got will be helpful.

[quote name="BucFan" post="1250075" timestamp="1345823161"]
How did they do?
[/quote]

Look at the Kirbyville/Huntington thread...welcome aboard rookie!  And just so you are aware, Kirbyville is God's gift to football, so watch what you say on here!!! [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/fingersmiley.gif[/img]

[quote name="CATS80" post="1249882" timestamp="1345807714"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101948.msg1249742#msg1249742 date=1345776236]

[/quote] I totaly agrre with all three also.  It has been a long time since I have seen Silsbee come out as flat and lolly Gag around as if they didnt even want to be playing football. That was terrible. Attitudes need to get right. And Fast.  And When I say this It is not meant to take away from the way EC played last night they were ready, wanted to play , and had the right attitudes for it and it showed great job EC.  Silsbee needs to get their heads right.
[/quote]

Maybe Silsbee isn't as good as we thought? Maybe East Chambers is better that most expected. Silsbee coaches got some serious work to do before PNG comes to town. I'd plan on coming to town for that game, but if East Chambers blasted them like that, I might have to come when district starts.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Anafanatic" post="1249978" timestamp="1345817467"]
When I think about Kvillecats, I think about this:

http://youtu.be/__dUlY0JpSc
[/quote]

That was classic!!!

I feel diizzaaay!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1250104" timestamp="1345825956"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=101948.msg1249882#msg1249882 date=1345807714]

[/quote]

Maybe Silsbee isn't as good as we thought? Maybe East Chambers is better that most expected. Silsbee coaches got some serious work to do before PNG comes to town. I'd plan on coming to town for that game, but if East Chambers blasted them like that, I might have to come when district starts.
[/quote]

Not being there (at the scrimmage, I mean) has never seemed to stop you from forming an opinion.  How omniscient are you that you can percieve all of that (and you were, after all, a basketball guru) football info from, what, 90 miles or so from Winnie to Northwest Houston?
Other than your parents, I'm of the opinion that no one in Silsbee is going to miss you if you don't attend any of the games this season.  Save the gas money - stay in Cypress.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1249930" timestamp="1345813671"]
[quote author=First Down link=topic=101948.msg1249911#msg1249911 date=1345810553]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=101948.msg1249677#msg1249677 date=1345774314]
[/quote]

[/quote]  EC gonna come to Kville thinking that 2-9 record in 3A last year gonna guarantee them a win. You gonna get beat my friend...we don't lose to no Bucs ;)

If you are smart you would not bet [u][b]very much[/b][/u]  !!!! Hush while you can dud, you are making yourself and town look bad.
[/quote]

Here are the stats from last night's scrimmage (sorry for the delay):

edit: these are only 1st team stats for both teams

12 play controlled scrimmage

Silsbee                        East Chambers
rushing                    6/32 yards                      3/-1 yards
passing                2-6- 18 yards                    6-9- 141 yards 2 TD's
total                      12/50 yards                    12/140 yards
FD                            3                                      6

Two 10 minute live quarters

Silsbee                            East Chambers
rushing                    11/48 yards  TD                  13/60 yards  TD
passing                  11-24- 143 yards  2INT          7-10- 85 yards 1 TD  1 INT
total                      35/ 191 yards                      23/ 145 yards
FD                            12                                        8
Time of Poss.            9:57                                    10:03

Combined controlled and live scrimmage:

Silsbee                                East Chambers
rushing                      17/80 yards TD                          16/59 yards  TD
passing                    13-30- 161 yards 2 INT            13-19- 226 yards  3 TD's  INT
total                          47/241 yards  TD                    35/285 yards  4 TD's
FD                                15                                            14

East Chambers first play in the 12 play controlled scrimmage was a pass to Roberts in the flat that he turned into a 70 touchdown pass play. This pretty much set the tone for the rest of the scrimmage. East Chambers played very well and executed much better than Silsbee. I was impressed with East Chambers on both sides of the ball.

Silsbee was very flat, particularly in the controlled section. When they went to the live 10 minutes quarters, the Tigers picked up the pace some. Their first possession was an 11 play 70 yards scoring drive that took 4:15 off the clock. It was the longest time consuming drive for either team. Silsbee mixed the run with the pass very well in that drive (8 rushes, 3 passes). After that, Silsbee was all about the pass. The Tigers only rushed the ball 3 times the rest of the night while attempting 21 passes, completing just 8 of them. A total of 13-30 passing is not going to make Silsbee successful in any game or scrimmage.

It was a good scrimmage overall. East Chambers proved they are a team to be reckoned with and fully intend to defend their district crown. For Silsbee, it's a wake up call, particularly from last week's success against Newton. Silsbee has many things to work on in preparation with their game next week against PNG.

EC played well but nobody understands a scrimmage you don't keep busting your running back up the middle. You dont show your cards to other teams. You work on what your weak at and wait for the real season to start. Silsbee will be a lot better than they showed last night. No way EC could hang with them once they get rolling.

[quote name="football2010" post="1250197" timestamp="1345832088"]
EC played well but nobody understands a scrimmage you don't keep busting your running back up the middle. You dont show your cards to other teams. You work on what your weak at and wait for the real season to start. Silsbee will be a lot better than they showed last night. No way EC could hang with them once they get rolling.
[/quote]I think most of us understand what a scrimmage is..... No one is claiming a title for either team.  This is just how it played out last night.  I think EC would do just fine now or later against Silsbee.  Both teams will work on their weakness and come out better next week.

[/quote]

Don't think you were at the game, and if you were then you didn't pay much attention.  That isn't what happened at all!  I think that is what Silsbee was expecting and that isn't what they got.  We did run more than we passed, but it wasn't just up the middle.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1250123" timestamp="1345827757"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=101948.msg1249930#msg1249930 date=1345813671]
[/quote]

[/quote]  EC gonna come to Kville thinking that 2-9 record in 3A last year gonna guarantee them a win. You gonna get beat my friend...we don't lose to no Bucs ;)

If you are smart you would not bet [u][b]very much[/b][/u]  !!!! Hush while you can dud, you are making yourself and town look bad.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Talk is cheap and saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. Click your feet together three times and maybe you'll be back in the real world.
That's the ugly truth.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1250122" timestamp="1345827722"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=101948.msg1250104#msg1250104 date=1345825956]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=101948.msg1249882#msg1249882 date=1345807714]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not being there (at the scrimmage, I mean) has never seemed to stop you from forming an opinion.  How omniscient are you that you can percieve all of that (and you were, after all, a basketball guru) football info from, what, 90 miles or so from Winnie to Northwest Houston?
Other than your parents, I'm of the opinion that no one in Silsbee is going to miss you if you don't attend any of the games this season.  Save the gas money - stay in Cypress.
[/quote]

Tigervoice I would have to agree with you! I'll support from a far just to keep you satisfied. A great man like you  has seen many highs and lows since you were born in 1587.

[/quote]Prob didn't keep bustin him up the middle cause he could get any yards.  I'm just sayin.  The bucs d looks really good.  Small but quick

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1250220" timestamp="1345833372"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=101948.msg1250123#msg1250123 date=1345827757]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=101948.msg1249930#msg1249930 date=1345813671]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Talk is cheap and saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. Click your feet together three times and maybe you'll be back in the real world.
That's the ugly truth.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] Ok..you gon learn! We are still Kirbyville and you gon see in Wildcat land soon ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder