Nederland vs Crosby Predictions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1244363" timestamp="1344862942"]
Crosby will run all over nederland.  Twins are going to have a field day.

Well, that's the hope anyway.  Nederland does have a decent defense.  ;)
[/quote]I've never seen the twins play, or they really that good? ???

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1244821" timestamp="1344956235"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=101551.msg1244363#msg1244363 date=1344862942]
Crosby will run all over nederland.  Twins are going to have a field day.

Well, that's the hope anyway.  Nederland does have a decent defense.  ;)
[/quote]I've never seen the twins play, or they really that good? ???
[/quote]They can go.  I saw them play vs. Vidor last year in the playoffs and they gave Vidor fits until adjustments were made.  They will probably be the best 2 athletes on that team again this year.

From everything I've read about Ned and dayton sound like they match up pretty close.  If that is the case than Ned will not have a problem with Crosby this early in the season.  Let's not forget that Crosby lost most if not all of last year O-line.  Don't care how quick you are if you are running for your life because your O-line is young than you will not be very effective.  After saying that  Ned 31  Crosby 13.  This is subject to change after we scrimmage Ned.  Can't wait to match up our 260+ avg O-line against Ned's 270+ D-line.  Can anyone say SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.  ;) :D ;D

Should be interesting John, although I don't put a whole lot of stock in scrimmages...if nothing else, Nederland is big and physical for certain...this has to be the biggest Nederland team I have seen in years, escpecially on the defensive side of the ball

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1244852" timestamp="1344964674"]
From everything I've read about Ned and dayton sound like they match up pretty close.  If that is the case than Ned will not have a problem with Crosby this early in the season.  Let's not forget that Crosby lost most if not all of last year O-line.  Don't care how quick you are if you are running for your life because your O-line is young than you will not be very effective.  After saying that  Ned 31  Crosby 13.  This is subject to change after we scrimmage Ned.  Can't wait to match up our 260+ avg O-line against Ned's 270+ D-line.  Can anyone say SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.  ;) :D ;D
[/quote]Crosby Jr. Group tied Dayton when they were freshman.  very talented group. And if i remember right Crosby JV vs Dayton last year was very close even with 6 or 7 soph starting on Varsity. I cant remember the score.  I think Dayton and Crosby are very evenly matched.  As for Nederland I think it will be close because it is early in the season but Crosby wins this one.

I can say Nederland has not had a very good track record with either  Dayton or Crosby. I do know the twin are good athletes but are they as good as Jakobi Jones and Tre Green who had a abig offensive line in front of them last year. From what I have seen  and heard Crosby o line is a little  smaller then normal which may be a problem, but good technique goes along way. As for the Dayton game it will be a tough fight with the lines going at it. A good learning game for both teams.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1245006" timestamp="1344988349"]
[quote author=JohnSmith link=topic=101551.msg1244852#msg1244852 date=1344964674]
[/quote]Crosby Jr. Group tied Dayton when they were freshman.  very talented group. And if i remember right Crosby JV vs Dayton last year was very close even with 6 or 7 soph starting on Varsity. I cant remember the score.  I think Dayton and Crosby are very evenly matched.  As for Nederland I think it will be close because it is early in the season but Crosby wins this one.
[/quote]

Dayton JV won 7-0 was a very good game

[quote name="phunter308" post="1245017" timestamp="1344990480"]
I can say Nederland has not had a very good track record with either  Dayton or Crosby. I do know the twin are good athletes but are they as good as Jakobi Jones and Tre Green who had a abig offensive line in front of them last year. From what I have seen  and heard Crosby o line is a little  smaller then normal which may be a problem, but good technique goes along way. As for the Dayton game it will be a tough fight with the lines going at it. A good learning game for both teams.
[/quote]

I don't know if I would call the line smaller. The right tackle is 6' 4" & the left tackle is 6' 2" now the weight on these 2 tackles is 200lb. but they do alot of pulling & reach blocking.

If crosby is running anything similar to what i've seen ss run then the lines not going to be a problem because the offense plays in space. If anyone remembers how Dayton beat Crosby last year, that's the type of offense crosby is probably running this year. Very screen/fake screen heavy, with a solid running threat from good edge blocking, or at least thats how ss beat everyone. I think the twins will thrive in this system... esp Aston who will get a chance to complete a high percentage of passes and be put in good situations to be in.

AS per people who haven't seen these kids play, they are by far the best athletes Crosby has had in years. Perhaps since the 04 team (i think thats the one)

Absolutely pure athletes and Austin is an all downs all purpose back, was a little small last year, those kids are rocks this yeah absolutely built.

Prediction is being saved till after Friday's practice.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1245191" timestamp="1345038602"]
If crosby is running anything similar to what i've seen ss run then the lines not going to be a problem because the offense plays in space. If anyone remembers how Dayton beat Crosby last year, that's the type of offense crosby is probably running this year. Very screen/fake screen heavy, with a solid running threat from good edge blocking, or at least thats how ss beat everyone. I think the twins will thrive in this system... esp Aston who will get a chance to complete a high percentage of passes and be put in good situations to be in.

AS per people who haven't seen these kids play, they are by far the best athletes Crosby has had in years. Perhaps since the 04 team (i think thats the one)

Absolutely pure athletes and Austin is an all downs all purpose back, was a little small last year, those kids are rocks this yeah absolutely built.

Prediction is being saved till after Friday's practice.
[/quote]I have not seen the twins play, but I have Crosby penciled in to see this year. 8) 8)

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1245151" timestamp="1345033403"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=101551.msg1245017#msg1245017 date=1344990480]
[/quote]

I don't know if I would call the line smaller. The right tackle is 6' 4" & the left tackle is 6' 2" now the weight on these 2 tackles is 200lb. but they do alot of pulling & reach blocking.
[/quote]
[b]they do alot of pulling & reach blocking.[/b]
aka  "Holding".

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1245273" timestamp="1345050418"]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=101551.msg1245151#msg1245151 date=1345033403]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=101551.msg1245017#msg1245017 date=1344990480]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]they do alot of pulling & reach blocking.[/b]
aka  "Holding".
[/quote]

No different than any other High school team. In order for it to be called holding it has to be called by the refs. It maybe holding in Crosby but I have seen some of the tackling the Dayton Oline does.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1245326" timestamp="1345058909"]
Any hl's of the twins?
[/quote]

Austin -> [url=http://www.hudl.com/athlete/618456/#austin-walter]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/618456/#austin-walter[/url]

Aston -> [url=http://www.hudl.com/athlete/615566/#aston-walter]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/615566/#aston-walter[/url]

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1245382" timestamp="1345066480"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101551.msg1245326#msg1245326 date=1345058909]
Any hl's of the twins?
[/quote]

Austin -> [url=http://www.hudl.com/athlete/618456/#austin-walter]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/618456/#austin-walter[/url]

Aston -> [url=http://www.hudl.com/athlete/615566/#aston-walter]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/615566/#aston-walter[/url]
[/quote]WOW!! Looking forward to seeing this show live. 8) 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder